Song Tournament XXV

Tools    

8 PLAYERS, 128 SONGS!

Tie breakers will be requested as needed.

ROUND 1 IS ON IT'S WAY!
“Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place and I don't care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't about how hard ya hit. It's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. How much you can take and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!” ~ Rocky Balboa

Women will be your undoing, Pépé
ROUND 1 DAY 1

Anne Murray - Can I Have This Dance for the Rest of My Life VS. Danny Brown - Pneumonia
quite the endearing, romantic song by Anne

Jimmy Soul-If You Want to Be Happy VS. Linkin Park - From The Inside
"never make a pretty woman your wife" Always loved this song

Michael Kiwanuka-Cold Little Heart VS. Eartha Kitt - I Want to be Evil
Cold Little Heart IS pretty good but I do love Eartha

Julie London - Cry Me A River VS. Foo Fighters - Dirty Water
always been on the fence with Foo Fighters

Sammy Hagar - Winner Takes It All VS. Spring - Grail
couldn't really pick between the two; Sammy has way better songs than this

Beyonce - Sweet Dreams VS. Oneohtrix Point Never (feat. Iggy Pop) - The Pure and the Damned
much more life with Beyonce

David Guetta ft. Kelly Rowland - When Love Takes Over VS. Linkin Park - Papercut
really enjoyed the first but this is one of my favorites from Linkin Park

Gary Allan - Forever and a Day VS. Hooverphonic - 2wicky
Both are actually pretty good and in the end, Forever slipped into first for me

Anne Murray - Can I Have This Dance for the Rest of My Life VS. Danny Brown - Pneumonia

Beyonce - Sweet Dreams VS. Oneohtrix Point Never (feat. Iggy Pop) - The Pure and the Damned

David Guetta ft. Kelly Rowland - When Love Takes Over VS. Linkin Park - Papercut

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
ROUND 1 DAY 1

Jimmy Soul-If You Want to Be Happy VS. Linkin Park - From The Inside (Where have I heard that Jimmy Soul song before? Was it in a movie, TV show, or commercial?)

Michael Kiwanuka-Cold Little Heart VS. Eartha Kitt - I Want to be Evil (This was a tough choice because I liked both songs.)

Julie London - Cry Me A River VS. Foo Fighters - Dirty Water (I was enjoying the Foo Fighters song until about 3 minutes into the song when it switched to loud, banging music.)

Sammy Hagar - Winner Takes It All VS. Spring - Grail (Well that vote even surprised me. )

ROUND 1 DAY 1

ROUND 1 DAY 1

Was about to vote Anne Murray, but that rap song's kind of sick.

Tough call. I can't say I like either song, but I always found that first song a bit insulting (back when I was ugly af, AND when I started looking a little better. )

EARTHAAAA!!!!!!

Julie London has one of my fav voices, so automatic vote here!

Easiest vote so far.

Oh my god, what even is the first track?

Yay Belgians heavy on the Isaac Hayes sampling!

ROUND 1 DAY 1Jimmy Soul-If You Want to Be Happy VS. Linkin Park - From The Inside (Where have I heard that Jimmy Soul song before? Was it in a movie, TV show, or commercial?)
It was in Clean and Sober with Michael Keaton and I nominated it a couple of years ago.

ROUND 1 DAY 1

Anne Murray - Can I Have This Dance for the Rest of My Life VS. Danny Brown - Pneumonia-Maybe I'm just getting old.

Jimmy Soul-If You Want to Be Happy VS. Linkin Park - From The Inside-There's a lot of truth in the first song if you look at it the right way. I like Linkin' Park but I've heard them so much in these tourneys that I fret I'm getting sick of them.

Michael Kiwanuka-Cold Little Heart VS. Eartha Kitt - I Want to be Evil-I normally don't like anything new or different unless I can relate it to some kind of experience. The first is the theme to a show I just watched.

Julie London - Cry Me A River VS. Foo Fighters - Dirty Water-I don't actually hate The Foo Fighters but I usually find their music to be uninspiring.

Sammy Hagar - Winner Takes It All VS. Spring - Grail-Although I enjoyed the first, I thought it was corny as hell. The other is something new for me, and it reminded me of Traffic.

Beyonce - Sweet Dreams VS. Oneohtrix Point Never (feat. Iggy Pop) - The Pure and the Damned-I'm trying but it's very hard for someone like me to get into a song like the first. I didn't hate it at least.

David Guetta ft. Kelly Rowland - When Love Takes Over VS. Linkin Park - Papercut-Both are ok and ultimately it's one style that I prefer.

Gary Allan - Forever and a Day VS. Hooverphonic - 2wicky-I'm starting to enjoy country more but found that first song to be generic.

