Have you ever seen a turkish movie before?

Tools    

Hi, I'm new to this site. I am very curious, what do you think about Turkish films? Have you watched ''Yeşilçam '' movies, so i mean old movies? I think they have huge potential. I recommend this turkish movie (Chaos Class ) , which is still popular in Turkey.

Baskin was so-so.
I saw bits of that recently and it was culturally very interesting as well as looking pretty scary.

I saw bits of that recently and it was culturally very interesting as well as looking pretty scary.
There are certainly some nice images of the grotesque in the latter stages. It's definitely worth a watch.

I haven t seen Kedi yet but it s on my list-it looks terrific I missed it in the theatre and hope it will be shown again in our local 'art' theatre, would prefer to see it on the big screen. What a unique way to look at the world, and yes, I do love cats.

"Honor is not in the Weapon. It is in the Man"
I watched an action one called The Last Warrior, starring Cuneyt Arkin, who is considered a Turkish action icon. Yes it's cheesy but fun nonetheless

Originally Posted by Iroquois
To be fair, you have to have a fairly high IQ to understand MovieForums.com.

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
I've seen these and those with * are my faves.
Kedi*
Head-On*
Mustang*
Dry Summer*
Times and Winds*
The Edge of Heaven*
Law of the Border*
Köpek
Yol
Journey of Hope
Winter Sleep
Watchtower
L'Immortelle
Baskin
Once Upon a Time in Anatolia
Three Monkeys
Climates
My Only Sunshine
Gitmek: My Marlon and Brando

I never could get the hang of Thursdays.
Head-On is one of my favourite movies.

I actually have Mustang which is a Turkish movie out on rental at the moment, I'll report back to this thread on how I liked it.

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
Hi, I'm new to this site. I am very curious, what do you think about Turkish films? Have you watched ''Yeşilçam '' movies, so i mean old movies? I think they have huge potential. I recommend this turkish movie (Chaos Class ) , which is still popular in Turkey.
Susuz Yaz (Dry Summer)

“I was cured, all right!”
I think I never watched a single film from Turkey... If I watched I can't remember right now... Definitely, I will watch Chaos Class and the * ones from mark's list. Thanks for the tips.

No!! SHAREit for Windows PC

Kedi was actually the last movie I watched, and I love how the people and the cats co-exist, and it's a great look at the city of Istanbul. I don't think I've ever seen any others, but I have had a copy of Once Upon a Time in Anatolia I've been meaning to watch for quite a while.

You can't win an argument just by being right!
I have Baskin to watch but the subtitles werent working .

I want to see Kedi but dont recall Istanbul being over run with feral cats. All the cats I came across when I was there were pets.