Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

Killing Ground (Damien Power, 2016)

The title is about as innovative as it gets

Diary of a Teenage Girl (2015)

-

Cobpyth recommended this because it's eligible for the female director's countdown. It's a coming of age film about a 15 year old girl that focuses on her sexual awakening and experimentation. It's dark and explicit enough that it reminded me just a tad of Von Trier's Nymphomaniac, and I had to look up the age of the actress just so I could be comfortable watching it. Besides that, it has much in common with other coming of age films. This girl has an affair with her mom's boyfriend, and it's shown in a little bit of a different way. Of course he's scum, but he's not really portrayed that way, and she's more the aggressor. Being set in 70's San Francisco is pretty awesome, although it's not fully taken advantage of. I think it's a very good movie that could have been great had it had a little more life at times.

The Intouchables - 9/10

2011 French comedy about unemployed guy from Senegal who unexpectedly gets landed a job working for a tetraplegic billionaire art dealer in Paris. The relationship develops and they swap experiences and observations, Baroque classics with 'Earth, Wind & Fire', paragliding in the Alps with joints at concerts. At the opera (Weber's "Der Freischütz") the now cult scene: "He's a tree, a singing tree. And in German!"

Suspiria (Dario Argento, 1977)

A stylish reminder to never leave a broken Slinky just laying around

Carrie (1976)

Welcome to the human race...
Knew something's wrong with your post. Fixed it for ya.
If I had to make a post every time one of yours needed fixing, I'd have passed 30,000 by now.

Super Dark Times -

more like Super Dork Times

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
If I had to make a post every time one of yours needed fixing, I'd have passed 30,000 by now.

Super Dark Times -

more like Super Dork Times
I literally just put this on my Netflix Queue.

Your rating means I'll probably like it.

Suspect's Reviews

This might just do nobody any good.

Pretty good. Among the best Marvel outings, though I know that means varying degrees of quality to a lot of ya’ll.

“Calls the Rhinos” should be the new “Jumps the Shark” tho.

Rounders - 7/10

The cast is basically perfect. Haven't seen this in a while but I tell you, absence must make the heart grow fonder. Some parts are difficult to watch, but it's uplifting as a concept to see that at least the characters can keep moving forward after mistakes that would make most people suicidal.

This might just do nobody any good.
Rounders is a fun one. I’d recommend Sneakers if you’re interested in something of the same vibe. Robert Redford hacker movie.

Black Panther - 2018

Man is there a lot to digest in this. I'm going keep it simple and just rattle of some of my thoughts. The movie is very good. But 98% on rotten good? Nah. The Panther is a really cool character. Everyone acted great. MBJ character was really good. His motivations were well fleshed out and understandable. I do feel like they might have underutilized him a tad. Andy Serkis was fantastic but basically wasted in both his appearances as the Klaue in Marvel. A shame. Coogler did wonderful again, you can just feel his voice in everything he does which makes everything he does unique. However he might need more work on his action scenes. Some of them I had no clue what the hell was happening while others really worked. You can definitely feel the social commentary about race in the movie. I think at times it can weigh it down and other times it can lift it. I think it's conflicted, like many African Americans about the US, about the message it wanted to tell. Ultimately I think the end message is the right one. We will see how people will take it, at the very least thought provoking. The movie does have something unique to say but it has a lot of cliche superhero tropes in it. It might be a fairly generic superhero flick if it wasn't for the race card. It has a lot more to say and thought provoking then say Ragnorok, but to me Thor was more entertaining.

Anyways I'd give it a 3.5 out 5. I think it's a high 80s on rotten tomatoes. But naturally everyone is afraid to critique like normal for fear of being labeled a racist. It was well done and I get it will be inspirational. But there have been better superhero flicks, hell WW did the inspirational better to me.

101 Favorite Movies (2019)

Invasion of the Saucer Men 1957 7 / 10
You should watch the '65 remake now Attack Of The Eye Creatures.

Olympia 1. Teil - Fest der Völker [Olympia Pt 1: Festival Of Nations] (Leni Riefenstahl, 1938)
+
Some really nice footage and throwage, oh yeah and jumpage too

Welcome to the human race...
I literally just put this on my Netflix Queue.

Your rating means I'll probably like it.
Perhaps. It's not too bad at building an atmosphere but it's a disappointingly one-note movie, though I suppose I should have known that going in. Not sure what else is on your Netflix queue, but surely you can do better.

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
Your post's so funny! How it gradually goes from these low ratings (Boogie Nights is much better than Punch-Drunk Love, though) to a full rating for Stalker.
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.