President Trump

Tools    

In other words, there's a difference between prioritizing certain issues (reasonable) and carrying water for someone on every issue because of those issues.

Put another way: if you think something is a necessary evil, you should still be able to say it's evil.

I apologize, I shouldn't post in this thread.

What if you say something negative about not all and not one, but some?
I suppose it depends on which "some" they are. All I know is Im guilty of thinking negative thoughts about every single black member of the New England Patriots. I hope you all lose! Does that make me racist? Or just that I hate the Patriots?

I suppose it depends on which "some" they are. All I know is Im guilty of thinking negative thoughts about every single black member of the New England Patriots. I hope you all lose! Does that make me racist? Or just that I hate the Patriots?
Do you also think negatively about the white members of the Patriots? (Do they have any white members? I wouldn't know as I don't follow professional sports - I'm kind of a "sportsist.")

If you hate all the Patriots, then you'd be anti-Patriots, but if you only think negatively about their black members, but not their white members, then you might be racist.

I find the media's reactions to Trump far more interesting than anything Trump does or says himself.

To wit: CNN went from first reporting "s-hole" (showing text that way and pronouncing "ess-hole") two days ago, to saying and even printing the whole word on screen and on air as of yesterday - a word which even gets replaced with asterisks on this site.

I can't prove this, but it seems like they lowered their own standards (and perhaps those dictated by the FCC as well) regarding what they will say and print on air because they felt repeating the actual curse word over and over, and writing it out in their onscreen tag lines for all to see would help make Trump look worse the more they used it (otherwise I see no reason to go from "s-hole" to the actual word since everyone knows what the abbreviated version stood for).

It seemed an obvious effort to attempt to mentally condition the public that's watching via repetition & association: where the more they used the technique of audio & visual imprinting (putting the full word up as text while both verbally and visually attributing it to Trump & placing the four-letter words next to Trump's name & photo), the more they hoped that people would take the accusation that Trump used these precise words in the context that CNN continued to place them with 24/7 coverage, analysis & speculation as fact.

And where the more they used it, the more they attempted to reinforce their continued effort to repeat that Trump is a reprehensible, xenophobic, racist, white-supremacist Nazi due to curse words he might have used (gearing, once again, toward an effort to impeach him - as so many of their "reporters," "consultants," and Congressional guests continue to call for.)

Hey, this whole thread was perfectly fine until that statement.

Ha ha. Im just bitter that the Jaguars are now the only thing separating the Patriots from yet another Super Bowl. Was hoping the dangerous and cold weather friendly Steelers would come into Foxborough and give them all they can handle.

Ha ha. Im just bitter that the Jaguars are now the only thing separating the Patriots from yet another Super Bowl. Was hoping the dangerous and cold weather friendly Steelers would come into Foxborough and give them all they can handle.
At least from listening to the radio, a lot of the talking heads were more concerned with the Jags due to how they match up and their physicality. I was more concerned with Pitt.

*Sigh* Sports-people. They're all the same. Everyone knows what their kind are like. Don't get me wrong, some of my best friends are into sports - but you know the kind I'm talking about, the really uppity ones always making noise, always acting like the world is their personal stadium? Don't know what we're gonna have to do with THOSE people.

Please, the appointment is absurd. Why are you pretending thats not the case exactly? And it would be as equally absurd if it was a white person with the exact same qualifications as Carson, just not as insidiously racist. Please let me know why you think Ben Carson is the person best qualified to lead the department of housing and urban development exactly. Hes a surgeon. He has ZERO experience in housing and urban development. There are literally THOUSANDS of people much more qualified then him for that position. But Trump appointed him so he could have a shield against calls of racism when his nominee goes about dismantling programs designed to help people in inner cities with affordable housing. And you are using him here as a shield as well against calls of racism when we both very well know he's not in the least qualified for the post. Why didnt Trump appoint him head of health and human services? Again, HES A SURGEON. If it was simply about qualifications then wouldnt that have made much more sense? Whats truly sad is if Obama had appointed an actual QUALIFIED black person to this post you would be saying the opposite of what you are saying now.
I'm not going to argue that it's the best appointment- however I think when liberals use the word token black it is rather racist and dismissive of why Carson got the appointment. The early endorsement of Trump was more of a reason than he's simply black.

Certianly there were more qualified supreme court nominations than Obama's Sonia Sotomayor and Elena Kagan. However I do think calling token women and minority judges is condescending and dismissive of there accomplishments

If someone wants to make the case that a couple of major issues transcend all the other problems, that's not unreasonable. But they should be clearheaded about that reasoning, and they should be willing to simply say it. Instead, what we often get is "I prefer him on these major issues, so I'm going to pretend everything else is fine." Or, just as often "I prefer him on these major issues, so I'm going to be conspicuously silent about everything else."

The principled thing to do is simply support the things you support, and condemn the things worth condemning, without concerning yourself much with whether or not it happens to align with people you aren't really on the same "side" as.
I'm very conflicted on abortion- one of the few issues I truly see and for the most hard comprehend both sides.

However If I was truly pro-life and was whole heartedly convinced that babies are being murdered every day. Then I would be a one issue voter

Trump did not simply deny it, as you say. He just says he didn't use those precise words, and even otherwise concedes that he talked "tough." So right off the bat, he's pretty much admitting he said something similar, and might be hiding behind a meaningless technicality, like the quote being almost identical but not technically verbatim.
Related:

I'm very conflicted on abortion- one of the few issues I truly see and for the most hard comprehend both sides.

However If I was truly pro-life and was whole heartedly convinced that babies are being murdered every day. Then I would be a one issue voter
Might be the only issue I have no conflict on.

Lol, Bannon is going to prison now.
http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-42715185
Vice President
358 Exchange Place New York, N.Y. 10099 FAX 212 555 6390 TELEX : () 4534