What are you doing on OSCARS night?

Tools    

We've gone on holiday by mistake
I know you're not being totally serious but this is pretty absurd anyway. The Oscars are a showbiz event, i'd bet the majority of people that watch it don't care that much about movies. That's why the talk following it is so often about what people were wearing, or the jokes or the little bits of drama. Not to mention the Oscars really aren't that open, there's so few shocks each year because they really only award certain types of films.

People are skipping because it's not on until like 2AM where they are on a Sunday night, think that's perfectly reasonable.
Yea bit of a silly comment if serious.

Personally it can take some time for me to finally see most of the films that have been nominated, so if I've only seen 10-20% of the films up for an Oscar then the whole thing is gonna be a bit meaningless.

That being said I would really like to see Gary Oldman bring it home tonight, for a long time he has been my favourite actor.

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
People who skip Oscars are not real movie fans.
That's like saying people who skip Grammy Awards are not real music fans.
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

"That may be, but I've got the Falcon."
UPDATE, y'all.

We got KFC and had a blast watching this year.