Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

You can't win an argument just by being right!
Get Out (2017)

So, I'm watching the most acclaimed movies of 2017 and this came my way. I didn't know anything about it except that this is allegedly an Oscar Contender.

I can't point anything wrong about it, except that I was expecting a way more intense climax, but I can't say anything extraordinary about it either. It's a solid thriller with good perfomances that centers its motivations on racism, which in a way might seem cliche but it's presented in a very fresh way. But you can see where everything is going from the moment they get to the house and the one unexpected event that happens in the last scene ends up having a clichéed and weak ending.
It's a fun watch but I don't think it deserves to be among the Oscar nominees, unless all other movies are horrible.

I agree. Really not understanding the oscar buzz at all, and I liked it.

I won't dance. Don't ask me...
The mummy

I thought the main part was performed by Tom Cruise... without make-up I have to admit he was pretty funny.
Really good special effects.

Se correr o bicho pega. Se ficar o bicho come.
Bingo: The King of The Mornings 4/5

[b]

The Stolen Jools aka The Slippery Pearls (William C. McGann, John G. Adolfi, Thomas Atkins, Harold S. Bucquet, Victor Heerman & Russell Mack, 1931)
+
Star-studded comedy short for charitable purposes
I see from quoting it that it was supposed to be
+.

I thought it was 0/5+ which cracked me up. Like there was this one part you were unsure of which may have promoted it to

Spiderman Homecoming

If I were teenager I would be delighted.
I appreciate the appearance of Marvels others characters.

I see from quoting it that it was supposed to be
+.

I thought it was 0/5+ which cracked me up. Like there was this one part you were unsure of which may have promoted it to
Hahaha - thanks for pointing it out ..... have corrected it
Ive definitely given a
before but not sure about ever having awarded a
+ ... I'll have to have a little look lol

edit: Nope, not yet lol

Beauty and the beast

It was never my fav fairytale and moreover characters were singing. I wasn't prepere for a musical.
It resembles opera - great spectacular, but I just don't like this kind of art.

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
1. It doesn't resemble opera.
2 .It sucks.
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

Get Out (2017)

So, I'm watching the most acclaimed movies of 2017 and this came my way. I didn't know anything about it except that this is allegedly an Oscar Contender.

I can't point anything wrong about it, except that I was expecting a way more intense climax, but I can't say anything extraordinary about it either. It's a solid thriller with good perfomances that centers its motivations on racism, which in a way might seem cliche but it's presented in a very fresh way. But you can see where everything is going from the moment they get to the house and the one unexpected event that happens in the last scene ends up having a clichéed and weak ending.
It's a fun watch but I don't think it deserves to be among the Oscar nominees, unless all other movies are horrible.

Get Out belongs to a new subgenre of horror. I think thats the point of the film. I wont talk about it here because I dont think its appropriate but hey I enjoyed it.

1. It doesn't resemble opera.
2 .It sucks.
1. It does.
2. It sucks.

3 billboards outside ebbing missouri (2017)

A great watch. Meanders when you want it to meander, digs in when you want it to dig in. Great performances from all the cast...the tone was just perfect! Sam Rockwell better than I've seen him...gotta say I found this flawless so 5/5.

Beauty and the beast

It was never my fav fairytale and moreover characters were singing. I wasn't prepere for a musical.
It's nothing like opera, I don't usually like musicals... and it was the best film of the year by light years.

You can't win an argument just by being right!
3 billboards outside ebbing missouri (2017)
Sam Rockwell better than I've seen him...gotta say I found this flawless so 5/5.
He's always fantastic. So is Frances.

We saw a screener at a friend's place recently but unfortunately it died halfway through. Gripping viewing so far and it died just as she

WARNING: spoilers below
threw the molotov cocktails. I screamed NOOOO

Get Out belongs to a new subgenre of horror. I think thats the point of the film. I wont talk about it here because I dont think its appropriate but hey I enjoyed it.
Think it's supposed to portray the response black people get from the average liberal "that are on their side", it's one of the most uncomfortable things i've seen thinking of it from that light which means it succeeded.

Also welcome back Moviegal. We were buds at one point but i don't think you liked me around the time you left.

I think I'm the only person who hated "Get Out"
What did you hate about it?

It has not got a massive following here although that may be because it came out at the start of the year rather than Oscar Season.

Matt, i've spoken to you in PM's and stuff i've argued with you in the past too but at this point you must know i'm genuine. Mainstream recent stuff clearly annoys you so you don't seek stuff out from 1980, i don't agree with you on alot of your views but can assure you there's stuff made every year you'll love.

Remember, the majority of stuff you're watching and loving wouldn't have been known to the average person whenever it was made. It's not underground now but then it definitely was, the stuff you'd be into every year is underground and i'd be happy to give you some recs if you PM me. I haven't seen most of the films i'd be recommending but i have definitely identified a reason why 1980 is the cut off point for you.