Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

_____ is the most important thing in my life…
Bernie (2011)

What a surreal little show we have here.

Jackie (2016)

This is why I can't have nice things.

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
Close Encounters of the Third Kind (1977) -

Meh, but the last 20 minutes are great and a nice visual The Mirror reference:

Tarkovsky's The Mirror:

Spielberg's Close Encounters of the Third Kind
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

childhood favorite

I really hope I like the mirror. I got it from the library once but never watched it. Its kinda daunting

I feel like the only person who thinks Close Encounters is best through the first 2/3.
I’ve never seen it & have no desire to.

I feel like the only person who thinks Close Encounters is best through the first 2/3.
I really like the film myself, but the last few minutes where Dreyfus does what he does, is unsatisfying to me. Still a milestone in film making.

I really like the film myself, but the last few minutes where Dreyfus does what he does, is unsatisfying to me. Still a milestone in film making.
I am actually fine with that. I don't like the breakikng in and all the musical language stuff. The kiss seems more out of place than the ending to me actually.

You can't win an argument just by being right!

Damn that's a shame. Really looking forward to this What didnt you like about it, dd?

_____ is the most important thing in my life…

Damn that's a shame. Really looking forward to this What didnt you like about it, dd?
There are 2 different parts that are switched back and forth throughout. That never really worked for me and it was ambiguous as to how they were trying to portray her.

I was sure I was going to love it. Portman is one of the most beautiful women ever, the vintage clothes, the smoking, but it just didn't click. I guess I must be one of the people they brought Lyndon Johnson in for.

Women will be your undoing, Pépé
I appreciate the responses, I probably was just overthinking the plot and was looking for something more that wasn't there.
seeing the simple solution; do it ALL the time lol

Thanks for clarifying. I think I'll now just gear up for vintage and her. I really like her and the sets and wardrobe should be enough to entertain me. I dont like switching back and forth either but if I'm warned I can enjoy it more.

You should check it out anyway. Your opinion could be WAY different from DD's.
Yeah I know. I just like seeing what people dont like as well as what people do like The ' dont like' can just brace me (see above).

I hated Jackie and I expected to love it.

If anyone is interested in why I hated it, here's what I wrote. It's probably one of the better reviews I've done.

Jackie review

This might just do nobody any good.
Jackie is definitely an acquired taste. Slow and indulgent but I found it beautiful, nevertheless. It’s like a fairy tale story in which the rug gets pulled out from under the princess. A whole life defined by a single moment and the agony of relieving that moment day after day. The remaining years become a fog. As if the future was already a memory.

Portman goes all out and it’s justly polarizing but I don’t think anyone can deny she commands the whole thing.

It be worth watching, at least once, for Mica Levi’s horror movie score.