Mouthgasms for MoFo foodies

Tools    

You can't win an argument just by being right!
Well this is a lonely little thread, @Elessar, but I've been away for a month so no knife mojo to speak of, and cant even post luscious photos on my laptop. What have you been doing?

Well this is a lonely little thread, @Elessar, but I've been away for a month so no knife mojo to speak of, and cant even post luscious photos on my laptop. What have you been doing?
I have been eating like crazy, but no nice photos, because, Europe in november has almost no sun. No natural light for my plates. Not even a mysterious fog like in UK.
I ate terribly well in Milan, what with panzerotti and red-wined risotto:

(google pics)

You have been travelling?

Oh wow. Looks great.

No travel this time. maybe next time.

I made salmon pizza the other day and it might be the best pizza that I've made so far.

(google pic)

Oh my lordy I didnt eat dinner and that looks totally divine. Making that when I get home for sure

Yesterday I had some rose shrimps, fresh off the market, with the mayonnaise that my landlord made which was quite decent.

(google pic)

There’s nothing better than a mini-vegetarian-pizza.

Urmmm vegetarian? I dont think that's tofu.

I made a spring onion fritter, after a post somewhere in this thread (thanks to you Dani, and to your favorite chef Luke Nguyễn). It was gorgeous. Utterly simply, yet gorgeous. One of the best things I made out of this thread. Fluffy, flavorful, crispy and savory. The spring onion give it a young and sweet flavor, which can't be swapped with dried onions.
Secret tip: add baking soda to the fritter, instead of beer. It will raise the fritter without any funny smell, and I prefer to drink the beer than to add it in the fritter.

The whole plate was gone down my mouth before I could grasp a camera.

(google pic)

Now this is a true vegetarian dish @Stirchley

lol El, we could drink the beer together then eat the fritters

what are the vego dishes?

Hi @Elessar. Finally got home but it's really hot here for the next week so going cool for dinner.

And Mr D had grilled moo moo. ll is happy in the house.

I saw some beautiful tiger prawns at the shops so might get some for dinner tomorrow and have your

Gosh you brighten up my appetite with all those colorful fruits. Although it's so cold here that I can't go cool for dinner, but the idea of a mouthful of lychee and mango is so tempting.

When it's hot, natural coco water is a must. I wish I had those ready-to-go coconuts here.

Oh I love fresh coconut water, not that dreadful stuff in a can.

[IMG], so it's a good idea not to generalise[/IMG]

Time for a visit to little Hanoi! Or better yet, Vietnam

Oh I love fresh coconut water, not that dreadful stuff in a can.
I once bought that dreadful stuff in a can, even an expensive can that marked "fresh" in the freezer of a supermarket. Poured it all away into the drain after tasting 1 drop - oh how it drastically changed after it left the skull!

Coconut water on the beach, after a salty swim, under the tropical sun, is the best. I drink 3 coconuts every time like that (paid by mom )

The image I posted is a fresh coconut but you can open it like a can. If only they'd sold it here.

The image I posted is a fresh coconut but you can open it like a can. If only they'd sold it here.
LOL I didnt even notice the ring tabs. How cool is that! I wonder if we have those at our beach areas.
The supermarket stuff is full of chemicals and crap. Never again. Horrendous.

And my first real cooking since getting home

Nice photo.

The only thing to have for dinner during a heatwave. Persian watermelon and feta salad

I totally heart that watermelon salad!
It's something I can follow to make.
The seafood pasta looks great too. December (here) is the season for sweet tender juicy shellfish.

I had lobster for Xmas dinner. Never had such a big lobster in my life. I was too busy sinking my teeth into its snow-white flesh to take a photo.

(google pic)

The salad is amazing! I've just been having watermelon for dinner in this heat but broke out last night and thought of you when I lashed out on dumplings and

Sriracha.

That lobster makes me weak at the knees!

How did you know that I loved the sight of red pepper!
Amazing sight.
That, and sriracha. They go with all foods, oriental or occidental.

I managed to buy 3 different kinds of chili pepper condiment during the Xmas holiday: a Guerande salt flower with chili, a foie gras with chili, and a chocolate with chili. Yum yum.

Oh, I forgot, I also had a roasted duck for Xmas, that my cousin marinaded and roasted to perfection

(google pic)