Would you support the idea of a black actor playing James Bond?

Tools    

Are you saying you approve of his woman beating? I mean that's the interview where he says it i believe.
Haha No Just saying he acts like his character AKA The real James Bond

What "real" James Bond?
I'm saying that he is the real life James Bond. I'm not saying James Bond is a real person

What would people think of a Black Bond? What would be next? MLK biopic played by a white man? Heck why not a white woman?
Because...

a) King was real person, and...
b) King's race was an inextricable part of what made his life significant.

Neither of these things are true of Bond.

Haha No Just saying he acts like his character AKA The real James Bond
As a little kid, I remember being a bit traumatized by Bond movies - what I mean is, I'd always wonder about the bad guy's henchmen. They'd all usually be killed either in a hail of gunfire or an explosion, and I'd always wonder about their families - did they have kids? Did the kids ever find out why Daddy just never came home one day?

(There was actually a Simpson's episode that kind of touched upon this idea - where Homer unknowingly lands a great job and moves the family to a beautiful new home so he can work for a high tech organization... which turns out to be a group run by a Bond-style villain)

In one of the earlier movies with Connery, Bond has a bad guy in a hotel room - the guy's been disarmed and is on his knees surrendering - if I remember correctly, I think the cops might even be on the way. But Bond just shoots his captive which was both brutal and kind of stupid as the authorities could have pumped this guy for information about whichever terrorist group he belonged to.

As a little kid, I remember being a bit traumatized by Bond movies - what I mean is, I'd always wonder about the bad guy's henchmen. They'd all usually be killed either in a hail of gunfire or an explosion, and I'd always wonder about their families - did they have kids? Did the kids ever find out why Daddy just never came home one day?
It worked out well for Jaws remember. Despite all odds, he survived and got to hook up with Dolly.

You can't win an argument just by being right!
I think he's a great actor. He's fit and men's clothing drape perfectly off him. Yes I would like to see him as Bond but not to get caught up in the franchise. Do a Lazenby and tell the Producers who think they're god where to go after it.

That's just a perfect man.

oops I beg your pardon. I'm not sure how that happened. My bad.

Ripped. Look at those pretty deltoids and chocolate guns.

Ouch.

We've gone on holiday by mistake
Because...

a) King was real person, and...
b) King's race was an inextricable part of what made his life significant.

Neither of these things are true of Bond.
Always have the feeling of a naughty schoolboy summoned to headmasters office when I see Yoda has replied

Could argue that Bond whilst clearly fictional is based upon Fleming himself, a kind of WW2 era English gentleman spy. Let's face it in present day there still aren't many black faces amongst English upper classes, and its those upper classes that still dominate the higher echelons of Western security services, and particularly British officers in our forces.

The source on the above is from accounts I've read from lower ranking security personell complaining of officer ranks being grandfathered in from the right families/skull and bones etc.

Like I've said previously I like Idris Elba but it would feel like unrealistic diversity foe a black bond. I'm sure I've also said before that Bond doesn't work well in the modern age, they should consider going back to the 60s/70s in the future. Modern espionage is all mobile phones and drones.

I would like to see Samuel L Jackson as new James Bond

I would like to see Samuel L Jackson as new James Bond
He's too old now. But you know what black actor would have been a great Bond in his day? Sidney Poitier. He has class with a cool, calm demeanor. He has a British sounding accent, he was born in the Bahamas....and he could kick some ass if need be.

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
I misread the title as "Would you support the idea of a black actor playing Jesus"
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

I misread the title as "Would you support the idea of a black actor playing Jesus"
Well he certainly wasn't white. Wonder why the "i'd be just as annoyed if a white person played a PoC" people haven't been complaining about that

You can't win an argument just by being right!
He's too old now. But you know what black actor would have been a great Bond in his day? Sidney Poitier. He has class with a cool, calm demeanor. He has a British sounding accent, he was born in the Bahamas....and he could kick some ass if need be.
Yes and yes to both of those, although dayum, you would never pick Samuel's age, same with Sidney. Beautiful skin! And Samuel is going to be too busy in the sequel for Hitman's Bodyguard II, right Iro!

It's about time we had Jane Bond, a promiscuous (perhaps bisexual), bacardi & coke slugging (stirred not shaken) power-woman, black or white, who saves the world on numerous occasions from evil, leather-clad female villains with patches over one eye or stroking a cat.