Star Wars: Episode VIII – The Last Jedi

Tools    

You can't win an argument just by being right!
Has anyone heard about the Screening Leak of the movie and allot of Classic fans are preying its not true film in the franchise.
I want to see the leak

but then I change my mind

From what I've seen so far it's getting good reviews but I dont know how old the reviewers are.

The tag line for The Last Jedi is “Let the Past Die”, so imma go ahead and guess Papa Palpatine stays dead.

Side question: was anyone else terribly disappointed in The Emperor when they first saw him. As a kid I expected some horrible creature, maybe more in line in McQuarrie’s concept art or even Snoke.

Instead he’s an old dude in a bathrobe (wearing slacks underneath, apparently).
he terrified me every time he was o.n the screen, i guess he s spot on

user reviews on imdb are mixed bag, some people its great and other say its just average or below average, i dont know who to trust or who not to trust....

Hellloooo Cindy - Scary Movie (2000)
user reviews on imdb are mixed bag, some people its great and other say its just average or below average, i dont know who to trust or who not to trust....
Luke, trust your feelings.

I just got spoiled but I dont care enough about these prequels to care about it. Dont worry - I wont give the spoiler on here. Spoiler free zone, I am.

Older people from what I'm seeing are not happy about the episode. Oh well, nothing new to what I already thought.

This might just do nobody any good.
These aren’t prequels.

Did Dani get Phantom Menace spoilers?

These aren’t prequels.

Did Dani get Phantom Menace spoilers?
Oh yeah...you know what I mean. I have brain fag from too much star wars stuff this morning.

Just watched it at the theater with some friends.

It's an intense Star Wars outing with its good and its lesser moments. The ride is hugely entertaining and you'll get to see some phenomenal sets. I was mostly satisfied.

John Campea who use to work for Collider loved the Movie In his review.But I am not sure what I feel about it until i see it but then i am not a die hard nut i just happen to like most of the movies Classic movies or Prequels.

_____ is the most important thing in my life…
Everyone is giving the same review. "Unexpected plot twists you never saw coming and lots of humor, but it's really dark."

I wonder if the decades of voice work (especially his work as Mista Jaaaay) have improved his presence. All these reports seemed to indicate that Hamill is better onscreen than he use to be.

Everyone is giving the same review. "Unexpected plot twists you never saw coming and lots of humor, but it's really dark."

I wonder if the decades of voice work (especially his work as Mista Jaaaay) have improved his presence. All these reports seemed to indicate that Hamill is better onscreen than he use to be.
This is promising so thanks for posting, dd! I like lots of humour mixed with super dark.

I wanted this to be great.... it wasn't, unfortunately
I didn't want this to be terrible.... it wasnt, thankfully

Driver is the best thing in this, which really surprised me as I thought he was a whiny lil punk in TFA

I'll go watch it again in a few days, TFA was disappointing but has grown on me, maybe this will be the same

Ive read what George Lucas had in mind for Force Awakens and The Character Of Rey was there but she was called Kira. But the movie had more then one Skywalker and It was more then a movie for teens it gave the legends more too do. I say let Lucas create the worlds and ideas for the movie and let other people direct. Its not too late too fix the Skywalker Episodic films. They just need maybe an Episode or 2 after 9.

Save the Texas Prairie Chicken
@The Rodent, sorry that I missed out on your Star Wars weekend this year. I just wouldn't have been up to it with the stuff that I had going on these past couple of months. But I do plan to be a part of it in 2019. I really enjoyed it back in 2015. So I would like to be a part of it again.

I have decided to rewatch one movie a day from this coming Sunday through Christmas Eve. Then I will go see The Last Jedi on Christmas Day. That, therefore, means that I have to avoid everything SW related until then. It will be hard, but I think I will be able to manage it (I have even ignored some of the posts in here just in case ).

We've gone on holiday by mistake
Ok first impressions.

WARNING: "plot" spoilers below

First impressions not that great.

Snoke was awesome and really strong, then poof he's gone and with all his power doesn't sense it coming, lame. Enjoyed the fight with the guards though.

The whole run out of fuel, fleet chase, since when did we ever hear about star ships fuel or that they could run out of it, or that they have to pull back fighters cause fleet out of range. Not a fan of that whole sequence, typical movie time limit fail plot device.

Luke, didn't like how he started, the whole go away bull****. There was some good stuff there with Luke/Rey but there wasn't any training really. He comes in to save the day (sort of), then what? poof he goes Obi Wan and becomes a ghost, brilliant kill off a fan favourite character for no real reason. Suppose he will return as a Force ghost.

Surprised they left Leia alive with Carrie Fishers death. Her whole use the force and save herself from Space was a bit WTF? then she cant move some rocks later.

The Rebellion and Republic has literally been reduced to a Millennium Falcon full of stragglers and a Jedi hopeful, this was a complaint from TFA, where are there fleets, surely not all destroyed by Death Star 2.0.

Suppose they feel they have built up Rey/Ren enough to carry the franchise from here, Frenemies like Proff X/Magneto??

Will see again probably and maybe enjoy it more.

My feeling is Snoke was never the True Power too fear. I think Rey and Kylo will have to team up to take on the real Darth Lord Master. I think we are gonna get a Clone or Resurrected Palpatine or even Darth Bane. Just feel like Snoke was always a misdirect as the main master for the 3 part saga. The scene i think was needed so we see Rey not turn a Kylo have some moment simular to Anakin but we get what would have happened if Vader had lived would he had changed or still been a Sith.

Welcome to the human race...
I liked it well enough, already starting to overthink it (less in a plot hole sort of way and more in an inconsistent thematic kind of way, but I'll have to organise my thoughts on that).

Ok first impressions.

WARNING: "plot" spoilers below

First impressions not that great.

Snoke was awesome and really strong, then poof he's gone and with all his power doesn't sense it coming, lame. Enjoyed the fight with the guards though.

I figured it was hubris more than anything that led him to assume that it was Rey thinking the "get lightsaber" thoughts instead of Ren, who he thought he had managed to brainwash.

The whole run out of fuel, fleet chase, since when did we ever hear about star ships fuel or that they could run out of it, or that they have to pull back fighters cause fleet out of range. Not a fan of that whole sequence, typical movie time limit fail plot device.

Because fuel only becomes a problem when escaping via hyperdrive is not possible, which was the case with the First Order now being able to track ships through hyperdrive (as for the Falcon being unable to make the jump in Empire, it doesn't become a problem because Bespin is close enough for them to fly to whereas the Resistance fleet is flying for a longer period of time). Short-range TIE fighters that can't travel too far away from Imperial stations/ships have been a thing since A New Hope.

Luke, didn't like how he started, the whole go away bull****. There was some good stuff there with Luke/Rey but there wasn't any training really. He comes in to save the day (sort of), then what? poof he goes Obi Wan and becomes a ghost, brilliant kill off a fan favourite character for no real reason. Suppose he will return as a Force ghost.

There's enough narrative and thematic reason to kill him off so it wasn't a problem for me. They weren't going to get the same reaction as the shock of Han's death so they could afford to be a bit more deliberate about how Luke went out.

Surprised they left Leia alive with Carrie Fishers death. Her whole use the force and save herself from Space was a bit WTF? then she cant move some rocks later.

Seems like she's only got so much Force-using ability.

The Rebellion and Republic has literally been reduced to a Millennium Falcon full of stragglers and a Jedi hopeful, this was a complaint from TFA, where are there fleets, surely not all destroyed by Death Star 2.0.

Guess we got to wait for Episode IX, but they kept referencing allies who could get their message so at least it's not going to come out of nowhere.