MoFo Fantasy Baseball - 2018 Signups

Tools    

A system of cells interlinked
12th!! Arg!!!

Dang, now I will be forced to get Tongo to trade me his 1st rounder before the season starts!

12th!! Arg!!!

Dang, now I will be forced to get Tongo to trade me his 1st rounder before the season starts!
Not sure how we'd do it but I'll trade the second pick for a small compensation of some kind. Maybe an extra pick later on in the draft? I have no idea if that's even possible tho.

Seriously tho, I will happily trade the 2nd pick for the 11th or 12th pick. Preferably the 12th.

I can't think of any issue (unless someone objects) with trading draft slots, provided it's for the entire draft. IE: you just switch places, in every round, by mutual agreement.

I'm not sure if we can do anything more involved than that on the tech side (like asymmetric trades where you trade certain rounds for others), though even if we could I'd want to spend a fair bit of time thinking and talking about the implications of it, since I can see a couple of potential issues.

I can't think of any issue (unless someone objects) with trading draft slots, provided it's for the entire draft. IE: you just switch places, in every round, by mutual agreement.

I'm not sure if we can do anything more involved than that on the tech side (like asymmetric trades where you trade certain rounds for others), though even if we could I'd want to spend a fair bit of time thinking and talking about the implications of it, since I can see a couple of potential issues.
Yeah, I kinda thought that. I'm happy with the 2nd pick. I watched Altuve a lot last year and will happily take him behind Trout. And in the 2 spot I still get the kind of double up picks I like after the second round so its a good spot. If there's a time when they let us trade our picks before the draft, that would be a hoot. But as far as just changing draft spots... nah.

And I'm with ya, I think. If we did some kind of league where we could do all sorts of deals even pre-draft we'd need some things in place first.

Ohtani!

I was just looking at how Yahoo is going to treat him and, it appears, that there are 2 Shohei Ohtanis—a pitcher and a hitter—and they can be drafted separately. Draft-prep accordingly, folks.

I noticed on yahoo this weekend they sorta suggested you should skip over Kris Bryant in the first round. I agree with this strategy. In fact, feel free to let him drop all the way to the end of the second round and I can have him for a "good value" pick.

I feel like they're always co-champs, so maybe they're undefeated(?)

Its odd to think about potentially drafting one person two take up 2 slots on my roster. Is that real? Is he really gonna play both ways? I feel like the MLB is gonna throw up roadblocks and make it hard for him to do both.

He's gonna play both ways in real life, but on Yahoo Ohtani has been split into two players: the pitcher, and the hitter. In the draft room there should be a parenthetical note after his name to denote which one you're looking at.

I think I heard ESPN was treating him as one guy, but that each time you put him into your lineup it had to be either as one or the other (IE: if you started him as a pitcher, you wouldn't get his hitting stats that day, and vice-versa).

I find that hard to see, don't you? The way teams are these days with injuries? After he pitches they're gonna let him play the field the next day? It's been decades since a guy has done it. I don't buy it and surely not for an entire season. If he's a pitcher then I'd put real money on him just being a pitcher by the end of the year. The Angel's are gonna protect their investment by making it hard for him to play the field. I think I'm staying away from him on draft day on offense.

I think at least at first it'll be pitching regularly with a couple days off per week, but yeah, it wouldn't shock me if that because 3-4 days as the season wore on. Though I guess it'll depend on how he reacts and how well he performs.

It sure is cool, though, to see something like this.

I think Ohtani is mostly going to DH when he's not pitching since the Angels have a decent OF (J Up, Trout, Calhoun). This will force Pujols to play more 1B, but they also traded CJ Cron to make that possible. I also forgot that they got Zack Cozart and Ian Kinsler. Their lineup is going to be pretty good, I think.

Upton is very streaky and a head case. Pujols is way past his prime as well and Kinsler is getting up there as well. Cozart is injury prone. Ohtani is unproven. I expect much of the same from the Angels this year. They might be improved but record wise only a slight improvement.

Think I am going to miss it guys, sorry. I will trry to jump on on my phone. Had a couple things come up at work.

Definitely give the phone thing a try, seems like the apps they have have gotten a lot better the last few years. I think I heard PW say he'd done a couple drafts on his phone and it worked pretty well.

Make Believe Registered User
I have done a ton of drafts on my phone, works really well as long as you have good service.