Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

I won't dance. Don't ask me...
Noah was big surprise for me. I watched it randomly, but I it engaged me. I didn't expect, the old story has been done with a new form.
Your rating says, you didn't enjoy much

I won't dance. Don't ask me...
No problems. Likewise, more miss than hit for me. "Drugstore Cowboy" was good i thought.
We have a deal

I haven't heard about "Drugstore cowboy". Thanks once again

Small Town Crime (2017)

Good little film, John Hawkes plays an alcoholic ex-cop who seeks out a way to get his badge back (or just some self-respect) by trying to solve a murder in his old jurisdiction but as a civilian. It's low-key and Hawkes is very watchable in it. Also, Clifton Collins Jr is always a welcome sight in my book. A pleasant distraction but kinda derivative of a few films I've seen recently. A strong 7.5/10.

“I was cured, all right!”

4 hours of politics. This was not a tale of revenge like the other versions, Mizoguchi was more interesting in showing the aspects of honor that comes with revenge. Some really brilliant actors in this movie. If you are a Mise en scène fan, this movie is for you, Mizoguchi's travellings and the aesthetic audacity deserves one hour of standing ovation.

Man, this movie is brutal (violence wise). I was expecting to like Shot Caller (2017) better than Brawl in Cellblock 99 (2017), and from an acting/production stand point, Shot Caller is the better movie, but hell, the brutal pulpiness of Brawl in Cellblock 99 completely won me over. Vince Vaughn's acting is a little stiff, but I think it fits his character. I was a big fan of Bone Tomahawk (2015), and am looking forward to S. Craig Zahler's next movie, Dragged Across Concrete.

RATING:

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
Watched this today, not bad, good performances but overall a bit thin I thought. It was obviously bigger news in the USA than it was here. 6/10.
I gave it a little higher score, but only because the rest of the movies made around the time have been so awful.. Call it a handicap. I figure if most people are going to watch whatever is "new" might as well throw my hat towards something decent.

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
Sam Peckinpah: Man of Iron - 10/10

I saw this before.. Another example of a guy who is more interesting than his movies (Orson Welles for example).. Wish there was more than ONE interview on YouTube; I need to keep a list of interesting people and keep checking for new uploads.

Nattlek [Night Games] (Mai Zetterling, 1966)
+
Even demons need exercise

The film has nothing to do with the 'oppressed black people Oscar bait' you think it is. The film is meant to be a satire on progressives who claim to be not racist (If I could, I'd vote for Obama for a third term) but end up being more racist than the people they claim to hate.
Whoa. You took this all wrong. If anyone thought Get Out was Oscar bait they don't know what Oscar bait is. Oscar bait is anything Steep decides to be in. Jordan Peele directing a horror flick released in Feburary I wouldn't call Oscar bait.

And I very well get Peele's Obama third term spill. I just think it's becoming increasingly lazy definition of a racist. When you start casting a wide blanket over everyone being racist you don't find the real racists. Remarks like that while being not well realized are not kkk racists as long as racist actions/thoughts are not taking along with those. I'm sure I've stuck my foot in my mouth around some brothers I hope they wouldn't be running around calling me racists, because I'm not.

WARNING: "Get Out Spoilers" spoilers below
My whole point is I feel like the race issue was an unnecessary crutch for the movie. It comes off as preachy to me. At the end of the movie there is a character that basically admits that his race doesn't matter. The actress admitted her character is a white supremacists, so why would they want to be in a black body? It goes against their ideology. I think it was cooler if they were just picking any young people for their talent/abilities.

Don't get me wrong, I thought the movie was really well done. I just don't care for the race thing, it hindered it in my eyes. Just my opinion, which is obviously probably the wrong one.

101 Favorite Movies (2019)

The Bib-iest of Nickels
I like Christopher Nolan. I loved Memento. I loved The Dark Knight. I really liked Interstellar and The Dark Knight Rises. I liked Insomnia, Inception, and Batman Begins. But I thought Dunkirk was boring as hell.

