Jumanji

Tools    

Not a big poster here but Jumanji is funny as heck. All the actors did great. Karen Gillan is hot too!

Welcome to the human race...
*thinks about all the good movies 5flute has trashed before making this thread*

*thinks about all the good movies 5flute has trashed before making this thread*

Lol..at least this has a story unlike The Last Jeti. For what it is it was good.

The original was a childhood favorite but...

Took the kids to see this today.

Nothing ground breaking, the original had the effects going for it, yet this one is just CGI laden from start to end... and the animals in the film aren't as roided-up as they were in the original film.
I thought Jumanji was supposed to be like, massive elephants, huge rhinos with 10 foot horns, and lions with steak knives for claws.
In this film they were just sort of, well, jungle animals.

The other thing missing was like, a favourite scene. I asked the kids afterward and they were just: "Yeah it was good".
There's no memorable scenes or dialogue involved tbh.

And a lot of penis jokes for what was essentially marketed as a kids film.
Pretty much only me and two other adults who had brought their kids, were laughing at about 75% of the movie.
The other 25% of the laughs, which were from the kids, were down to the slapstick action that was going on.

The rest is basically CGI action.
Would have been better released over the summer tbh rather than Christmas and New Year. Could have been a fun Summer flick.
The Rock is surprisingly funny though. He plays the "nerdy kid in a muscle avatar" pretty well.

Personally I'd recommend it for kids 13+ due to the winky gags and sexual puns.

You can't win an argument just by being right!
Thanks for the headsup, Rattus. Think I'll wait for this on tv. Penis jokes? Urgh.

Yeah mainly from Jack Black.
He's the avatar of one of the female characters... so basically it's a girl in a man's body... cue loads of penis jokes, a peeing scene, and giggling about a hard-on.

Swear down.
Marketed as a kids movie too.

You can't win an argument just by being right!
Yeah mainly from Jack Black.
He's the avatar of one of the female characters... so basically it's a girl in a man's body... cue loads of penis jokes, a peeing scene, and giggling about a hard-on.

Swear down.
Marketed as a kids movie too.
Yeah thanks again. Think I'll pass. I dont particularly like him and the whole idea of it stinks but you know, Diversity. Cant help saying that in a cheesy sing songy voice.