10 Cloverfield Lane review

→ in
Tools    

So there's a young woman is in a car wreck. She wakes up in a strange room and then she is told there's been an invasion and that there are no survivors due to an attack of radiation and that she cannot leave because of the radiation. When she starts to doubt him believing him to be a UFO nut who kidnapped her a chain of events happened that made her question whether this man is indeed telling the truth. First a strange man tries breaking into the shelter when inside he reports seeing a flash like nothing he has ever seen. But after a while of being there they start to hear cars up above and start to doubt if there even is radiation poisoning on the surface.

Then as they finally confront their host smashing him over the head with a bottle they tried to escape and then a woman with burns all over her face runs up to the bunker door screaming frantically to get in. Finally they believe in there host but after a while everything changes the young woman starts to discover things that he lied about starting with the death of his daughter. Gradually they start to see the host differently. But when he catches notion of what they're up too he turns into the monster he really is.

When the young women escapes from the shelter she soon realises there is no radiation poisoning in the air. And that the loud noises above wernt UFOs but helicopters searching for her. This would've been an amazing revelation but as a prequel to Cloverfield it couldn't take hold mainly just flirt with the idea of this twist. So then we realise the helicopters aren't looking for her at all and in fact the thing hovering above is a UFO and starts to chase her. I enjoyed Cloverfield but I feel this particular film should've been a standalone movie rather than a prequel. Mainly because I couldn't help but love the first twist they could of went with of the host being a conspiracy nut who lied and shut in his family killing them when they tried to escape.

And maybe the woman that looked like she had been burnt by radiation in actual fact was burnt by acid. And maybe she was his wife and her reasoning for trying to get in the bunker was just to save her daughter which she thought was still alive. So his reasons for kidnapping two random individuals could've been his way of substituting a family he once destroyed. And the man who witnessed those flashes could've just witnessed a terrorist attack. If the science fiction side of the film was stripped away and it became a psychological thriller and nothing more the film would've had a much greater impact. Although I wished it to be a standalone movie it made a great prequel to Cloverfield. And John Goodmans performance was stunning and his role in the film reminded me of Tim Robinson's performance in war of the worlds a very unsettling character who cannot be trusted. But in honesty I would still recommend this film to anyone it's without a doubt very entertaining

Give me all of your candy!
Cloverfield was one of my top 100 films, so when I saw this was being made, I was really excited. I knew it wasn't a sequel, but was very excited at the prospect of it being in the same world and time frame possibly. Goodman was fantastic in this, and it had some intense scenes, but overall I would give it a
. I may have to watch it again sometime just for Goodman's performance. Solid review!!!

You can't win an argument just by being right!
Cloverfield was one of my top 100 films, so when I saw this was being made, I was really excited. I knew it wasn't a sequel, but was very excited at the prospect of it being in the same world and time frame possibly. Goodman was fantastic in this, and it had some intense scenes, but overall I would give it a
. I may have to watch it again sometime just for Goodman's performance. Solid review!!!
I really enjoyed it as well, especiall Johnny goodman. I love him!!!

Really loved the twist as a bit of jolly good fun. Funny thing is I didnt like the first. The shaky cam made me sick - only just made it down the hall to the bathroom. I really liked the two younguns too.

Watched it again after an older brother kept going on about how much he hated it and all I said was along the lines of the above - I found it entertaining and the twist was fun. He didnt talk to me for 6 months LOL. What tha??? This was all in text so must have been a LiTLM - lost in translation moment. It's not like I kicked his new kitten.