Films you wish had a part two

Tools    

This is my first thread, I hope I did it right. If this topic was done already, sorry!

Question....what film do you wish there was (will be) a part 2? Perhaps too late for a follow up?

(imo)... The Color of Money.

Jon

This is my first thread, I hope I did it right. If this topic was done already, sorry!

Question....what film do you wish there was (will be) a part 2? Perhaps too late for a follow up?

Jon
I always say Dredd and that still stands. There are certainly films where I think oh what if they did a sequel now – what would have happened to these characters? And then I think no, leave it, don't spoil it.

Dredd

Originally Posted by Iroquois
To be fair, you have to have a fairly high IQ to understand MovieForums.com.

Make a better place

The Fall 2006, because it's the only movie of it's kind (at least that I know of)
And because it's really a good one

Welcome to the human race...
The Thing (I say this with the understanding that the original is perfect as is, but it's interesting to imagine this getting a proper sequel and not just something like the videogame)

(also The Nice Guys)

GWTW

Transfor- oh.

The Bib-iest of Nickels

I actually JUST did a video about this exact subject, I went with The Nice Guys, ****in' love that film.

I am the Watcher in the Night
The Grand Budapest Hotel comes to mind, not that it NEEDS a sequel but I liked the original so much, it would be nice to catch up with the hotel, some of the characters and maybe introduce some new ones. All made in the same style with the same crew returning.

"I need your clothes, your boots and your motorcycle"

Nice to see people mentioning Dredd.

You are aware that The Color Of Money was a sequel in its own right?
It's part 2 to The Hustler (1961).

Both were based on Walter Tevis' books centred around Fast Eddie Felson.

The Thing (I say this with the understanding that the original is perfect as is, but it's interesting to imagine this getting a proper sequel and not just something like the videogame)

(also The Nice Guys)

I reckon a proper prequel based at the Norwegian camp would be better. With full Norwegian actors and subtitles...

... and not some CGI laden remake that pretends to be a prequel, with characters who all speak English, which also retcons the story.

I reckon a proper prequel based at the Norwegian camp would be better. With full Norwegian actors and subtitles...

... and not some CGI laden remake that pretends to be a prequel, with characters who all speak English, which also retcons the story.
I still wonder how much truth there was to the makers' claims that they had originally used practical effects and were made to use CGI instead. I guess it doesn't matter now, though.

Someone on Twitter floated the idea of a Thing sequel where...

WARNING: "The Thing" spoilers below
the Thing escaped Antarctica and was halfway through infecting the rest of the world. It could make for a decent spin on the usual zombie apocalypse stories about checking for infection and whatnot, plus the concept of a world where Things were commonplace sounds like it has some potential.

I've seen the footage of The Thing's practical effects tbh and it looked awesome.

Along with the half-finished CGI, my other major gripe though was the story.
They basically had a couple scenes that explained the two-headed Thing, and the guy who cut his wrists... but the rest of the stuff they included as part of the continuity, actually retconned the story.

In the prequel, the characters never use Thermite to uncover the ship, instead it tried to take off... in the prequel there were English speakers.

Also... the original Thing, it was a hider and would only attack when there was no other choice... like, the blood test scene or when it was put in the kennel and it knew the dogs were going to freak out... so... it exploded... it had no other choice but to fight and try to get away.
The only other time it would attack was when it was alone in close proximity to another living creature so it could assimilate them in private... like it did to Bennings.
In the prequel, the creature was just a slasher monster that attacked wantonly and randomly...

Awful movie on every level.

Lady Bird. I mean probably not but I felt like I needed more when it ended. Maybe thats the sign of a good film? Because Im guessing Lady Bird II: Graduate School would probably suck.

And one Ive always wanted more of also is Ferris Bueller's Day Off. Seems like Ferris Bueller's Day Off II could be about him playing hooky from work or something. Also in that same vein, Fast Times at Ridgemont High and Goonies.

Oh! Also District 9.

I've seen the footage of The Thing's practical effects tbh and it looked awesome.

Along with the half-finished CGI, my other major gripe though was the story.
They basically had a couple scenes that explained the two-headed Thing, and the guy who cut his wrists... but the rest of the stuff they included as part of the continuity, actually retconned the story.

In the prequel, the characters never use Thermite to uncover the ship, instead it tried to take off... in the prequel there were English speakers.

Also... the original Thing, it was a hider and would only attack when there was no other choice... like, the blood test scene or when it was put in the kennel and it knew the dogs were going to freak out... so... it exploded... it had no other choice but to fight and try to get away.
The only other time it would attack was when it was alone in close proximity to another living creature so it could assimilate them in private... like it did to Bennings.
In the prequel, the creature was just a slasher monster that attacked wantonly and randomly...

Awful movie on every level.
You mean this video?

I have to admit that this is making me want to re-watch it now, but I'm not about to make it a priority or anything.

'Blue Valentine.'

I'd love to know what happened to them. That film permanently broke my heart and it needs mending. But on the other hand I don't want it to spoil such an awesome movie.

Jon
The Color of Money was already a sequel to The Hustler.

COM is a excellent movie, but I'd strongly recommend watching The Hustler if you haven't already.

The Hustler is a cinematic masterpiece.