Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

This might just do nobody any good.
Fargo; Season 3 (2017) -
best season yet and not just because of.....

Winstead!!!

Although she was brilliant, the star of the show for me, was David Thewlis. What an amazing performance.
That’s probably my most slept-upon show from last year. I think Hawley talked about there being mental trauma in finding out how it is that our world and systems can be twisted, cheated on and the closing scene to with Gloria and Varga perfectly encapsulated that for me. It’s the very same waiting game we’ve become locked in.

It’s as perfect an ending as Burn After Reading’s “What did we learn?”

I won't dance. Don't ask me...
Based on a classic bestselling novel. Never heard of it. Now to read the novel first which will ruin the film or forgo it?
I watched movie first and then read the novel, what is not like me. I prefer to read book before watching adaptation, but this time I've done conversely (randomly). I would say the order does not matter in this case
Yeah, I know - I helped

Unregistered User
That’s probably my most slept-upon show from last year. I think Hawley talked about there being mental trauma in finding out how it is that our world and systems can be twisted, cheated on and the closing scene to with Gloria and Varga perfectly encapsulated that for me. It’s the very same waiting game we’ve become locked in.

It’s as perfect an ending as Burn After Reading’s “What did we learn?”

Very true Saunch. Varga knew how to play the game and the system. I never related to Burn After Reading but that's a great comparison.

Part of the fun, for me, is figuring out how each season is Frankenstein-ed from Coen Bros. movies. Until right at the end I missed how Ray and Nikki were really H.I. and Ed from Rasing Arizona.

I’m eager to revisit it. I’d been thinking about how the show leans into predator/prey dynamics and how S3 made that more abstract by having, not really V.M., but the very concept of corporations and entities against individuals be the comparison.

And I’m still waiting for the opportunity to use the term “psychic Drain-O” in an actual conversation.

Fargo; Season 3 (2017) -

Winstead!!!

Although she was brilliant, the star of the show for me, was David Thewlis. What an amazing performance.
I agree. For me, his character V.M. Varga and its portrayal was the best part of the 3rd season. He has the ability to be threatening in an offbeat way, and had the same chilling assertiveness as did Billy Bob Thornton's Lorne Malvo in the first season.

It's safe to say that Thewlis will get a lot of good parts owing to his excellent work in Fargo.

~Doc

Fargo; Season 3 (2017) -

Winstead!!!

I need to give season 3 another chance. I gave up on it. I loved the first season, the second a little less, and by the time the third came around, I lost interest. But that could have been because I wasn't in the mood for it (this is another example of why I usually wait with certain things).

Kimi no na wa. 3/10

This film makes me angry. Its so shallow and manipulative. Im sad people are hailing this as some artistic achievement and masterpiece.

The soundtrack alone is already a masterpiece, not mentioning all the other brilliant things about this movie.

I’m kind of leaning towards Carrie Coon giving the best performance in season 3 of Fargo, though Thewlis owned it in the bit where he talks to McGregor about true wealth, invisibility and the fragile balance of our systems.

Unregistered User
I need to give season 3 another chance. I gave up on it. I loved the first season, the second a little less, and by the time the third came around, I lost interest. But that could have been because I wasn't in the mood for it (this is another example of why I usually wait with certain things).

I definitely would Cat. I can see you loving it, especially if you loved the first. In order I have it Season 3, 1 then 2.

I definitely would Cat. I can see you loving it, especially if you loved the first. In order I have it Season 3, 1 then 2.
My boyfriend also said the 3rd was the best. We watch the good stuff together, and I couldn't figure out what mood I was in, so I said sure, let's do that...but I zoned out pretty fast. Gave up after 4 episodes. But I did say I'd get back to it.

Unregistered User
I’m kind of leaning towards Carrie Coon giving the best performance in season 3 of Fargo, though Thewlis owned it in the bit where he talks to McGregor about true wealth, invisibility and the fragile balance of our systems.

She was great, although I'll still lean to Thewlis. The way he delivered some of those lines was nothing short of sublime. Also, anyone having to play a character with those teeth, deserves all the accolades he can get!

Special note also goes out to the scene with Varga talking about Sy's wife and the pastrami sandwhich.

One of my favorite things about S3 is the implication that, somewhere in the bowling alley, Llewyn Davis is spending eternity as a cat.

Biggest regret about S3: fixing myself a cup of coffee just as Sy has his... well, y’know.

Kimi no na wa. 3/10

This film makes me angry. Its so shallow and manipulative. Im sad people are hailing this as some artistic achievement and masterpiece.

The soundtrack alone is already a masterpiece, not mentioning all the other brilliant things about this movie.
Soundtrack is annoying to me but its not my kinda music, I still feel comfortable saying its pretty run of the mill. Still I don't see how you can see the characters as great, theyre very bland and under developed. The story took in more than it could chew, even the director called it unfinished. The film introduces interesting ideas but doesnt properly explore them, instead it rushes through much of the body swapping while it slow burns in far less interesting sections. It throws in a lot of stuff that was so barely touched upon it feels like it couldve been left out (the girl and her relationship with her father the mayor, the boy and his relationship with his co worker). As for the animation the backgrounds look nice but the character designs and animation are very flat.

You can't win an argument just by being right!

Another first watch.

Rambo is a wizard who can escape unscathed from any possible Baysplosion.
Rambo's crossbow magically sounds like bullets being fired.
Female soldiers in the jungle always carry their makeup to look perfect even under subdued lighting.
Good to see the 70-80s whiteknighting gone horribly wrong still alive and Richard Crenna still a colonel.
Shirts off most of the time makes the Rambo franchise the battle of the bulge for young wannabee rambos to make friends with a friendly russian veterinaran

Bring on Rambo 3.

Can anyone imagine First Blood as the Dustin Hoffman starring Mike Nichols film it was once suppose to be?

You can't win an argument just by being right!
Can anyone imagine First Blood as the Dustin Hoffman starring Mike Nichols film it was once suppose to be?
Eh wharrrt? Dustin with muscles? Now this I have just got to see.

One of my favorite things about S3 is the implication that, somewhere in the bowling alley, Llewyn Davis is spending eternity as a cat.
Well in that case, it may have to be my next watch.

Eh wharrrt? Dustin with muscles? Now this I have just got to see.

Dustin was actually very fit in his younger novie years. Totally shredded in Tootsie. Short fella but fit