Help with scenes from 80s home video commercial

Tools    

Hi. Back in the 80s in Sweden we had 2 Tv-channels, they showed movies maybe twice per week and many where kinda dull, so in order to get any decent entertainment rental videos was the way to go. Warner home video was pretty dominant in that market, and on their videos there where always this commercial music video with a bunch of short clips from various movies. For any swede of the age this is highly nostalgic stuff. There has been a few attempts on forums to find out all the titles involved, but so far I have not seen any success in nailing all of them. Based on previous attempts and my own additions I believe I am now down to 3 unknowns. Any help with these would be much appreciated, the quality of the video isn't great and the clips pretty short so might be a bit of a challenge.

Cant post links but its found on You Tube "Warner home video song - swedish" 3.42 long.

The unknowns are the following:

1:45- Guy fainting. Kinda looks like a Mel Brooks movie but cant find a match. Actor looks familiar but cant name him.

2:16- Gangster shootout scene. No clue

2:18- Love scene, also no idea.

/Zjiv

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
Hi. Back in the 80s in Sweden we had 2 Tv-channels, they showed movies maybe twice per week and many where kinda dull, so in order to get any decent entertainment rental videos was the way to go. Warner home video was pretty dominant in that market, and on their videos there where always this commercial music video with a bunch of short clips from various movies. For any swede of the age this is highly nostalgic stuff. There has been a few attempts on forums to find out all the titles involved, but so far I have not seen any success in nailing all of them. Based on previous attempts and my own additions I believe I am now down to 3 unknowns. Any help with these would be much appreciated, the quality of the video isn't great and the clips pretty short so might be a bit of a challenge.

Cant post links but its found on You Tube "Warner home video song - swedish" 3.42 long.

The unknowns are the following:

1:45- Guy fainting. Kinda looks like a Mel Brooks movie but cant find a match. Actor looks familiar but cant name him.

2:16- Gangster shootout scene. No clue

2:18- Love scene, also no idea.

/Zjiv

I'm pretty sure the clip with the guy fainting is from the movie The End (1978) with Burt Reynolds. (Carl Reiner is the guy who faints.)

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0077504/reference

I don't recognize the other two clips.

Aha, great That makes sense, the clip after that one, the one with Burt Reynolds getting kicked into the wall, is from The End aswell, many thanks.

Aha, great That makes sense, the clip after that one, the one with Burt Reynolds getting kicked into the wall, is from The End aswell, many thanks.

You're welcome.

BTW, here's the video for anyone else who might know the other two clips:

There we are, thanks again. Was there any english version of this? Catchy tune, though that might all be nostalgia talking and any non swede might hate it

There we are, thanks again. Was there any english version of this? Catchy tune, though that might all be nostalgia talking and any non swede might hate it

I've seen videos with a lot of movie clips like that one, but nothing with that song in English. They're usually advertising a movie collection that's being released on DVD, but with movie clips, and without a song.

This is one example of the type of video that's similar to the Swedish one, but in English:

#2 is a guess, but "Mobsters" fits the time frame and the Thompson sub-machine gun.
It would indeed, however I should perhaps have added that there are probably nothing in the clip from much later than mid eighties, I would be almost certain nothing 90s related in there. Thanks.

Now I kinda want to know the title's list...

Now I kinda want to know the title's list...
Should have seen that coming, fair enough, just need to add the english titles.

Here we go, i havent double checked all the titles others provided, so can´t say for sure all are correct. Havent added time for all of them, just the order. In some cases several scenes from the same movie is listed, in a few cases they might be lumped together, this is due to the fact that the scenes were not originally recognized to be from the same source.

Also to be noted is the fact that back in the days it was really popular to add a swedish title to movies, in some cases it turned out ok, and sometimes its just bad. It is still done at times but not nearly as often it seems.

