Golden Globe Awards 2018, nominations (FILM)

Tools    

Here are the nominations in the feature film categories, announced this morning...

BEST PICTURE, DRAMA
Call Me by Your Name
Dunkirk
The Post
The Shape of Water
Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri

BEST PICTURE, COMEDY/MUSICAL
The Disaster Artist
Get Out
The Greatest Showman
I, Tonya
Lady Bird

BEST DIRECTOR
Guillermo del Toro, The Shape of Water
Martin McDonagh, Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri
Christopher Nolan, Dunkirk
Ridley Scott, All the Money in the World
Steven Spielberg, The Post

BEST ACTOR, DRAMA
Timothée Chalamet, Call Me by Your Name
Daniel Day-Lewis, Phantom Thread
Tom Hanks, The Post
Gary Oldman, Darkest Hour
Denzel Washington, Roman J. Israel, Esq.

BEST ACTRESS, DRAMA
Jessica Chastain, Molly’s Game
Sally Hawkins, The Shape of Water
Frances McDormand, Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri
Meryl Streep, The Post
Michelle Williams, All the Money in the World

BEST ACTOR, COMEDY/MUSICAL
Steve Carell, Battle of the Sexes
Ansel Elgort, Baby Driver
James Franco, The Disaster Artist
Hugh Jackman, The Greatest Showman
Daniel Kaluuya, Get Out

BEST ACTRESS, COMEDY/MUSICAL
Judi Dench, Victoria & Abdul
Helen Mirren, The Leisure Seeker
Margot Robbie, I, Tonya
Saoirse Ronan, Lady Bird
Emma Stone, Battle of the Sexes

BEST SUPPORTING ACTOR
Willem Dafoe, The Florida Project
Armie Hammer, Call Me by Your Name
Richard Jenkins, The Shape of Water
Christopher Plummer, All the Money in the World
Sam Rockwell, Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri

BEST SUPPORTING ACTRESS
Mary J. Blige, Mudbound
Hong Chau, Downsizing
Allison Janney, I, Tonya
Laurie Metcalf, Lady Bird
Octavia Spencer, The Shape of Water

BEST SCREENPLAY
The Shape of Water
Lady Bird
The Post
Molly’s Game

BEST ORIGINAL SCORE
The Shape of Water
Phantom Thread
The Post
Dunkirk

BEST ORIGINAL SONG
“Home”, Ferdinand
“Mighty River”, Mudbound
“Remember Me”, Coco
“The Star”, The Star
“This Is Me”, The Greatest Showman

BEST ANIMATED FEATURE
The Boss Baby
The Breadwinner
Coco
Ferdinand
Loving Vincent

BEST FOREIGN LANGUAGE FEATURE
A Fantastic Woman
First They Killed My Father
In the Fade
Loveless
The Square

Winners to be announced on Sunday January 7th, hosted by Seth Meyers.
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

Three Billboards in the drama category? Thats surprising

PTA continues to be screwed over by not getting nominated for best film, director or screenplay

The Boss Baby being nominated for best animated feature? Ha thats funny

Picture - Drama : Call Me By Your Name
Picture - Comedy/Musical: Lady Bird
Director: del Toro (Shape Of Water)
Actor - Drama: Gary Oldman (Darkest Hour)
Actress - Drama: Frances McDormand (Three Billboards)
Actor - Comedy/Musical: James Franco (Disaster Artist)
Actress - Comedy/Musical: Saoirse Ronan (Lady Bird)
Supporting Actor: William Dafoe (Florida Project)
Supporting Actress: Allison Janney (I, Tonya)
Screenplay: Greta Gerwig (Lady Bird)
Original Score: Dunkirk
Original Song: No Idea, Don't Care
Animated: Coco
Foreign Language - Loveless

Just because I need to say it, why in hell is Christopher Plummer nominated for replacing a sex pervert last minute. He can't have been that good, seriously.

PTA continues to be screwed over by not getting nominated for best film, director or screenplay

The film isn't out yet? How can you say it deserves these without seeing it?

Get Out is a comedy / musical?

Well I didn't realize that.
a) The Golden Globes have a long, dumb history trying to cram movies that are pretty clearly neither comedies nor musicals into their Comedy/Musical categories.

b) Jordan Peele tried (in vain) to get ahead of this stupidity in regards to his film by publicly calling them out on it weeks before the nominations were even announced. Alas, to no avail.

http://www.indiewire.com/2017/11/jor...dy-1201897841/

Yeah, they could flip-flop Get Out and Three Billboards. Three Billboards fits the comedy category way more. They should just call their categories Drama and Genre.

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ

Why, have you seen Phantom Thread?

Nope. Count me out. Gervais pretty much trashed it for me, as well as the assumption that you can kind of see it now for once it is: A big huge Hollywood party with some trophies to hand out.

You can't win an argument just by being right!
Nope. Count me out. Gervais pretty much trashed it for me, as well as the assumption that you can kind of see it now for once it is: A big huge Hollywood party with some trophies to hand out.
I find awards shows incredibly boring so no, wont be watching. I didnt even know Gervais was hosting. He's a cringeworthy twat so I have no idea why they use him anyway.

I find awards shows incredibly boring so no, wont be watching. I didnt even know Gervais was hosting. He's a cringeworthy twat so I have no idea why they use him anyway.
Gervais did four different ones, but he's not doing it this year. I doubt he'll do it again, he's moved on at this point.

If you think they're boring, feel slightly sorry for those attending. No potty breaks for them.

If you think they're boring, feel slightly sorry for those attending. No potty breaks for them.
LOL I do actually feel sorry for them having to attend. Imagine having to do the rounds of the awards every year, and then having to kiss butt at the after parties with producers et al you dont like to make sure the work keeps coming in. I guess the one thing that might be interesting this year is all the not so hidden comments about Weinstein and friends, but still, I'll be happy just to check out the list of winners in the thread. I dont know if it's even televised here. Probably on morning tv for the fashions on the red carpet.

Survivor 5s #2 Bitch
LOL I do actually feel sorry for them having to attend. Imagine having to do the rounds of the awards every year, and then having to kiss butt at the after parties with producers et al you dont like to make sure the work keeps coming in. I guess the one thing that might be interesting this year is all the not so hidden comments about Weinstein and friends, but still, I'll be happy just to check out the list of winners in the thread. I dont know if it's even televised here. Probably on morning tv for the fashions on the red carpet.
I totally sympathise with Katharine Hepburn for skipping all this out. There seems to be dozens and dozens of award ceremonies each year, I just couldn't be arsed.
That being said, if I ever had the chance to be up for an Oscar nom I'd probably put a lot of the leg work in to get past the post like some of them do

I totally sympathise with Katharine Hepburn for skipping all this out. There seems to be dozens and dozens of award ceremonies each year, I just couldn't be arsed.
That being said, if I ever had the chance to be up for an Oscar nom I'd probably put a lot of the leg work in to get past the post like some of them do
Oh yeah dont get me wrong - winning would be fantastic. It's just the whole hoopla they have to go through which would be tedious, even down to starving themselves so they can fit into THE outfit which just seems cray cray, and the resulting bitch fest as various actors are ripped to shreds because OMG, a pimple, or heavens to betsy, someone has a wet armpit.