Swan's 2018 Film Diary

→ in
Tools    

Do you think I will like Annihilation Swan? I was really interested at first.
Not really sure if you will like it or not, but I wouldn't be surprised either way honestly.

I struggle with sci-fi sometimes, some of it i love but it can also be the most boring genre to me. So i rarely go to the cinema to see sci-fi movies as there's nothing worse than being stuck watching something really dull. It being on Netflix is perfect for me. I mean i have a good tv it's not the same but it's not like i'll be watching it on my phone, it definitely won't be awful. I also think the sacredness of the first viewing is ridiculous nonsense.
It's not about the sacredness of the first viewing, it's just about the fact that you won't be able to experience it on the big screen. Definite pros to that, IMO, and this is a great movie for it. And if your initial impression is lacking the big screen punch, then you might not like it as much.

Seeing Annihilation this weekend
Not sure how you feel about surreal weird slow burn mind-bending science fiction, but I hope you like it.

Omg I just burped like a rhino
You do know that when rhinos burp they invariably 'eject' a little poo from the other end at the same time?

Let the night air cool you off
You do know that when rhinos burp they invariably 'eject' a little poo from the other end at the same time?
you act like Swan doesn't sh*t himself all the time.

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
The Phantom Planet -

(William Marshall, 1961)

Directed by Blacula (no joke)
This is the William Marshall who directed The Phantom Planet

Here's the more famous William Marshall who played Blacula;

There are similarities so an easy mistake to make

Let the night air cool you off
I first thought that the OG Steve McQueen was the Steve McQueen that directed the movie with Michael Fassbender's flopping cock... then I realized that that didn't make any sense at all, on account of he died 30 years before it came out.

I first thought that the OG Steve McQueen was the Steve McQueen that directed the movie with Michael Fassbender's flopping cock... then I realized that that didn't make any sense at all, on account of he died 30 years before it came out.
I thought that too!

To be fair i don't think i've seen McQueen in anything, think he's more an American phenomenon. Actually The Great Escape is always mentioned on comedy shows and stuff as a great British Christmas thing, who knows i've never heard anyone in real life mention The Great Escape.

This is the William Marshall who directed The Phantom Planet

Here's the more famous William Marshall who played Blacula;
Thanks for the info. I had checked Letterboxd, but I guess they had it wrong.

You rate Carrie and Fast Times too low but at least you got City if God right. I don't know anything about Annihilation; is it for me?
I would say no, because it's science fiction.