Forced diversity in Hollywood

Tools    

You can't win an argument just by being right!
Outbreeding is out of question buddy. I am not asking for it . I am just asking worried people to match the birth rate of others instead of complaining here , not outmatching their birth rate .
Oh poppycock. A couple of women on a movie forum are going to cave in to the demands made by a single male and make a difference to the percentages about the colour of different birth rates and...and...their religion which is where you want to go. Pull the other leg and it plays jingle bells.

I am not worried. Why should I be ? I am Asian, not white . It is bunker wise who is worried really . I was advising him to maintain population of whites instead of complaining about forced diversity of other ethnicities. In democracy numbers matter and his concerns would become less if whites are in some numbers . If they dwindle in numbers then the ethnic diversity in Hollywood will increase not decrease.
Anyone correct me if I'm wrong but I think it's Chinese women who are only allowed to have two children maximum. I don't think anyone needs to increase their numbers rather I would prefer if everyone follows The two kids maximum rule. In fact what ever the statistics are on how many people die every year should be equalised on the amount of kids being born but that's too idealistic.

What would be better is the two kids maximum rule, The world is becoming dangerously over populated as it is. The way I see it when you go to the zoo you're only see about seven lions in an enclosure any more than that will be unhealthy for the Lions. Just think about if World War I World War II Vietnam Pakistan and all wars never happened if the bubonic plague never happened too. The world would be so over populated that there would be no room for countrysides. But if we don't do the two kids rule now one day it will be too late and war or random selection might be are only options.

Or maybe others positive repping it are also tired of people telling them they ought to have children. Which would be why I repped it.
I repped it and it had nothing to do with the 'awful' comment. I am also not totally "Skippy"

This might just do nobody any good.
This could go 50/50 for best and worst thread of the year.

I don't know what that means.
I have PoC heritage. skippy is a slur word by minority groups for whities here. Doesnt bother me. I've been called worse than after a kangaroo movie star.

Saunch - reps for the Jack Elam avatar!
I wonder how many people here know who he was.
He's an actor that did westerns!

He's an actor that did westerns!
I just read (in his trivia section IMDB) that he had a larger role in High Noon which was mostly cut, and the credits were already done, so he got no credit for his short appearance in the film.

Oh poppycock. A couple of women on a movie forum are going to cave in to the demands made by a single male and make a difference to the percentages about the colour of different birth rates and...and...their religion which is where you want to go. Pull the other leg and it plays jingle bells.
I was talking originally to 0P ( bunker wise ) , not to any females . Since he was so bothered about forced diversity in Hollywood. I certainly did not expect that any females would take it personally.

I feel I have made my point now and am not going to argue more about it.

I just read (in his trivia section IMDB) that he had a larger role in High Noon which was mostly cut, and the credits were already done, so he got no credit for his short appearance in the film.
I just remember him from westerns.. didnt he play on a western tv show?

In honor of the 2nd post on this thread, I'm viewing Spider-Man Homecoming (2017).

A small review may follow upon completion.
Halfway-thru, there's things I like and those I don't (some of which refer to this thread's topic and some of which are due to being a long time comic geek).

What I will say - however this movie turns out, it seems saved by the performance of Michael Keaton giving real life to an old (both in real terms and those of comics) villain - totally making up for the surrealist art-nuevo claptrap that was Birdman (2014)!

This is largely a stereotype of course. You only assume all blacks talk the same because when you talk with blacks that dont sound that way on the phone you assume they are white. Believe me theres LOTS of blacks that dont sound ebonic in the least... And in America, they tend to pat them on the head and call them "well spoken" which is a euphemism for "he actually sounds intelligent!" This has faded some with the newest generation but I certainly saw this a lot growing up.
I never said that all blacks talk the same. But it's true that there exists a typical black English dialect:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Afri...acular_English

Of course there are lots of American blacks who don't speak that variety of English (such as the Somalians in Minnesota for instance). But it's interesting that it shows how strong are the cultural ties inside the black community in the US. Even in Canada this dialect is often used by blacks.

My overall point was just to explain that while it's true races don't exist in a biological sense ethnic groups exist in a social sense. European Americans, African Americans and Asian Americans as well as Hispanics and perhaps Jews exist as separate ethnic groups inside the US. This situation is different from many other countries which are traditionally composed of only one ethnic group with some small populations of foreigners. For instance, Japan, or Germany. Brazil is multi ethnic but it's ethnic groups have long fused together and so we lack a strong sense of ethnicity, with the possible exception of Japanese Brazilians who tend to be very proud of their heritage, the rest of the population just identifies themselves as Brazilians and they don't think in terms of ethnic groups.

