Movies that will make your Life Better!

Tools    

Hi guys!! I wanna create a Thread which everyone could post their own favorite list of movies with positive lessons of life .

This is my list, I think everyone must watch them:

Shawshank Redemption
John Q
The Green Mile
American History X
Cast Away
One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest
A Beautiful Mind
Midnight Express
Carlito's Way
Intouchables
Saving Private Ryan
Life Is Beautiful
The Bucket List
The Pursuit of Happyness
Stand By Me
Felon
127 Hours
A History of Violence
Man On Fire
Flight
Blow
Full Metal Jacket
Land Of Mine
Gran Torino

They won't make your life better.

They will make you feel better, but that won't last.

You can't win an argument just by being right!
Midnight Express
What's the positive life lesson - if you want to get mixed up with drugs stay at home and save the airfare? Good thinking!

What's the positive life lesson - if you want to get mixed up with drugs stay at home and save the airfare? Good thinking!
The lesson is never give up bro, and keep the hope always alive!
ahah anyway about drugs you are right!!

Welcome to the human race...
Yeah, I'm just reading over quite a few of the answers and trying to figure out what "positive life lessons" you can take from movies like Full Metal Jacket or Blow or A History of Violence. They definitely stand out compared to most of the answers having some extremely obvious "inspirational" angles, but a bunch of them can effectively be reduced to "crime doesn't pay" as well.

Yeah, I'm just reading over quite a few of the answers and trying to figure out what "positive life lessons" you can take from movies like Full Metal Jacket or Blow or A History of Violence. They definitely stand out compared to most of the answers having some extremely obvious "inspirational" angles, but a bunch of them can effectively be reduced to "crime doesn't pay" as well.
Yes, u got me,man!
Maybe someone can not get the lesson but for example I think that the final speech in "Blow" is awesome. "Crime doesn't pay" like u said!
From "A History of Violence" I got that "the past is always alive, so be right in your life"!
Same thing, I like the quote from "The Town", even isn't in the list, he says "No matter how much you change, you still have to pay the price for the things you've done."

Anyway I think that In many movies we can get a lesson, even if in many of them is a bit hidden.

Sorry for my English, I hope u got me! Peacee

Movies with life lessons:

One Hundred Foot Journey
The importance of opening yourself up to the possibility of being influenced by those who are different than you.

Jean de Florette/Manon of the Spring The damage that spite can do to a person.

Purple Rose of Cairo- Choices can change your life for the better if you have the courage to make them.

Hector and the Search for Happiness.

The rules for happiness in the movie (and book) are great to live by.

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
They won't make your life better.

They will make you feel better, but that won't last.
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

Hellloooo Cindy - Scary Movie (2000)
gattaca - a very simplified version is that hard work/discipline is the most important ingredient.

Needs to be seen really. Moving and inspirational (fictional) story.

That elusive hide-and-seek cow is at it again

Ha!
Wait. Serious? If you liked Skyline, the sequel, Beyond Skyline, is on Netflix now. It eventually feathers over where the last one left off.

"Ever try to forcibly pin down a house cat? It's not easy." - Captain Steel

"I just can't get pass sticking a finger up a dog's butt." - John Dumbear

The Matrix Evolution
You can put all your ideas in one post you know right?

For me its either passion projects that leave me flying high as I leave the theater (like Close Encounters of the Third Kind or Hope and Glory) or redemption stories (like almost any version of A Christmas Carol or movies like Red Road). Im a sucker for all that. Cant vouch they will work for others but they sure make me feel good.