Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

I hate the whole imagining things and is this person real type of stuff. I also didn't think the leading lady gave a very good performance.
It would be fairly hard to make a 90 minute movie out of this situation if that didn't happen though.

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
I haven't seen the film, although it's generally thought to be awful. But what tickles me is that the film which I did see, about the making of The Room, The Disaster Artist, is itself dreadful, save for its technical merit. Yet it's considered by many to be wonderful..

Will it be long before film makers catch on to this road to success? Simply make an inexpensive turkey, than make a film ABOUT making the rotten movie, and the critics will love it! What a pertinent way to assist the current film industry's slide into the muck. Surely we'll see more of this..

~Doc
I wait for the day when everyone loves a movie because it's full of TALENT.

It would be fairly hard to make a 90 minute movie out of this situation if that didn't happen though.
You could always have the dog chew on her crotch for 70 minutes. I would watch that.

"Honor is not in the Weapon. It is in the Man"

Showdown in Manila: The directorial debut of Mark Dacascos (90's action star turned Iron Chef America chairman), this is a fun throwback to the 90's B-movie action film which stars Alexander Nevsky and Casper Van Dien as two detectives tasked with seeking a warlord called The Wraith on behalf of a woman (Tia Carrere) whose husband (Dacascos) was killed by the Wraith. Nevsky's character seeks revenge on the Wraith for a mission in which he almost was killed by him and his team. When the duo discover where he is hiding, Nevsky gets some allies in the form of 90's action stars Don "The Dragon" Wilson, Cynthia Rothrock, and Olivier Gruner on an all-out war in the jungle. Short fights, light comedy, but a fun 90's throwback IMO. I also interviewed Alexander Nevsky about the film...this is the second time I've talked with him...great guy!

Final Rating: C+

Mom and Dad: From Brian Taylor, who is known for his collaborations with Mark Neveldine (Crank, Ghost Rider 2), comes this tale that is reminiscent of The Purge: a worldwide mass hysteria that lasts 24 hours causes parents to go postal and violent on their own kids. Nicolas Cage (in one of his craziest roles IMO) and Selma Blair (who IMO goes against type) are great as the titular Mom and Dad with Anne Winters being a future scream queen as their daughter. I did interview Anne Winters about the film, about how much fun she had making the film.

Final Rating: A-

Watched this one the other night, which was recommend to me by @cricket...thanks bro!

I'd never even heard of this movie, which is odd as it's a fun watch...and has lots of big name stars in it. Patrick Dempsey is a college kid who's partying too hard and so dad stops paying his tuition...forcing him to get a job at this Mexican themed pizza place, Senor Pizza.

Somehow he meets a beautiful rich woman who wants a one night stand and she pays him $200.00 which he saves so he can get back to college and his girlfriend...

So then the funny thing is all these hot babes are calling the pizza place asking for him to special deliver a pizza with extra anchovies, which is the code word...Sounds fishy but he end's up become a gigaloo, which reminded me of Deuce Bigalow: Male Gigolo (1999) another funny flick.

So back to the babes, there's lots of them! A young Kirstie Alley, and Barbara Carrera and Kate Jackson is his mom. I was keen on seeing this for Carrie Fischer, who has a smaller part but it was great to see her, and she's funny in this too. A fun watch, sort of like a time machine back to 1989.

Attachments
Click image for larger version

Name:	Loverboy 1989.jpg
Views:	565
Size:	219.1 KB
ID:	40410  

This is England (2007) -

Cop Land (1997) -

Rain Man (1988) -

Rogue (2007) -

The Magdalene Sisters (Peter Mullan, 2002)

One can only hope justice was served eventually

You can't win an argument just by being right!
One of the worst films I watched last year.
Yep, I cant argue with that, Samo!

I, TONYA
(2017)

The rags-to-riches-to-rags tragic and often funny true story of disgraced U.S. figure skating champion Tonya Harding, played remarkably by Margot Robbie.
The movie follows Tonya from the time she was a skating sensation at the very young age of 4 all the way through her professional skating years, her violent and troubled marriage to Jeff Gillooly, played by Sebastian Stan, to the whole Nancy Kerrigan incident that ultimately ended her career.

The one notable performance in the film, aside from Robbie's, belongs to Allison Janney who plays Tonya's abusive and extremely vulgar and heartless mother. And what I found entertaining about the movie is it's soundtrack and the directing style of Craig Gillespie where he constantly inserts scenes where the characters break the fourth wall.

“Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place and I don't care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't about how hard ya hit. It's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. How much you can take and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!” ~ Rocky Balboa

The one notable performance in the film, aside from Robbie's, belongs to Allison Janney who plays Tonya's abusive and extremely vulgar and heartless mother. And what I found entertaining about the movie is it's soundtrack and the directing style of Craig Gillespie where he constantly inserts scenes where the characters break the fourth wall.

Good review, mojo. I'm ready for a rewatch.

I dont know if I've seen Allison in anything else but she was amazing! Really mde me empathise with Tonya. What a damaged, toxic woman.

Good review, mojo. I'm ready for a rewatch.

I dont know if I've seen Allison in anything else but she was amazing! Really mde me empathise with Tonya. What a damaged, toxic woman.
Thanks!
If you look at Janney's filmography, you'll see that she has been in numerous films, some of which are really big movies. The one performance I remember her from is American Beauty where she plays Colonel Fitt's catatonic wife, Lester's neighbors and the parents of Ricky.

She won the Best Supporting Actress award at the Golden Globes for her performance in I, Tonya last week and I can see why. She steals every scene she's in, and boy is her character brutal.

It's always the damaged toxic people that make for a highly entertaining movie. The way the director made this movie, you'll feel good and bad for Tonya at the same time; you'll laugh and cry at how her life ended up when there was so much promise. Tragic tale with a twist sort of thing.

Thanks!
If you look at Janney's filmography, you'll see that she has been in numerous films, some of which are really big movies. The one performance I remember her from is American Beauty where she plays Colonel Fitt's catatonic wife, Lester's neighbors and the parents of Ricky.

She won the Best Supporting Actress award at the Golden Globes for her performance in I, Tonya last week and I can see why. She steals every scene she's in, and boy is her character brutal.

It's always the damaged toxic people that make for a highly entertaining movie. The way the director made this movie, you'll feel good and bad for Tonya at the same time; you'll laugh and cry at how her life ended up when there was so much promise. Tragic tale with a twist sort of thing.
Bit of a chameleon, isnt she!

She made me really uncomfortable, and I'm not so precious that it was her filthy language. It was her desperate need to control and yes, I did feel happy and sad for Tonya at the same time because of her. Goes to show how easy it is to screw up kids.

I saw someone complain about this movie saying why do they make movies about losers rather than winners. Because we all have strains of human frailty and it makes us relate.

I felt so bad when I saw an open letter to the public from Tonya and her last line was that she wasnt a bad mother - something like that. It was like a kick in the stomach. Obviously I dont know if she did or didnt do it but I came away from that movie wanting her to finally be happy. That look on Margot's face when she's forcing the winner smile is so tragic.

I saw someone complain about this movie saying why do they make movies about losers rather than winners.
Wow. That made me roll my eyes a bit.

Wow. That made me roll my eyes a bit.
This will make you roll your eyes even further, Swany - she hasnt even seen the movie. No surprises, right!

“I was cured, all right!”

The best band ever, of course they can make a film!
And of course it's awesome from first to last.

"Comfortably numb", "Another brick in the Wall" and "The Trial" are my favorites parts. It's a shame that "Hey You" wasn't in the movie but well...

I'm very happy to look to my tickets everytime I open my closet, I'm going to see Roger Waters in october (God, is so far...), already sold off!

The best band ever, of course they can make a film!
And of course it's awesome from first to last.

"Comfortably numb", "Another brick in the Wall" and "The Trial" are my favorites parts. It's a shame that "Hey You" wasn't in the movie but well...

I'm very happy to look to my tickets everytime I open my closet, I'm going to see Roger Waters in october (God, is so far...), already sold off!
That's great - I saw Roger 3x - went to some long distances... Dark Side twice, and The Wall.... ELO is touring around that time, too.

Let me know what you think?

I, Tonya - 7.5/10

Even though I saw the "30 for 30" ESPN documentary, and liked it, I didn't think to watch this movie until I saw all the positive feedback here. Very enjoyable movie, well made. Some funny stuff - "Death threat's off!" (LOL)..

Doesn't hurt to have the best songs of the 70's either!

P.S. - While I was watching it, I was reminded of "To Die For" (Nicole Kidman) and just saw it was from the director of "Lars and the Real Girl" - also a good movie.