1. Älskade spion ( The spy who loved me) 1977

2. Ingen Knäcker Sharky (Sharkys Machine) 1981

3. Arthur 1981

4. WarGames 1983

5. Mot Fort Humbolt (Breakheart Pass) 1975

6. Ett Päron till Farsa (National Lampoon’s Vacation) 1983

7. Rosa Pantern slår igen (The Pink Panther Strikes Again) 1976

8. Dirty Harry 1971

9. Tjejen som gjorde lumpen (Private Benjamin) 1980

10. –Äventyraren Thomas Crown (The Thomas crown affair) 1968

11. –Until September 1984

12. Casablanca 1942

13. The Shining 1980

14. Go’dag yxskaft? (What’s up doc) 1972

15. Firefox 1982

16. Supersnutarna (Crimebusters) 1977

17. Man lever bara två gånger (You only live twice) 1967

18. Mad Max 2: The Road Warrior 1981

19. Röd gryning (Red Dawn) 1984

20. Älskade spion ( The spy who loved me) 1977

21. Moonraker 1979

22. Star 80 1983

23. Blåst på konfekten (10) 1979

24, I, the Jury 1982

25. Greystoke the legend of Tarzan 1984

26. Brisby och Nimhs hemlighet (The Secret of Nimh) 1982

27. Slutet (The end) 1978

28. Slutet (The end) 1978

29. Oh, vilket party! (The Party) 1968

30. New York New York 1977

31. Den onde, den gode, den fule (The Good, the Bad and the Ugly) 1966

32. Mr Majestyk 1974

33. Octopussy 1983

34. Svarta hingsten kommer tillbaka (The Black Stallion Returns) 1983

35. Ett Päron till Farsa (National Lampoon’s Vacation) 1983

36. Excalibur 1981

37. ? – 30s gangster shooutout (2:16)

38. ? – Love sceen (2:18)

39. Purple Rain 1984

40. – Purple Rain 1984

41. Purple Rain 1984

42. Road Runner 1979

43. Rocky III 1982

44. Nu blåser vi snuten (Smokey and the Bandit) 1977

45. Ur dödlig synvinkel (A view to a kill) 1981

46. Ur dödlig synvinkel (A view to a kill) 1981

47. Frisco Kid (The Frisco kid) 1979

48. Den stora kapplöpningen jorden runt (The great race) 1965

49. Den stora kapplöpningen jorden runt (The great race) 1965

50. Polisskolan 2 (The police academy 2) 1985

51. Polisskolan 2 (The police academy 2) 1985

52. Gremlins 1984

53. – Jane Fonda träningsvideo (Exercise video)

54. Lust och begär (Vision quest) 1985

55. 5 myror är fler än 4 elefanter (Five ants are more than four elephants) The only Swedish title 1973-1975

56. Pale Rider 1985

57. Moonraker 1979

Havent given up yet, it is frustrating being so close. I was able to find what appears to be a complete list of all titles released by Warner Home Video in Sweden, so the missing ones should be on that list somewhere (its in swedish so not much point posting it here). I didnt really find that many movies with a clear gangster theme, Once upon a time in America and The untouchables are two but neither seem to fit the unknown scene.

both 2.16 and 2.18 because the guy looks like Joe Penny maybe the Gangster Chronicles 1981 TV movie.

~My noobiness prevents me from sharing links but you can see the movie on youtube for free. Or imdb Joe Penny.

Or maybe the Untouchables a special edition for the Thompson shooting scene??? Struggling with internet issues here. There are a million Gangster Thompson shooty scenes like this unfortunately even Star Trek OS did one.

both 2.16 and 2.18 because the guy looks like Joe Penny maybe the Gangster Chronicles 1981 TV movie.

~My noobiness prevents me from sharing links but you can see the movie on youtube for free. Or imdb Joe Penny.

Or maybe the Untouchables a special edition for the Thompson shooting scene??? Struggling with internet issues here. There are a million Gangster Thompson shooty scenes like this unfortunately even Star Trek OS did one.
Thanks, I will check those leads out. Indeed I know there are lots of Tommy Gun scenes out there, and I even checked the Star Trek one