President Trump

Tools    

All good people are asleep and dreaming.
Nice Mark, but us mere humans need a condensed list.

The Shape of Water looks interesting, I may watch it tomorrow.

Of course he's racist. Why so much denial and hair splitting tonight! He has a multi decade history of making racist comments. He actively red lined blacks and Hispanics out of his housing developments in Queens and when confronted with it by authorities basically used the argument well everyone is doing it. My people just don’t want to live with those kinds of people. I would be at a business disadvantage if I didn’t discriminate. That’s not racist? Its ok because its just a business strategy? He has openly said jews are good with money so he hires them to be his accountants and when he found that there were some black people in his accounting department he was “shocked” because he didn’t think blacks could do well with math or be trusted with money. He has even said, “laziness is a trait in blacks. It really is; I believe that. It’s not anything they can control.” And that’s an exact quote! So please explain to me how that statement could be construed in any other way but racist. Or is that just more "calling it like it is"? Nonsense... Is he a Nazi? No. Is he ruled by his racism? No. He'll happily engage with black people if it benefits him. Hes just a petty small minded run of the mill racist who happens to be president.
If he had to decide between throwing one of two people off the Brooklyn bridge. Me a white, middle class, mostly Republican voting middle aged man from GA or a black millionaire, same age but a Democrat voting real estate mogul. Who would he choose? Me 100% of the time.

He is an elitist. He cares about people who have influence and money. The Apprentice wasn't an act. He doesn't care if you are black, a woman, or gay. As long as you fit his very miniscule idea of what a successful human should look like.

His immigration policy is dismissive of poor people. He will take al the doctors and engineers you got and stomp on the head of the people that have to crawl through the mud to get here.

Is Africa not a sh*thole?
No its not. But please feel free to prove me wrong about ALL 54 countries in Africa. Shouldn’t take too long to point out how each and every one are blighted ruined dead zones void of culture or any semblance of value. And the bottom line is saying “we don’t want any Africans coming here” is racist by definition no matter how you feel about all the various countries (and ignorant of course. Does he not know how immigration works or that Africa has many different countries in it? Why does he think all Nigerians live in “huts”?). You make the case yourself by pointing out that there are plenty of majority white countries that have systemic issues but he doesn’t mention one of them. Again, why exactly?

If Trump is truly a bonafide racist why did Ben Carson for Secretary of Housing and Urban Development? Or Elaine Chao for Secretary of Transportation? Or deisgnated Ajit Varadaraj Pai as chairman of the FCC?
You must have missed the part where I said “he'll happily engage with black people if it benefits him.” You do realize its possible to be racist without being a KKK Grand Wizard right? Having a useless toadie like Ben Carson as the token black in his administration not only provides him with a convenient excuse for him to say “see Im not racist. I let one black in here”, but it reinforces his notion that blacks are inferior because he IS the only one (and he only got the position as a trinket reward because he bowed and scraped to him during the campaign). And by the way, what qualifies a renowned surgeon to head a department dealing with housing exactly? Could it be because Trump assumes housing projects are full of “those people” that we spend way too much money on? And that putting a boob like Carsen in charge is tantamount to dismantling it from the inside like hes done with at least half a dozen other departments? That’s not racist at all…

Source of him saying this?
Wait, are you denying that he discriminated against blacks or just disputing his reasoning for doing it? Because the evidence showing he did so is a matter of legal fact and is all over the net. And if you are just disputing his reasoning for discriminating then what reason to discriminate would be acceptable to you exactly? It seems to me giving him the benefit of the doubt that its more about business than racial hatred is being generous to him! So not sure where you are going with that question or how it helps your point at all. And for the record he said in one of the debates in response to a comment about his real estate company alone being sued: “we, along with many, many other companies throughout the country […] were sued”.

No it's not. It's an exact quote from O’Donnell's book and is unconfirmed, O'Donnell was a disgruntled employee, who else has corrobarated these claims?
One DONALD J. TRUMP has when he told Playboy in a 1997 interview “The stuff O’Donnell wrote about me is probably true”. Of course when it was convenient for him later he denied it. JUST like he was smug about and then denied ever saying anything about African countries being **** holes. No pattern there at all…

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
Trump mentions how silly it is to lower taxes on the highest to 25%, because it lowers incentive to invest, and mentions the reason why the stock is high, since there's no where else to invest... Trump also talks about how awful Reagan's tax reform is bad -- and now...

You must have missed the part where I said “he'll happily engage with black people if it benefits him.” You do realize its possible to be racist without being a KKK Grand Wizard right? Having a useless toadie like Ben Carson as the token black in his administration not only provides him with a convenient excuse for him to say “see Im not racist.
It's also possible to say things negative things about black people without being racist. You know, like you just did.