ROUND 1 DAY 1

Sammy Hagar - Winner Takes It All VS. Spring - Grail-Although I enjoyed the first, I thought it was corny as hell. The first is something new for me, and it reminded me of Traffic.
(I think you meant second, here?) It's a bit like Traffic, yeah!!! Rare to find this on vinyl, gotta tell ya. I love Spring. I saw one user ask about them in shout. Forgot who it was, but it FLOORED me to see Spring mentioned at all here!

(I think you meant second, here?) It's a bit like Traffic, yeah!!! Rare to find this on vinyl, gotta tell ya. I love Spring. I saw one user ask about them in shout. Forgot who it was, but it FLOORED me to see Spring mentioned at all here!
Yep, it was the second that reminded me of Traffic.

ROUND 1 DAY 1

The second was crazy and weird. I liked it

Not big on either one, but Jimmy Soul sounded cooler

Not big on either one, but Michael Kiwanuka sounded cooler

That's a new song by Foo Fighters and it sounds great, especially the second half. Julie London sounded sweet

Sammy Hagar's song is filled with 80's cheesiness and testosterone, much like the Stallone film Over The Top that it's taken from

Can't stand Beyonce. The second was not too great, but passable

That is my favorite Linkin Park song

Didn't like either one, but country is just not my thing overall

Julie London - Cry Me A River VS. Foo Fighters - Dirty Water (I was enjoying the Foo Fighters song until about 3 minutes into the song when it switched to loud, banging music.)
That's the best part of that Foo Fighters song!

ROUND 1 DAY 2

Linkin Park ft Daron Malakian - Rebellion VS. Papa Roach - Last Resort
Prefer the first.

Air Supply - Making Love Out Of Nothing At All VS. Mel Tillis - Who's Julie
My vote goes to a classic here.

Randy Travis - What'll You Do About Me VS. Róisín Murphy - Gone Fishing
Easy vote. Róisín Murphy's a genius.

Imagine Dragons "Demons" VS. Arca - Reverie
Interesting. I like it.

The Knife - We Share Our Mother's Health VS. REO Speedwagon-Roll with the Changes
Love The Knife, and that whole album is killer.

Marilyn Manson - Welcome to the Dope Show VS. Linkin Park - Shadow Of The Day
Marilyn has the edge.

Sponge - Plowed VS. Dua Lipa - Be The One
The second is sung by a very beautiful girl, but that's all I can say about it.

James Ferraro - Linden Dollars VS. Roxette - Dangerous
Oh my god, Roxette.

ROUND 1 DAY 2

Linkin Park ft Daron Malakian - Rebellion VS. Papa Roach - Last Resort-Didn't know the second song by title or artist, but I do know it and I like it.

Air Supply - Making Love Out Of Nothing At All VS. Mel Tillis - Who's Julie-The first is good for a crappy sappy ballad but I give the country a slight edge.

Randy Travis - What'll You Do About Me VS. Róisín Murphy - Gone Fishing-Haven't actually heard much I like from Nancy Travis. Not that I was crazy about the other one.

Imagine Dragons "Demons" VS. Arca - Reverie-I didn't mind either.

The Knife - We Share Our Mother's Health VS. REO Speedwagon-Roll with the Changes-Keep on Rolling!

Marilyn Manson - Welcome to the Dope Show VS. Linkin Park - Shadow Of The Day-I liked both.

Sponge - Plowed VS. Dua Lipa - Be The One-I didn't mind the second at all but I liked the first.

James Ferraro - Linden Dollars VS. Roxette - Dangerous-I didn't care much for the Roxette song but at least I once liked it a little. The other song ended while I was waiting for it to start. It sounded like something that would play during a commercial.

Women will be your undoing, Pépé
ROUND 1 DAY 2

goin with the sappy crappy one

Imagine Dragons "Demons"
VS. Arca - Reverie

The Knife - We Share Our Mother's Health VS. REO Speedwagon-Roll with the Changes

ROUND 1 DAY 2

Cut my life into pieces...this is an easy vote

Sappy crappy what? Air Supply might be soft rock but they kick ass and balls, and that song of theirs is possibly the most powerful ballad ever written (It's actually written by Jim Steinman, the same guy who wrote most of Meatloaf's classics, and Bonnie Tyler's Total Eclipse of the Heart)

Róisín Murphy's got soul and class

Imagine Dragons "Demons"
VS.Arca - Reverie
I spent a minute staring at a guy's bare ass and listening to some really weird **** with that second one. Disturbing. The first is a song I've always liked

Knife sounds good, but we need to roll with the changes

That Linkin Park song is really good, but the first is Marilyn doing what he does best. Glam and shock.

I've recently rediscovered that first song, and it kicks ass

Roxette kicked ass back in the day with their fun, infectious and catchy as hell pop classics. Dangerous is one of my favorites