The Boys

Tools    

http://screenrant.com/boys-comic-boo...inemax-amazon/

"It looks like another gritty comic book adaptation is destined for the small screen, with streaming giant Amazon having now picked up the small screen adaptation of Garth Ennis’ The Boys.

Aiming to “out Preacher” Preacher, Ennis and Transmetropolitan‘s Darick Robertson ran The Boys comic for an impressive 72 issues from 2006-2012. Focussing on a world where superheroes exist, “The Boys” were a covert group of CIA superheroes who were tasked with keeping the other heroes in check. With some corrupted by their own ego and celebrity status, it is up to the small group of dysfunctional lads to battle the power and perils of spandex supes.

Originally destined for Cinemax, Variety reports that Amazon has taken over the rights and ordered the one-hour pilot for The Boys from Seth Rogen and Evan Goldberg. To add to the talent, Supernatural writer Eric Kripke is writing the pilot, while The Boys is expected to go straight to a full-series order.

Roughly set in the mid-noughties, The Boys balanced the perfect blend of anti-heroes and villains that modern TV viewers have come to expect – but will the show find another Walter White for everyone to love? With its uncompromising violence and sexual nature, The Boys is one of the most violent additions to the genre and ranks up there with the likes of Transmetropolitan and The Authority. Rogen and Goldberg’s involvement was announced back in 2016, so it is great to see that there is finally some movement on the show."

A friend got me into this, on volume 5 at the moment

Don't know why, but I've got Josh Helman in my head to play Butcher, not sure if he could pull off cockney if they take that route though

This might just do nobody any good.
They’ve cast members of the Seven already, with Antony Starr as Homelander which is odd because Starr is perfect for Billy Butcher.

Don't know why, but I've got Josh Helman in my head to play Butcher, not sure if he could pull off cockney if they take that route though
Make sure you read Herogasm, the first mini-series. The other mini's aren't really that important but Herogasm is.

Make sure you read Herogasm, the first mini-series. The other mini's aren't really that important but Herogasm is.
Just finished it, I'm really curious how the flying scenes will look for this. That and how Terror will be used if at all

aaaaaaand done, one of the best I've read, really strong finish after a bit of a slow middle. Can't wait til next year

also just found out that Hughie, Mother's Milk and The Female have been listed on IMDb

Jack Quaid - Hughie

Laz Alonso - Mother's Milk

Karen Fukuhara - The Female

Aaaaaaaaaaaand Billy Butcher has been cast! Excited to see what Karl Urban does with the character
Wasn't expecting that!
Me too! But it's a great choice, loved his take on Dredd and McCoy so I have no fears of this being effed up

Me too! But it's a great choice, loved his take on Dredd and McCoy so I have no fears of this being effed up
I was just married to the idea of a Vinnie Jones type playing him.

I was just married to the idea of a Vinnie Jones type playing him.
My bud that introduced me to the comic said the same, a 90's Vinnie. Craig Fairbrass and Ray Stevenson were mentioned too but I never thought they'd aim so high with it

My bud that introduced me to the comic said the same, a 90's Vinnie. Craig Fairbrass and Ray Stevenson were mentioned too but I never thought they'd aim so high with it
Really good choices, omg Fairbrass looks a LOT like him.

I tend to cape for actors who are striking lookalikes for their comic characters.
Of course, it's an automatic relation to the character. Performance always outweighs the look

Elizabeth Shue is listed in the cast in imdb, no character yet but (edit)
Apparently she's Madelyn Stillwell?
Attachments
Click image for larger version

Name:	BoysVol1LimitedHC12.jpg
Views:	134
Size:	137.5 KB
ID:	47345