If he had to decide between throwing one of two people off the Brooklyn bridge. Me a white, middle class, mostly Republican voting middle aged man from GA or a black millionaire, same age but a Democrat voting real estate mogul. Who would he choose? Me 100% of the time.

He is an elitist. He cares about people who have influence and money. The Apprentice wasn't an act. He doesn't care if you are black, a woman, or gay. As long as you fit his very miniscule idea of what a successful human should look like.

His immigration policy is dismissive of poor people. He will take al the doctors and engineers you got and stomp on the head of the people that have to crawl through the mud to get here.
I think you can certainly make the argument he doesnt think much of poor people OR black people but the notion that its only about class to him is fairly preposterous. Theres a long long long list of statements hes made and actions hes taken that reek of racism. The fact that his policies and proposals benefit any rich black real estate moguls isnt about them being black. Its about him being a rich real estate mogul.

It's also possible to say things negative things about black people without being racist. You know, like you just did.
Incorrect. Its possible to say something negative about A black person. Saying negative things about all "black people" is defnitionally racist.

You must have missed the part where I said “he'll happily engage with black people if it benefits him.” You do realize its possible to be racist without being a KKK Grand Wizard right? Having a useless toadie like Ben Carson as the token black in his administration not only provides him with a convenient excuse for him to say “see Im not racist. I let one black in here”,
Ahhh so Ben Carson only got the job because he's black has nothing to do with several political and business accomplishments. If I may dare say myself that sounds a bit... racist

The fact that his policies and proposals benefit any rich black real estate moguls isnt about them being black. Its about him being a rich real estate mogul.
This statement shows you get it but then your next shows you probably don't. No matter, the class warfare that Washington has been engaging in the last 10 years will rage on.

I hate defending this guy but it's so frustrating to me that people are combating him in such a wrong and ineffective way. He cares about power and money and doesn't give a damn what color anyone is. Watched him talk for too many years to too many different kinds of people to be convinced otherwise. He thinks if you are poor then you are lazy. Nothing else matters to him. Plain as the nose on your face.

No its not. But please feel free to prove me wrong about ALL 54 countries in Africa. Shouldn’t take too long to point out how each and every one are blighted ruined dead zones void of culture or any semblance of value.
Being a sh*t hole doesn't mean you have no cultural significance. Belarus has plenty of cultural significance but economically and politically place is a mess. Even the most developed African nation, South Africa, has a crazy amount of political issues.

And the bottom line is saying “we don’t want any Africans coming here” is racist by definition no matter how you feel about all the various countries (and ignorant of course.
Well you're ignoring the non-black Africans in Egypt or the countless of white people in SOuth Africa. Being African doesn't mean you're black

These are Africans

[quote=I. Rex;1852689Does he not know how immigration works or that Africa has many different countries in it? Why does he think all Nigerians live in “huts”?). [/QUOTE]

He doesn't think all Nigerians live in huts but in Nigeria over 100,000,000 people live on less than a $1 a day, so most are living in huts
Source

You make the case yourself by pointing out that there are plenty of majority white countries that have systemic issues but he doesn’t mention one of them. Again, why exactly?
They're not the major countries seeking refugee in the states right now. That is middle eastern and African countries. Back when it was Russians and Italians coming here these were the sh*t holes people didn't want immigrants coming from.

Ahhh so Ben Carson only got the job because he's black has nothing to do with several political and business accomplishments. If I may dare say myself that sounds a bit... racist
Yes Im glad you agree Trump is racist.

Yes Im glad you agree Trump is racist.
No- I believe you assuming someone got a job purely a "token black" and off just the color on his skin is racist. Just because Carson is black you assume he is unqualified for the job of personal merit. I think you need to do more soul searching and less projecting

No- I believe you assuming someone got a job purely a "token black" and off just the color on his skin is racist. Just because Carson is black you assume he is unqualified for the job of personal merit. I think you need to do more soul searching and less projecting
Please, the appointment is absurd. Why are you pretending thats not the case exactly? And it would be as equally absurd if it was a white person with the exact same qualifications as Carson, just not as insidiously racist. Please let me know why you think Ben Carson is the person best qualified to lead the department of housing and urban development exactly. Hes a surgeon. He has ZERO experience in housing and urban development. There are literally THOUSANDS of people much more qualified then him for that position. But Trump appointed him so he could have a shield against calls of racism when his nominee goes about dismantling programs designed to help people in inner cities with affordable housing. And you are using him here as a shield as well against calls of racism when we both very well know he's not in the least qualified for the post. Why didnt Trump appoint him head of health and human services? Again, HES A SURGEON. If it was simply about qualifications then wouldnt that have made much more sense? Whats truly sad is if Obama had appointed an actual QUALIFIED black person to this post you would be saying the opposite of what you are saying now.

