Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

Is the mob part just Greg saying he thinks that's where he got the money or is there more to it?
Oh, does the movie assume that part's true?
There is no mention of this in the film.

I'm just going to assume it's something along the lines of Uwe Boll and his Nazi gold, until proven wrong.

Men Behind the Sun (1988)

-

Labeled as historical horror, this is infamous as one of the most disturbing films ever made, and it would be hard for me to argue. During WW II, a Japanese unit experiments with biological weapons on Chinese and Russian people, and animals. I'm very far from away from being a history buff so I don't know how accurate the events portrayed are, but my guess would be that there's at least some truth within. It is a very cruel and graphic film.

Mother! - 8.5/10

Men Behind the Sun (1988)

-

Labeled as historical horror, this is infamous as one of the most disturbing films ever made, and it would be hard for me to argue. During WW II, a Japanese unit experiments with biological weapons on Chinese and Russian people, and animals. I'm very far from away from being a history buff so I don't know how accurate the events portrayed are, but my guess would be that there's at least some truth within. It is a very cruel and graphic film.
every time I see this or some film about the same thing mentioned it turns my stomach. It would be way two much for me

Did you notice how he kind of looks like Han Solo? He auditioned for the young Han Solo movie, but didn't get the part. He even looks like a young Harrison Ford.

That movie is so good! Glad you liked it.
Yeah, first saw it years ago but had completely forgotten how well put across it is.

Literally just watched that for the first time yesterday, brilliant.
Has a very good chance of making my 'directed by women' list.

Literally just watched that for the first time yesterday, brilliant.
Has a very good chance of making my 'directed by women' list.
I didn't know it was directed by a woman. It WILL make my list. Also check out Meek's Cutoff and The Quiet, a couple of my favorite films directed by women.

_____ is the most important thing in my life…

I had to break out my guitar and turn on the closed captions 40 minutes in.

[quote=Zotis;1836106]
Death on the Nile 1978
Just about a perfect murder mystery, and even tho I knew the ending, I thoroughly enjoyed seeing it again. Agatha Christie is a writer I envy for her seemingly effortless mastery of making a story flow, strong characters, sly humor and suspense -and this movie honors, if not surpasses, the book.Great scenery too. A timeless murder mystery; sheer entertainment and I loved the indelible words that end this charming movie from
(Peter Ustinov, the best of all the film Poirots) and his friend (the dapper and ever classy David Niven):

Ustinov: mumbling in a foreign tongue
Niven: "I do wish you would speak in some known language"
Ustinov: "The ambition of a woman is to inspire love."

Just a delight, I give it an A.

Lensman (1984)

I loved it!
I knew you would, and you are welcome for fixing you post.

[/QUOTE

Yes yes of course that s what I was exactly planning to say.

(Lensllady mutters to self) How does he DO that??????? Spooky

Café Society

I liked the cinematography, that was about it. Not a bad film it just felt like a whole lot of namedropping and beating us over the head with the fact it was in the 30's and not much else. Wasn't into any of the characters or performances either. It's a shame as i know some think of this as one of Woody's best films in the last decade or so, maybe it is i've not seen most of them i hope not though.

Nah, it's not one of his best.

His "best" in the last decade are: Match Point, Vicky Cristina Barcelona, Midnight in Paris and Blue Jasmine.

Nah, it's not one of his best.

His "best" in the last decade are: Match Point, Vicky Cristina Barcelona, Midnight in Paris and Blue Jasmine.
Midnight In Paris is one of my favourite of his so far, i liked Match Point too. Not seen Vicky Cristina Barcelona or Blue Jasmine yet.

Think i'm going to rewatch: Broadway Danny Rose, Deconstructing Harry, Mighty Aphrodite and Radio Days next for Woody Allen. Those four were among my first of his films years ago and i barely remember them, due to that i have them really low on my Woody Allen Ranked Letterboxd list and it doesn't feel right. Who knows i might not like some of them but at least i'll know why.

Think i'm going to rewatch: Broadway Danny Rose, Deconstructing Harry, Mighty Aphrodite and Radio Days next for Woody Allen. Those four were among my first of his films years ago and i barely remember them, due to that i have them really low on my Woody Allen Ranked Letterboxd list and it doesn't feel right. Who knows i might not like some of them but at least i'll know why.
Radio Days is one of his best (top 10 surely) and Broadway Danny Rose arguably is too. Deconstructing Harry and Mighty Aphrodite are both very decent and mid-range Allen films, in my view.