Rate the last album you've heard

Tools    

Grimes - Art Angels

So this is like, experimental and pop at the same time, but I feel both those labels are misleading in this case and don't do the album justice. In truth, it's simply an album of well-made, infectiously catchy and energetic songs. I can see myself turning to it when I'm down in the future, because it's quite cheerful.
The cover looks like a manga book cover.

Also listened to those satire metal albums:

Really funny but not great musically. But their 13 genres of rock and metal song was pretty funny:

Although you have to be Brazilian and speak Portuguese to understand the cultural references (lots of references to classic Brazilian country and folk songs).

BEST ALBUM EVER. 100/100. It likes, lower the scores of all other albums ever made a bit. And the funny thing is that it was made by a group of Finnish young adults.

It's like Slayer: they are 55-60 years old whose all best songs were written when they were 20 to 25 years old.

Let the night air cool you off

Brothers and Sisters (The Allman Brothers Band; 1973)

Mama Tried (Merle Haggard; 1968)

Merle Haggard Presents His 30th Album (Merle Haggard; 1974)

Ironman (Ghostface Killah; 1996)

In the Court of the Crimson King (King Crimson; 1969)

Bitches Brew (Miles Davis; 1970)

Maiden Voyage (Herbie Hancock; 1966)

Diary of a Madman (Ozzy Osbourne; 1981)

Willy and the Poor Boys (Creedence Clearwater Revival; 1969)

Chelsea Girl (Nico; 1967)

The Queen Is Dead (The Smiths; 1986)

Electric Ladyland (The Jimi Hendrix Experience; 1968)

Sadly, I can't post the original album art here because of tittays.

Was listening to Lindsey Buckingham/Christine McVie's self-titled album released this year. I thought it lazy and lacking spark on the first listens, but it grabs you more on each listen (McVie's songs more than Buckingham's, though). Not a patch on good ol' Fleetwood Mac days, but listening Christine McVie on a new record was something I thought would never happen.

“I was cured, all right!”
Forgotten Tomb - "We Owe You Nothing" (2017)

A total let dawn!

Autopsy - Severed Survival (1989) [Reissue/Remaster 2009]

Still the best Autopsy work to date!

Skepticism - Stormcrowfleet (1995)

Incredible at every possible way!

Mayhem - Chimera (2004)

Very different from they early works but that's actually a good thing!
Incredible piece of art!

Mayhem - De Mysteriis Dom Sathanas (1994)

Black Metal greatness!

ORG Lounge - Has It Come to This? (2003)

They best work! I like to put this in my car while I'm driving!

Deep Forest - Music Detected (2002)

So great! How to not feel good with this atmospheric work?
Can´t choose between this and the Self-Titled album.

Mayhem - Esoteric Warfare (2014)

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
Forgotten Tomb - "We Owe You Nothing" (2017)
Songs to Leave is a masterpiece. Sad to see how they ended up.
Autopsy - Severed Survival (1989) [Reissue/Remaster 2009]
Mental Funeral and Macabre Eternal (!) are better.
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

“I was cured, all right!”
Songs to Leave is a masterpiece. Sad to see how they ended up.

Mental Funeral and Macabre Eternal (!) are better.
Yeah, Songs to Leave is one of the best "Depressive Black Metal" albums ever imo!

Mental Funeral is great.
I can't remember the last time I heard Macabre Eternal, it's been a long time, I remember that I hated but I'll check it out again.

Not sure how to rate these, so I won't, but these are the albums I've been listening to a lot lately.

Nicolas Jaar - Space is Only Noise

Listening to a lot of Jaar, particularly his debut and Nymphs. Thing I love about Space is Only Noise is how immensely playful much of it is.

Nicolas Jaar - Nymphs

Nymphs is just as good, and maybe even more sonically interesting, than his debut. I still have yet to explore his other albums in full, which I intend to do.

Oneohtrix Point Never - Garden of Delete

Perhaps the greatest and most innovative of our current electronic music geniuses.

Jamie XX - In Colour

Despite having a track or two I'm not crazy about, overall this album is very enjoyable, with some songs, like "SeeSaw," that I downright love.

Forest Swords - Compassion

Fantastic album, need to check out more of this guys stuff 'cause he's a great producer.

Darkthrone - Panzerfaust -

Their best! The riff in Hans siste vinter is fun to play, but my hand is a bitch when it comes to tremolo picking.

I also believe that given more listens, this CD may grow on me, but the question is: Will I desire to return to this inhospitable, frost-bitten world? Time will tell.
Update: It certainly grew on me. A
album and one of the best black metal albums ever. That being said, since posting this I also watched a couple of Varg YouTube videos from his channel and came to a conclusion he's an idiot. Figures an idiot can be a great artist, too.

Velvet STHAP IT 20 REPPS AND ITS GROWIN

I really love all these obscure albums everybody listens too. Im such a music pleb

If everything that isn't on the radio is obscure for you, then yeah, I guess all albums here are obscure.

Hate to cut the pattern of underrated music while bringing in something more mainstream.

And yes, 'Bad' was his best album.

Welcome to the human race...

Masseduction - St. Vincent

Probably need a few more listens to really determine its strength and how it ranks against her other albums, but for now I think it's an alright listen. "Hang On Me" is a good opener, "Los Ageless" is a stand-out, and "Smoking Section" definitely threw me for a loop.

I'm not old, you're just 12.
There is a LOT of stuff I've never heard of on here. But here;s what I've been listening to:

Rush - All The World's a Stage - 2112 era live album, worth listening to for some virtuoso playing. "Bastille Day" and "Anthem" are my favorites on this.

Les Claypool's Duo De Twang - Four Foot Shack - Ever wanted to know what Primus would sound like as a bluegrass band? Wonder no more. This album is pretty fun, but I don't think I'll go back to it very often.

Primus - The Desaturating Seven - Primus goes full Prog Rock on this, and it is glorious. Discordant, silly, and brilliant.

The Claypool Lennon Delirium - Lime and Limpid Green EP - Sean Lennon and Les Claypool cover some psychedelic classics like Pink Floyd and King Crimson on their second CD together, and it's a trip. Masterful.

GWAR - The Blood of Gods - GWAR can never die, and this album proves it. New lead scumdog, Blothar the Berzerker turns in a respectable first effort, and the songs are crass, vile, and hilarious, as always. Best tracks: "El Presidente," "Swarm," and "F***this Place."

https://shawnsmovienight.blogspot.com/