1970's Hall of Fame

Tools    

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
Of course I wish I liked Mulholland more but I just don't.

The Straight Story was decent.

And I didn't care a lick for Wild at Heart.

Also for the record i wouldn't put too much stock into what Lynch says about his films. He's very serious about people coming to their own conclusions about his art, so even if he did intend for a meaning that has been mentioned i don't think he'd admit it.

Fatherhood definitely plays a part even if it's not the central meaning, he was expecting his first child when he made it so i think it'd be a mighty coincidence if that didn't play into it. Even if it was just something for a basic plot outline.

Of course I wish I liked Mulholland more but I just don't.
I'm really surprised you don't. It's actually pretty conventional for Lynch, it's mostly just out of sequence and with dreams injected. Thought some of the humour and beauty and especially Watts would make you at least like it.

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
I'm really surprised you don't. It's actually pretty conventional for Lynch, it's mostly just out of sequence and with dreams injected. Thought some of the humour and beauty and especially Watts would make you at least like it.
Yeah I love Watts. One of my favorite actresses.

david lynch's voice is weird

The only Lynch movie I don't like is Fire Walk With Me, but I still need to see Inland Empire and I don't want to see Dune. My favorites are The Straight Story, Blue Velvet, and Mulholland Dr.

The only Lynch movie I don't like is Fire Walk With Me,
You've not seen Twin Peaks have you? Even if the films not for you, you have to see the show for even a slight chance of liking it. Technically it's a prequel but the show is vital for it to work.

I think it's close to perfect. Somehow it is more insane than Inland Empire at times and somehow it's just as powerful as The Elephant Man at times.

F for Fake

I watched this once before back for the 70's countdown and was uninspired. I enjoyed it more this time around. I find it tough to gauge my feelings for this movie. I go into this movie unusually cynical, and that kills any surprise that is to be had. On the other hand, I feel that it is very cleverly done. As part documentary, I get more interested in a subject that I normally don't find very interesting. I think much of that has to do with Welles' screen presence and narration. It becomes even more interesting when familiar with his own history of fakery. There are some thought provoking points made about the perception of art as well. How the movie connects to the real stories is somewhat fascinating. I'm just not especially engaged by the whole thing. I enjoy it but not as much as I respect it.

+

Is that Peter Bogdanovich with the camera? I kind of think it is. He was hanging out with Welles around this time.
I read somewhere that he had some connection so it probably is.

The Warriors

Yes I can dig it, and The Warriors has long been one of my all time favorites. I don't know how many times I've seen it, but it's easily over 20. I believe the last time was a few years ago and it was the bastardized director's cut. I wonder if that version has resulted in some people thinking this is a futuristic movie because I never heard that before, and it's not something I see at all. Me and my buddies used to quote this movie all the time. Of course, there was always plenty of drinking involved. It's not that the dialogue is great; there's just something about it. Same with the performances because I don't think anyone would say there's great acting, yet the actors must get some credit for making all of the characters memorable. It all just works and it's a hell of a lot of fun. It doesn't hurt that it's only about 90 minutes long and it just flies by. Oh yea, the music. The score is perfect and it's accentuated by some great popular music ultimately ending with the Joe Walsh classic, In the City.

Is that Peter Bogdanovich with the camera? I kind of think it is. He was hanging out with Welles around this time.
He's only credited with a voice but i'd say yeah that's probably him.

excited for F is for Fake. Never seen a Welles but will be seeing both his touch of evil and citizen kane at the movie theater soon!