Being a sh*t hole doesn't mean you have no cultural significance. Belarus has plenty of cultural significance but economically and politically place is a mess. Even the most developed African nation, South Africa, has a crazy amount of political issues.
Yeah they had a president who was in all sorts of hot water because of charges of rampant corruption and racketeering, who was widely believed to have taken part in rigging his election, who is widely believed to have been engaged in corruption favoring his businesses and fat cat friends, had members of his own administration ousted for being caught taking bribes, has a reputation for engaging in acts of intimidation against his rivals and the press, had sexual misconduct charges leveled against him that he denies, and who wantonly and rampantly defied his own constitution to engage in activities that benefited himself….

Oh wait…

Well you're ignoring the non-black Africans in Egypt or the countless of white people in SOuth Africa. Being African doesn't mean you're black
Are you really trying to make the argument that the white population of Africa, which is significantly less than 1%, magically proves that “not wanting Africans” isn’t about not wanting black people at all? Donald Trump doesn’t even know that Africa is a continent not a country. Do you really think hes aware of the complex and often terrible colonial history of places like Angola and Botswana? Of course not. He thinks Africa = Black and that conception reinforces his notion that ALL of Africa is a **** hole. And the fact that 2% here or 6% there of a couple of African countries are white is irrelevant to him and never entered into his line of reasoning when uttering his slurs against the continent.

He doesn't think all Nigerians live in huts but in Nigeria over 100,000,000 people live on less than a $1 a day, so most are living in huts
He is quoted as saying ALL 40,000 Nigerians who have come to America used to live in huts… HIS words. Not mine. He also, by the way believes that EVERY Haitian has AIDS. How do you explain that one away with a slight of the hand statistic reference exactly?

And by the way, why exactly do you think living in a hut = “**** hole”? Just because there are humans who don’t live exactly as you or I do in proper suburban houses or urban apartments doesn’t mean they are by definition inferior or that the land they live in is a horrible place to live. There are plenty of equally valid ways to live, some of which don’t require having a four car garage or even a car at all. That’s a terrible myopic cultural bias that you seem to share with Trump.

They're not the major countries seeking refugee in the states right now. That is middle eastern and African countries.
Actually more than 3 times as many immigrants come from Asia then Africa. And more come from Europe then from the middle east. So why isn’t Trump out ranting about how Asia is a **** hole then? Again, you ignore the point that he doesn’t want AFRICANS here. Impoverished boat people from some Asian jungle backwater “**** hole”? No complaints. Could it be because of his (other) racially based beliefs about Asians being smarter and harder workers? Or is that also just a big coincidence we should shrug off?

Incorrect. Its possible to say something negative about A black person. Saying negative things about all "black people" is defnitionally racist.
What if you say something negative about not all and not one, but some?

Please, the appointment is absurd. Why are you pretending thats not the case exactly? And it would be as equally absurd if it was a white person with the exact same qualifications as Carson, just not as insidiously racist. Please let me know why you think Ben Carson is the person best qualified to lead the department of housing and urban development exactly. Hes a surgeon. He has ZERO experience in housing and urban development. There are literally THOUSANDS of people much more qualified then him for that position. But Trump appointed him so he could have a shield against calls of racism when his nominee goes about dismantling programs designed to help people in inner cities with affordable housing. And you are using him here as a shield as well against calls of racism when we both very well know he's not in the least qualified for the post. Why didnt Trump appoint him head of health and human services? Again, HES A SURGEON. If it was simply about qualifications then wouldnt that have made much more sense? Whats truly sad is if Obama had appointed an actual QUALIFIED black person to this post you would be saying the opposite of what you are saying now.
I do have to say I've wondered about Dr. Carson's appointment myself. Seemed making him Surgeon General would have been a logical choice that fit his qualifications also.
P.S. I would've voted Carson over Hillary any day!

President Trump is good for America. He supports life whereas his predecessor supported death.
If someone wants to make the case that a couple of major issues transcend all the other problems, that's not unreasonable. But they should be clearheaded about that reasoning, and they should be willing to simply say it. Instead, what we often get is "I prefer him on these major issues, so I'm going to pretend everything else is fine." Or, just as often "I prefer him on these major issues, so I'm going to be conspicuously silent about everything else."

The principled thing to do is simply support the things you support, and condemn the things worth condemning, without concerning yourself much with whether or not it happens to align with people you aren't really on the same "side" as.