Most disturbing movie of all time!!!

Tools    

كُنْ فَيَكُونُ
As soon as I heard that was an infant rape scene in A Serbian Film, I lost all interest in ever seeing. I'm sorry, but that's just not art... it's simply f*cking sick and indicative that the director should probably be committed and investigated. Who TF thinks up sh*t like that????

A distrubing movie that I actually ENJOYED is Would You Rather. Have seen it a few times. Not for the faint of heart, but a fun movie imo.

But I'll never bring myself to watch something as disgusting as A Serbian Film.
A Serbian Film is the horror equivalent of The Room, not kidding:

And it's just a **** movie overall anyway, it's got the unrealistic cringe-factor of the Room but it doesn't have the "so bad it's good"

كُنْ فَيَكُونُ
I'd probably vote Irreversible. I havent seen A Serbian Film yet because Im basically afraid... But of those Ive seen Irreversible probably took the longest to recover from. Salo, while disgusting and atrocious, was more intriguing to me then massively disturbing. Its so far over the top that you have to wonder what its REALLY trying to say. Plus they dont victimize the victims which helps.
Irreversible is a movie that really got me personally when I first saw it and it made me depressed. The message of the film too, is something we all kind of have to face in life (how things happen that are beyond our control and how the universe has a sick sense of humor - like the guys getting the wrong guy, who raped his girlfriend )

The most talked about scene (yes that) is one of the most effective and disturbing things I've seen in cinema tbh. It's realistically portrayed, framed and not at all over-acted. It really hones in on the helplessness and desperation, and made me very angry when I saw it.

I love Gaspar Noe's films so far however and he knows how to present his messages in a way that really reaches the hearts of viewers (well, like me, those who like it)

You can't win an argument just by being right!
Irreversible is a movie that really got me personally when I first saw it and it made me depressed. The message of the film too, is something we all kind of have to face in life (how things happen that are beyond our control and how the universe has a sick sense of humor - like the guys getting the wrong guy, who raped his girlfriend )

I love Gaspar Noe's films so far however and he knows how to present his messages in a way that really reaches the hearts of viewers (well, like me, those who like it)
yeah I understand what you mean even if I havent seen it beyond the hydrant scene. ASF 'depressed' me to think about how he came about writing it. Really made me focus on it for days

كُنْ فَيَكُونُ
yeah I understand what you mean even if I havent seen it beyond the hydrant scene. ASF 'depressed' me to think about how he came about writing it. Really made me focus on it for days
Enter The Void also effected me (it's not "disturbing" though) for a long time and still does. The thematic connections (death/spirituality/religion/sexuality/psychedelic drugs/childhood trauma/family) and parallels that film draws are things I connect strongly to and have thought about a lot. The way it portrays it too, really hits it home!

Enter The Void also effected me (it's not "disturbing" though) for a long time and still does. The thematic connections (death/spirituality/religion/sexuality/psychedelic drugs/childhood trauma/family) and parallels that film draws are things I connect strongly to and have thought about a lot. The way it portrays it too, really hits it home!
I hadnt heard of that so just looked it up. Going on my list for when I get home - looks really interesting. Thanks DrJ

Oh! I completely forgot that I Stand Alone (1998) disturbed me more than Irreversible did.

كُنْ فَيَكُونُ
I hadnt heard of that so just looked it up. Going on my list for when I get home - looks really interesting. Thanks DrJ
You're welcome.
I hope you enjoy it (if that's the way to put it) or are as inspired/provoked by it as I am. Outside of the powerful themes, the color-scheme and Noe's signature camera style are also really impressive

Oh! I completely forgot that I Stand Alone (1998) disturbed me more than Irreversible did.
OK I'm goin g to ask the head scratching question before someone else does

Do you see horses getting killed in the abbattoir? Not interested in that...or rim jobs (I looked it up because once again I've never heard of it)

كُنْ فَيَكُونُ
Interesting progression in his career thematically so far I think:

I Stand Alone being violence/revenge coupled with amending family relationships

Irreversible being how the past is......irreversible, and sexuality + the underbelly of society

Enter The Void being the things I mentioned above

Love....being like giving the sexuality in ETV a huge heroine boost and sort of exploring our psychological discomfort (which in itself is paradoxical!) surrounding it, I guess

What's wrong with two people who love each other kissing? Would you feel the same if it was 2 women? They're kissing, not dismembering each other so I'm not sure I understand.
No it would be more disturbing if 2 women like you doing that.

No it would be more disturbing if 2 women like you doing that.
OK well it was a pretty easy question but if you want to behave that way then be your own boss. Goodbye.

I'm about to watch irreversible for the first time in a moment, wish me luck.

I'm about to watch irreversible for the first time in a moment, wish me luck.
Turn up the volume and jump around a lot.

Good luck.

How would Cannibal Holocaust and Salo: 120 Days of Sodom fare in this contest? I haven't seen either, though.
I would put Cannibal Holocaust a good bit higher, mostly due to the real animal killings. Cannibal Ferox is a very similar movie, as is the inferior Eaten Alive (1980).

I would put Cannibal Holocaust a good bit higher, mostly due to the real animal killings. Cannibal Ferox is a very similar movie, as is the inferior Eaten Alive (1980).
I watched "The Green Inferno" (2013) not long ago. Only mention it because I read that it was a loose remake of Cannibal Holocaust (which I've never seen).

I watched "The Green Inferno" (2013) not long ago. Only mention it because I read that it was a loose remake of Cannibal Holocaust (which I've never seen).
Yea it wasn't good unfortunately.