Dr. Strangelove: 40th Anniversary Edition?

Tools    

Originally Posted by The Digital Bits
Here's something you Kubrick fans are going to enjoy... Columbia TriStar is currently preparing a 2-disc Dr. Strangelove: 40th Anniversary Special Edition for release on 11/2. We have no details yet on extras, but expect the title to be announced soon. Maybe we'll finally get to see that "cream pie fight in the War Room" deleted scene.
There was also something about a 2001: A Space Odyssey SE... look it up if you wish.

Looks Nice but i wont get it cause i was probably considering getting the Kubrick box Set.
Garrett you get the Scorsese Box Set Yet?

Originally Posted by Zzat
Garrett you get the Scorsese Box Set Yet?
Nope

Hopefully this weekend.

A novel adaptation.
Oh, jebus.
You're kidding me.

Am I going to have to buy all of my movies twice?
The problem with this sort of thing is that as angry as I am about hjaving to buy it again, I can't complain if even a minor approvement is being made.
It's like some sort of sick paradox exploited for pleasure by these companies.

Originally Posted by Herod
Am I going to have to buy all of my movies twice?
The problem with this sort of thing is that as angry as I am about hjaving to buy it again, I can't complain if even a minor approvement is being made.
It's like some sort of sick paradox exploited for pleasure by these companies.
I know what you mean... lucky for me I never got these two on dvd and I've been meaning to purchase them.

Originally Posted by TheDigitalBits.com
We've got some more big announcements for you today. First of all, Columbia TriStar has officially revealed that Dr. Strangelove: 40th Anniversary Edition we told you about last week. Look for the 2-disc set (due 11/2) to include the film in its original variable full frame aspect ratio(s), with audio in English Dolby Digital & DTS 5.1. Extras will include The Art of Stanley Kubrick from Short Films to Strangelove documentary, the Inside the Making of Dr. Strangelove featurette, original split-screen interviews with Peter Sellers and George C. Scott, an original advertising gallery, cast bios and production notes. Other than Dolby Digital and DTS 5.1 audio and the set being released on 2 discs, we're trying to determine how this differs from the previous SE release. There doesn't seem to be much difference.
It's official, folks.

The Scorsese one? Nope. I plan to tomorrow or Sunday.