2017 Mofo Film Awards - The Nominations

Tools    

What your actual name

yep and I hate it

You can't win an argument just by being right!
Thanks for posting that, hadn't seen it before. I just seen the last film on that list, THE ZOOKEEPER'S WIFE. Pretty decent film.
I want to see that.

I think I've seen 15 or so from that list.

I never could get the hang of Thursdays.
Well if Ethel and Ernest is eligible this year despite coming out in around October 2016, I'll vote for that for best animated film. Again.

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
For those wondering, I added Best Foreign Film a week ago.

As for technical awards, they haven't been part of this in the past because I felt like it would be too much like the Oscars. We did have Best/Worst movie poster, but took it out because people thought there were "too many categories". Since then we've added a few categories so that might be a moot point.

Suspect's Reviews

Welcome to the human race...
Yeah, I figured as much about the technical categories - after all, you don't want this to feel like too much of a chore for people.

New 'Signa.' (Taking the 'Campaign Trail' to the next level.)

I hope we garner your vote. 🍑 ❤
Vice President
358 Exchange Place New York, N.Y. 10099 FAX 212 555 6390 TELEX : () 4534

Survivor 5s #2 Bitch
I don't know if this is just me, but anyway

I adored Call Me By Your Name. One of the best and most authentic love stories I've seen in a long time. I wouldn't put it up there with In the Mood For Love and as for gay romances, I think I slightly prefer Carol and Blue is the Warmest Colour. Loved Timothee Chalamet, and Michael Stuhlbarg. But good god, I loathed Armie Hammer's character for a good portion of the film. I don't know if it's due to how the character was written, or if it's Hammer's performance, but he comes across as an arrogant prick in several parts and I struggled to like his character. I mean, I did when they were together, and seeing his bum was peachy. But before and after... I wasn't buying it.

Survivor 5s #2 Bitch
Just watched Mother! for this and thought it was pretty average to be honest. Almost too heavy handed in what it was trying to say I felt. I adored seeing Michelle Pfeiffer back at it again though

Pun intended?

The more I think about it, the more I want to call it my favorite film of last year. It's incredible and spellbinding, and I really came to care for all the characters and their experiences.

Survivor 5s #2 Bitch
What did you think it was trying to say?
That basically mankind is terrible and ruins everything I thought some parts of it were clever though I.e. it's take on consuming the body and blood of Christ.

Welcome to the human race...
Suggesting Dawson City: Frozen Time and I Am Not Your Negro for Documentary so be sure to check those out if you get the chance.