I just think it's becoming increasingly lazy definition of a racist. When you start casting a wide blanket over everyone being racist you don't find the real racists. Remarks like that while being not well realized are not kkk racists as long as racist actions/thoughts are not taking along with those. I'm sure I've stuck my foot in my mouth around some brothers I hope they wouldn't be running around calling me racists, because I'm not.
Now that I think about it, racist is a very strong term. People nowadays are using it in very menial situations.

WARNING: "Get Out Spoilers" spoilers below
My whole point is I feel like the race issue was an unnecessary crutch for the movie. It comes off as preachy to me. At the end of the movie there is a character that basically admits that his race doesn't matter. The actress admitted her character is a white supremacists, so why would they want to be in a black body? It goes against their ideology. I think it was cooler if they were just picking any young people for their talent/abilities.

Don't get me wrong, I thought the movie was really well done. I just don't care for the race thing, it hindered it in my eyes. Just my opinion, which is obviously probably the wrong one.
Interesting perspective, thanks for the response.

You can't win an argument just by being right!
Now that I think about it, racist is a very strong term. People nowadays are using it in very menial situations.

Interesting perspective, thanks for the response.
The word is flung about with such utter abandon the whole meaning has been diluted.

LOVED this movie! Saw it twice at the weekend. Didn’t know who the director was, but the movie reminded me of “Dogtooth”. Come to find out it’s the same director. So clever & weird. @cat_sidhe, you better tell me you liked this movie darlin’.

How beautiful Ireland is. I looked up the rates for that beautiful hotel & they were very reasonable.

One of my favorite lines from The Lobster was I always swallow after fellatio. Now there’s a movie line.

Watched this today, not bad, good performances but overall a bit thin I thought. It was obviously bigger news in the USA than it was here. 6/10.
There are some good performances but I don't like the way the screenplay paints Tonya as a saint and a misunderstood victim and I just don't buy that.

You ready? You look ready.

Man, this movie is brutal (violence wise). I was expecting to like Shot Caller (2017) better than Brawl in Cellblock 99 (2017), and from an acting/production stand point, Shot Caller is the better movie, but hell, the brutal pulpiness of Brawl in Cellblock 99 completely won me over. Vince Vaughn's acting is a little stiff, but I think it fits his character. I was a big fan of Bone Tomahawk (2015), and am looking forward to S. Craig Zahler's next movie, Dragged Across Concrete.

RATING:
QFT

So brutal
"This is that human freedom, which all boast that they possess, and which consists solely in the fact, that men are conscious of their own desire, but are ignorant of the causes whereby that desire has been determined." -Baruch Spinoza

American Made (2017)

+

Another "based on a true story" movie in the tradition of The Infiltrator, Blow, and many more set during the 70's or 80's. I'm a sucker for these movies even if hardly any of them live up to their potential. Tom Cruise is a TWA pilot who of course gets involved with the wrong people. I liked Cruise in this, but the supporting cast is mediocre with nobody else making any type of mark. For the majority of the movie, the tone wasn't dark enough. I enjoyed it a good amount even if I didn't think it was that good.

Last Flag Flying (2017)

-

I'm pretty much all over the place with Director Richard Linklater. I love Dazed and Confused, Boyhood, and Everybody Wants Some!!, hate Before Sunrise and Waking Life, and am somewhere in the middle with A Scanner Darkly, School of Rock, and now this. This was a nice movie but I don't see how anything about it stands out. Every single thing about it is just decent. I understand why it's called an "unofficial sequel" to The Last Detail, but I will always think of them as stand alone movies. That is, if I even remember that this movie exists.

Hellloooo Cindy - Scary Movie (2000)
Femme Fatale (2002)

Not sure what to make of this seemingly erotic thriller from the erotic thriller maestro Brian De Palma. Starring a deadly gorgeous Rebecca Romijn of X-Men Mystique fame. Simply put its an odd mash of genres. Comparable elements from De Palmas own mission impossible precede a second third reminiscence of the superior Basic Instinct. The head scratching final is......surreal. I am a De Palma fan and this movie is worth seeing if you are a fan as this feels like De Palma however its suspense and intrigue lead to very little. Pleasant enough film to watch once but not something I would revisit

3/5

Edit; I often get Paul Verhoeven and De De Palma confused. The erotic thriller maestro award goes to Verhoeven rather than De Palma.