Crime movie from the 90s I think... any ideas?

Tools    

Hi all,
Thanks for reading my post.

Near the start of the movie I think, there is a young woman meeting a man to sell a painting in a suitcase.

She opens the case and he inspects it. He confirms the price and she says a higher price. He is shocked and she says something like "forget it" closing the case and starts to walk away.

The buyer quickly stops her and agrees to the price. She walks out with the money and returns to the art museum.

The buyer is walking away when he notices wet paint on his hand.

The young woman returns the original painting to the museum I think.

anyone know this movie?

That elusive hide-and-seek cow is at it again
Sounds VERY familiar. I think at the end of the same movie, a man burns what he thinks is a replica and it's implied that it was the original.

Off the top of my head, try Incognito from the late 90s.

For some reason I keep thinking Catherine Zeta Jones but no clue if that's related or just an obsession.

Thanks guys. Those movies are kind of close but not it. The movie is set in the US or Canada I think and has a rough independent feel to it. I don’t recall any A listers like Pierce Brosnan or Zeta Jones.

Hi everyone,

This is still a mystery. The movies I am ruling out are:
The Grifters 1990
Criminal 2004
The Thomas Crown affair (either of them)
Heartbreakers 2001
The Score (2001)
House of Games (1987)
Confidence (2003)
Shade (2003)
Did I dream this movie? Any suggestions appreciated – I like most scam/tricky crime movies, but I would really like to find this one.
Thanks again
Mike.

That elusive hide-and-seek cow is at it again
I still think it may be Incognito (1998). Zeta Jones wasn't in that one. I just mentioned her because she does gymnastics through a laser field in Entrapment. I mean. raWr?

[quote=ynwtf;1843949]I still think it may be Incognito (1998). Zeta Jones wasn't in that one. I just mentioned her because she does gymnastics through a laser field in Entrapment. I mean. raWr?

/quote]

OK. So firstly,
TY Incognito looks like a great movie (just watched he first part so I could tell) and I can see why you would say that - I think maybe the movie I am thinking of is a US or Canadian remake of it. Definitely urban US or Canada and not UK.

Secondly +1 vote for Zeta Jones in a catsuit (or most women in most catsuits if I'm honest.)

Still stumped. Still pretty sure I saw this movie in the 1990s... it had a kind of thief (1981) noir (but in colour) feel to it.

ha-HA!

It was

Cible Emouvante 1993

I just saw a trailer for the remake (not it - but same story)

So I guess I must have seen an English dub???

Thanks for all those who offered their help and support. If you get a chance the French one is pretty good - not sure about the remake (Wild Target) though.

Now - how do I make this green?