Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
Tbh, I was actually digging Tom Cruise and Jake Johnson as douchebag treasure hunters with Courtney B. Vance as their angry boss.

Then all the other stuff happened.
I usually like Jake Johnson, but all his lines seemed so forced in this film that it became cringe inducing.

Suspect's Reviews

Only The Lonely

John Candy 90's vehicle.. A Chicago cop must balance loyalty to his overbearing mother and a relationship with a shy funeral home worker. I remember seeing this a bunch of times on telly as a kid but could hardly remember it and had a desire for some vintage candy and that's what I got.

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
Love the pictures. Feast for my eyes.
Przerósł mnie Kiarostami. Szczególnie ten film. Przymierzam się teraz od lat do trylogii Koker, ale coś nie mogę się zabrać.
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

“I was cured, all right!”

A Silent Voice (2016)

Surprisingly, one of the best anime I've seen. Such a powerful story of how a bully's actions can affect everyone around them including themselves. Deals with really sensitive topics and overall a really emotional watch. It could have went down the route of being dark and disturbing but it never needed too. Plus, the animation was wonderful!!

That last scene was painfully beautiful and remind me of myself during my teenage years. I cried. Great film!

Unregistered User
That last scene was painfully beautiful and remind me of myself during my teenage years. I cried. Great film!

It was. Although I cant say that all the subjects were something that I went through, some were and I think the fact that the film portrayed all these incidents so well, it really helps the audience connect to it emotionally. Agreed, great film.

movies can be okay...

Rewatch.
I wanna know more of what you thought of this film. I haven't seen it, but I'm going to very soon.
"A film has to be a dialogue, not a monologue — a dialogue to provoke in the viewer his own thoughts, his own feelings. And if a film is a dialogue, then it’s a good film; if it’s not a dialogue, it’s a bad film."
- Michael "Gloomy Old Fart" Haneke

movies can be okay...

A Silent Voice (2016)

Surprisingly, one of the best anime I've seen. Such a powerful story of how a bully's actions can affect everyone around them including themselves. Deals with really sensitive topics and overall a really emotional watch. It could have went down the route of being dark and disturbing but it never needed too. Plus, the animation was wonderful!!

I loved the animation and hated the story. It was very crude and primitive in how it went about it. Everything was either black or white. Not to mention, the accompanying soundtrack kept shrieking whenever it was time for a dramatic moment.

Gooble gobble, one of us!

Rewatch.
I saw this film with a ****ty quality version, and it was still beautiful. Would love to rewatch it on a blu-ray version. My favourite Kiarostami would be Certified Copy or Life and Nothing More... Close-up ofc is great as well.

Re-watched this good movie. What used to be called a caper movie. Even Don Cheadle’s Cockney accent was believable. The sequels were rubbish.

I won't dance. Don't ask me...
Przerósł mnie Kiarostami. Szczególnie ten film. Przymierzam się teraz od lat do trylogii Koker, ale coś nie mogę się zabrać.
W jakim sensie przerósł?
Ja byłam zaskoczona bardzo pozytywnie, bo nie przepadam za irańskim kinem. Kojarzy mi się ono przaśnie, ciężko albo niezrozumiale ze względów kulturowych, a najczęściej te trzy rzeczy naraz

I wanna know more of what you thought of this film. I haven't seen it, but I'm going to very soon.
I watched it by a chance first time. Iranian cinematographie never was my fav one.
The Wind turned out to be funny, warm history about portion of Iranian society, diversity between it's members and relationship as a representatives of the human race. For example, there is the scene in which old marriage argue about which of them has more duties and right to be more tired. They remaind me few couples I know
The pictures are really beautiful. I've choosen the gif with guy, who is having a shave, coz the house in the background is wonderful.
When you watch it, we will compare our opinion about this movie.

Ps. I like your caption. It suits you

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
Ja byłam zaskoczona bardzo pozytywnie, bo nie przepadam za irańskim kinem.
Nuda. Lepiej sobie zapuść A Moment of Innocence.

Nuda. Lepiej sobie zapuść A Moment of Innocence.
A gdzie tam! Zabawne i przyjemne dla oka.

A moment of Innocent
zapuszczę! Żebyś wiedział, że zapuszczę

Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri (2017)

Close to a favorite, but as much as I enjoyed it, I can't help but wish a couple of things were different. For the most part, the comedy and drama mix worked splendidly, like the director's In Bruges, which I loved. However, there were a couple of instances when I thought it bordered on silly, like the director's Seven Psychopaths, which I did not like. The other thing is that ending. I don't mind some movies ending like that, but in this movie I needed more closure. I can't say it's a bad ending since I believe it's more about a wide array of feelings and emotions than the actual crime. I just wanted something different. Despite my issues, I was locked in, very entertained, and I loved the cast and characters.

You can't win an argument just by being right!
[center]Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri (2017)

I loved the humour in In Bruges but I didnt feel it in this, like at all. Which are some of the scenes you found humorous,and which did you find silly? Humour just went right over my head in this movie. I think I just had a lost in translation moment but I see a lot of viewers saying they loved the humour.

re: the ending, first time I saw it husband and I just looked at each other and said Huh? Second time I liked it. Still, I've said all the way along I didnt think it earned the best movie nomination. There were moments I felt like I was in spin cycle in the washing machine.

I loved the humour in In Bruges but I didnt feel it in this, like at all. Which are some of the scenes you found humorous,and which did you find silly? Humour just went right over my head in this movie. I think I just had a lost in translation moment but I see a lot of viewers saying they loved the humour.
I thought a lot of the movie was very funny; the priest scene, her interactions with the little guy, Rockwell's mom, and much more.

I didn't find a lot silly, and I think most of it had to do with the ex and his gf.

You can't win an argument just by being right!
I thought a lot of the movie was very funny; the priest scene, her interactions with the little guy, Rockwell's mom, and much more.

I didn't find a lot silly, and I think most of it had to do with the ex and his gf.
Thanks cricket. I intend having a rewatch because I really enjoyed this other than the spin cycle ie: the editing at times, so will adjust my mood. The little guy - yeah I always love Dinklage scenes. I thought she was a total bitch to him so I couldnt find it amusing. I understand why she was but made me feel a bit violent.

Thank you