Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

Unregistered User
Speaking of Dolan's movies, first one I saw was Love, Imagine. I was bewildered. I really reommend it, if You will be watching another Dolan's movie. Your rating says You will
Than I saw about his young age, he was born in 1989! And he's done so magnificent movies already Full of emotions and real.
BTW, I realized I haven't seen I killed my mother yet. What an oversight!

Thanks for the recommendation. I'll definitely be watching more of his filmography. Super talented.

Josee, the Tiger and the fish

Me: what could be a typical sad lovestory between a humble man and girl with disability, meh i wont fall on this one, not anymore

2 hours later.....

I was able to knock out a few movies during Thanksgiving Eve/Thanksgiving Night. The first two were a compromise with the wife, since I was making her sit through a few of mine.

The only book I read out of the "Dark Tower" series was The Gunslinger. I was told by one of my friends who is a King nut and went see this in theaters to not expect anything from The Gunslinger. I think that's where this film went wrong - it was way too much way too fast, and it didn't give you any time to really care about Roland and his plight. I was shocked to see that the run time for this movie was only an hour and a half, no wonder nobody liked this. It isn't that it's a terrible film (I could have watched the Roland vs. Man in Black fight scene at the end for the entire length of the movie), it's just totally unworthy of the source material.

RATING:

Didn't know you weren't a Bergman head like the rest of us sheep. Been a while since I saw this one but think I rated it about the same. What have you seen so far?
I don't dislike him or any of his films yet, just didn't love most them. Wild Strawberries, Through a Glass Darkly, The Virgin Spring, The Seventh Seal, Persona. The latter three are all around
. To be fair though i have to see Persona again, watched it when i was tired so i don't think i followed it properly. Planning on seeing Scenes From a Marriage next, relationship breakdown films can be great and i can imagine Bergman doing a good job with it.

Welcome to the human race...
Kidnap -

Kendrick Lamar was right, it really does go Halle Berry or hallelujah.

Beautiful Girls

This was very solid. The script and performances were very good, and i like returning to the small town you grew up in films. Natalie Portman was my favourite even though her relationship with the main character creeped me out a bit.

+

I don't dislike him or any of his films yet, just didn't love most them. Wild Strawberries, Through a Glass Darkly, The Virgin Spring, The Seventh Seal, Persona. The latter three are all around
. To be fair though i have to see Persona again, watched it when i was tired so i don't think i followed it properly. Planning on seeing Scenes From a Marriage next, relationship breakdown films can be great and i can imagine Bergman doing a good job with it.
Good choice, yeah, the dialouge in Scenes is incredible. Persona just grows with me, definitely needs to be watched at least a couple times. I need to rewatch Autumn Sonata, think that is still my fave. Nothing against B&W cinematography but Bergman's compositions shine in color.

Good choice, yeah, the dialouge in Scenes is incredible. Persona just grows with me, definitely needs to be watched at least a couple times. I need to rewatch Autumn Sonata, think that is still my fave. Nothing against B&W cinematography but Bergman's compositions shine in color.
Cries and Whispers is the one i fear most haha. Heard it's great but probably his toughest to watch.

Cries and Whispers is the one i fear most haha. Heard it's great but probably his toughest to watch.
My first Bergman and I definitely was more of a mainstream watcher then. Gave it a 5, so don't worry. Probably the film that changed my viewing habits the most since coming to Mofo.

still havent knocked down my first bergman. Soon though I will.

I was surprised that Gary Oldman ended up being in this, but what you see in the trailer is pretty much what you get for two hours. Not really worth checking out.

RATING:

I feel I missed out on Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets by not watching it in theaters. Like every sci-fi Luc Besson movie, it's all about visuals. But I ended up enjoying Valerian, frankly it was just good to see Clive Owen in a movie again. I don't know if I'd be up for a sequel, but I liked it enough to where it peaked my interest in reading the source material.

RATING:

I first saw Angel Heart about ten years ago and it was a movie that I appreciated more than I enjoyed at the time. I loved the mixing of the noir/horror genre, and I really think that this movie doesn't get the attention/appreciation that it deserves. As someone who is from Louisiana (basically an hour south of New Orleans, the Voodoo stuff was filmed where I'm from), it was good to see a 1950s set New Orleans. The accents/presentation of culture isn't the greatest, but it's a helluva lot better than The Big Easy (1986) (which is basically Cajun blackface). I do have problems with the story though, and it might have been something I always missed,
WARNING: "Angel Heart" spoilers below
but if Harry Angel is Johnny Favorite, why does Cyphre send him on this goose chase looking for himself? Was it just to **** with him? Or am I overthinking it? If anyone has any insight, feel free to PM me.
I actually plan on reading Hjortsberg's novel to see if it is clarified.

But despite my problems with the film, I'm all about it.

RATING:

I was always aware of Family Enforcer, but always found excuses to not watch it. I finally bit the bullet last night, and I do not regret it. Yes, it's low budget, cheap, the camera work is uninspired, and Joseph Cortese isn't the greatest tough guy, but (first time billing) Joe Pesci and Frank Vincent both shine in this movie. I think the film's low budget works in its favor, and makes Family Enforcer feel more street level. I don't know if the lack of success lead to Ralph De Vito abandoning his career as a filmmaker (Family Enforcer is basically the poor man's Mean Streets) but I think there is enough there to appreciate De Vito's work, and I would have liked to have seen more of it.

RATING:

Welcome to the human race...
I do have problems with the story though, and it might have been something I always missed,
but if Harry Angel is Johnny Favorite, why does Cyphre send him on this goose chase looking for himself? Was it just to **** with him? Or am I overthinking it? If anyone has any insight, feel free to PM me.
I actually plan on reading Hjortsberg's novel to see if it is clarified.
Broadly speaking, yes, it is to "f*ck with him". Having Harry go on this dangerous and horrifying investigation where he keeps learning about the f*cked-up sh*t that Johnny Favorite was up to only to learn that he was Johnny all along (and that he inadvertently had sex with his own daughter on top of that) is very much the kind of twisted punishment that the Devil would inflict on someone who he (quite rightly) believed had cheated him.

Women will be your undoing, Pépé
like @Iroquois stated perfectly, that's I saw it as well, @Gangland.

Also, I have Valerian waiting for me at the library and, yeah, truly wished I caught this at the movie theater. Definitely would have been one for the 3D experience for sure.

Broadly speaking, yes, it is to "f*ck with him". Having Harry go on this dangerous and horrifying investigation where he keeps learning about the f*cked-up sh*t that Johnny Favorite was up to only to learn that he was Johnny all along (and that he inadvertently had sex with his own daughter on top of that) is very much the kind of twisted punishment that the Devil would inflict on someone who he (quite rightly) believed had cheated him.
like @Iroquois stated perfectly, that's I saw it as well, @Gangland.

Also, I have Valerian waiting for me at the library and, yeah, truly wished I caught this at the movie theater. Definitely would have been one for the 3D experience for sure.
I appreciate the responses, I probably was just overthinking the plot and was looking for something more that wasn't there.

Slow to get going, but interesting movie. What a slime Armstrong was.