Of course there are lots of American blacks who don't speak that variety of English (such as the Somalians in Minnesota for instance).
Or like hundreds of thousands of NORMAL BLACK AMERICANS! Which is entirely my point.

But it's interesting that it shows how strong are the cultural ties inside the black community in the US. Even in Canada this dialect is often used by blacks.
I know a couple of black Canadians (like 2 of all 26 of them ) and they all sound like CANADIANS. They even say "aboot" and "eh" and all the stereotypical stuff and they apologize constantly (soory!) like any other red blooded Canadian does. Further, I have LOTS of black friends and relatives in the south and if you closed your eyes and listened to them you would swear they were just some run of the mill good ol boy from Carolina. Yes shockingly its possible for black people to have SOUTHERN accents because, you know, they live in the SOUTH... They sound nothing like inner city blacks from Chicago or New York (who by the way have Queens accents if they come from Queens or Bronx accents if they come from the Bronx!)

ethnic groups exist in a social sense
This is certainly true but i dont think citing how people SOUND is necessary (or accurate) in demonstrating this point.

European Americans, African Americans and Asian Americans as well as Hispanics and perhaps Jews exist as separate ethnic groups inside the US.
While theres some truth to this I find that more and more of us are intermarrying and intermixing. The thing is when theres been mixing in the past its always resulted in the next generation being forced to identify with one group or the other and not being accepted for the mix or ethnicities they are (and that we all are technically). I think thats changing with this current generation. But we'll see...

Brazil is multi ethnic but it's ethnic groups have long fused together and so we lack a strong sense of ethnicity, with the possible exception of Japanese Brazilians who tend to be very proud of their heritage, the rest of the population just identifies themselves as Brazilians and they don't think in terms of ethnic groups.
From the outside Brazil still looks like a place that has lots of racial issues. Arent darker skinned Brazilians looked down on there by lighter skinned Brazilians and make up the most significant percentage of the extreme poor and the inhabitants of the favelas? Thats the impression we get from the media reports.

I think there is forced diversity in Hollywood. However, I don't think it's entirely Hollywood's fault. AND, I don't think it's as bad as people think.

In the 80's there were TONS of films that came out that had few or no minorities in it. Many released movies inadvertently created stereotypes, when they weren't trying to stereotype. Media and public called foul, and the studios got slapped pretty hard with this. Better Off Dead has no black people in it, and has 2 Chinese brothers who drag race in a foreign car. The spoof at the time was that the type of foreign car was not what would be drag racing on the street. The stereotype didn't exist....until after the movie, and the studio was called out for this, and the fact that they didn't cast any black actors. Over the years it has slowly lessened.

Now this isn't entirely a bad thing. It did allow the writers, casting directors, and other departments to expand their views of lead actors. An old wizard doesn't have to be a man, or an evil witch doesn't have to be a woman. It can provide more creativity.

What bothers me is when a studio takes a story and uses the cast in a re-imagining, and people call it whitewashing. I have no issue with changing some of the cast around in Spider-Man. It was done well. I do feel that they departed the original feel of Spider-Man's origins, but they did it in a way that modernized it. I can't say I fully agree with all of their choices, but a few were actually believable. Ghost in the Shell, was accused of whitewashing, but the story was blended well for the fit of the character's storyline. I had other issues with the movie, but whitewashing was definitely not one of them. Foreign countries make American and European movies their own all the time. Many are blatant rip-offs. Bollywood is notorious for this. I can't remember the foreign title, (since it is in a foreign language I don't understand, and it's not a direct translation of the title) but there is an Indian movie that totally ripped off the story of Tom Sawyer. Injun Joe was some crazed China-man, and Huck was a Buddhist instead of Hindu which is why he was considered an outcast of his community.

The biggest reason why Hollywood is doing this is to meet the whining of the public and media. Maybe they are just trying to placate the masses. If they get the damn story right or believable, then I don't care. If it bombs, people are going to complain that it was because of the craptastic casting. If it becomes a smash hit, people will praise it for the re-imagining. Just enjoy it or dislike it on your own. It's not like you can trust many critics to give a fair review, anyway.