Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

You can't win an argument just by being right!
A couple on vacation in Spain go to an island where the children are killing off all the adults. I've always been creeped out by evil kids, and the kids in this movie were no exception. Besides being creepy, it's a bit unsettling and has a great ending. The beginning during the opening credits seemed out of place to me, showing documentary type footage of kids suffering during wars and other horrible events. It was also hard for me not to be bothered by the couple's constant stupidity. Worst of all, the movie is ridiculously slow.[/quote]

I've always been creeped out by evil kids, and the kids in this movie were no exception.
Have you seen The Children (2008) Dani? That's really good.

Unregistered User
I have imprint memories of riding with the first kids to drive with too many people in a car going to Blockbuster music and all of the other wonderful teen mayhem alternating between stuff like this and Spacehog.

The good ole days DD.

Have you watched this yet?

Unregistered User
Life is Sweet

Only my second Leigh film i liked it. I did have trouble accepting both Aubrey and Nicola as they were ridiculously over the top, i could get over Aubrey but Nicola had the biggest emotional story in the film so it did hurt my enjoyment a bit. They were all over the top, i came to love and accept the others much more than those two though. I understand why she acted that way but it was still annoying, it was like an exaggerated version of the very worst of Eastenders. It was still enjoyable, funny and i really liked the script.

Good film. I rated it slightly higher than you did. What's the other Leigh you've seen? I think Naked is his best but Another Year was good too.

You're A Sweetheart (David Butler, 1937)
+
Sadly the same can't be said for the fillum

Wake Up And Live (Sidney Lanfield, 1937)

Sound advice from a sound enough offering

Unregistered User

Pitfall (1962)

This felt a lot closer to Teshigahara's Woman Of The Dunes so naturally I enjoyed this slightly more that The Face of Another. Its fairly bleak from start to finish and despite slow pacing at times, its tense the whole way through. The fact this is the directors debut takes it onto another level. Superb.

The Help (2011)

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
Good film. I rated it slightly higher than you did. What's the other Leigh you've seen? I think Naked is his best but Another Year was good too.
Here's some other good ones...
-Nuts in May (youtube!)
-All or Nothing
-Meantime
-Vera Drake
-Happy-Go-Lucky
-Secret & Lies
-Hard Labour (TV short)
-Career Girls

Naked, it was in my top ten at one point. I was also positive that i had seen Secrets and Lies when i was younger but i'm starting to doubt that, if i did then i don't remember it anyway.

Pump Up The Volume

This would have been a major favourite of mine if i had seen it at the right age, i know it. Like The Breakfast Club; i adore that film but i don't think it would work for me anywhere near as much as it does if i watched it for the first time now. Now i think i'm at that age that some of the goofiness and silliness of something like this gets to me, the scenes of his show were fantastic but some of the other drama wasn't for me. Teenage rebellion comes across pretty corny and awkward to me now, the entertainment and some touching scenes were what mostly worked for me, would also say it's pretty quotable. I don't really think Slater is a good actor, he has loads of personality though even if he does ape Nicholson a tonne. I love him in this, Heathers and Mr Robot; he's just likeable in his energy and goofy charisma. The one thing against him here is funnily enough that i can't buy him as a shy person; i can accept that a shy person could transform under anonymity but they'd have to be that way inclined and it's not in Slater's nature. As Harry he was great though. Definitely a cheesy film but it was enjoyable.

Welcome to the human race...

Alien vs. Predator -

Considerably better than I remember, though that may just be because I still remember how atrocious Requiem is in comparison.

The Bib-iest of Nickels

I wrote a whole 1,200 word review on it, but I'll save that and bring the "bullet-points" to the table when I discuss it with my older brother on our Podcast. I didn't like the film though, at all.

Tokyo tower: mom and me, and sometimes dad

Been a while for movie led me introspecting some points of my life. cant be care how much its flaws or dramatized or even for rating

-Nuts in May (youtube!)
That's hilarious. I only saw it a couple of years ago.

Fantastic as well. Sally Hawkins and Eddie Marsan are so good.

My favourite of his films, and actually in my top 10 at the moment.

Happy Together

This was pretty solid, not a favourite though. I'd say i like it a bit more than 2046 but my top three are significantly higher, need to see Fallen Angels again to know what i think. Good performances and i loved the cinematography. Wasn't able to connect with the relationship much which was obviously a problem in a film about a troubled relationship. For me it was like watching Before Midnight without having seen Sunrise or Sunset; getting dropped into a relationship that is in trouble without having been given a reason to feel anything about it. Guess that's not what it was about but some scenes showing them happy together (not a pun i swear haha) would have improved this for me. Think it's definitely a good portrayal of a very destructive relationship but i wasn't that invested in it.

+