2017 MoFo Fantasy Football Season

Tools    

The NFL is such a joke. So my guy gets into a fight, doesn't get kicked out of the game and gets suspended this week. Chris's guy gets kicked out of his game and doesn't get suspended. So... if you're gonna get into a fight. Keep going until they kick you out of the game.

Heh. On consecutive weeks we had what looked like big, epic matchups among the top teams: first between Captain and PW, then between Captain and me...and both have been pretty crappy.

I'll probably pull this one out, since New England needs 14 points (and their season high is 11), but it's definitely close enough to make me think of last week, and wonder whether I'll be suffering another hilariously improbable last-second loss.

I think this is the third week in a row that I've lost players in the first quarter. It comes in bursts. Carson and Cook were either the same weekend or a week apart as well earlier in the season. Frowney face.

Heh. On consecutive weeks we had what looked like big, epic matchups among the top teams: first between Captain and PW, then between Captain and me...and both have been pretty crappy.

I'll probably pull this one out, since New England needs 14 points (and their season high is 11), but it's definitely close enough to make me think of last week, and wonder whether I'll be suffering another hilariously improbable last-second loss.
That Patriots/Broncos game was a fine example of how fantasy football can greatly enhance the viewing experience and raise the stakes of an otherwise crappy game. A huge blowout, yet I was on the edge of my seat until the final whistle just hoping for one turnover or sack to squeeze out the victory. At least I made you sweat.

Hopefully my team can bust out of this little mini-slump and put up a much better showing should we meet again in a few weeks. Surely by then Sean Payton will have received my memo about eliminating all these damn rushing TDs. If they're going to score, do it via Drew Brees's arm. 47 points and Brees doesn't throw a single touchdown? No. Just no.

That Patriots/Broncos game was a fine example of how fantasy football can greatly enhance the viewing experience and raise the stakes of an otherwise crappy game. A huge blowout, yet I was on the edge of my seat until the final whistle just hoping for one turnover or sack to squeeze out the victory. At least I made you sweat.
Yeah, that's a great point. And yes, I was actually watching it, too. I figured another INT was more likely than a sack given the lead, but yeah, could've easily flipped.

Hopefully my team can bust out of this little mini-slump and put up a much better showing should we meet again in a few weeks. Surely by then Sean Payton will have received my memo about eliminating all these damn rushing TDs. If they're going to score, do it via Drew Brees's arm. 47 points and Brees doesn't throw a single touchdown? No. Just no.
I saw the score, and then Brees' line, and my brain threw a little fit, because it didn't seem plausible.

Football is dumb. Been sayin' it for years.

Speaking of "football is dumb," I think the part of the game that'll never stop being annoying is the dice roll of which fliers pan out and which ones don't. There are, like, 3-4 startable guys right now on other teams that I had on my roster and knew full well had lots of upside, and was in on very early. But in multiple cases I had to cut them for better options literally days before pieces of news broke (basically random in timing) that would've led me to keep them. Bleh.

On that note, wanna thank my buddy Spuddy for choosing this particular week to put up what's projected to be his highest total of the year. Goodtimes.

This year has been frustrating, but trying to hang in there.

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
Disappointed I didn't have time to take part in a league this year. I think I only had time to watch one game this season. LOL!
The life of a Wal-Martian (if you are still there)

A system of cells interlinked
Blimey, my team is either red hot, or ice cold, depending on the week. This week is all fire...

Whew, that was close. Doug Baldwin almost beat me on that one TD catch late in the 4th quarter after not doing much of anything the rest of the game. Thankfully the game didn't go to OT, or I probably would've lost. Hell, I might still lose if a stat correction bites me in the ass.

The Empire (Fabulous) is putting up some scary totals lately.

Whew, that was close. Doug Baldwin almost beat me on that one TD catch late in the 4th quarter after not doing much of anything the rest of the game. Thankfully the game didn't go to OT, or I probably would've lost. Hell, I might still lose if a stat correction bites me in the ass.
Yeah, that's up there. Gonna make it into the record books, for sure. Will try to remember to pop back in and let you know just how high up the Lowest Margin of Victory ranks it got.

The Empire (Fabulous) is putting up some scary totals lately.
Yeah, that's one of the things I was thinking of when I mentioned the frustrating randomness of fliers. I drafted Kamara and was on the hype train a fair bit, but there's the usual roster crunch in the first couple of weeks, and I think I dropped him like a day before some key personnel shift. Just rotten timing that's rippled throughout the year.

Some record book entries this past week:
  • @Sedai;'s 172.34 points was the seventh-highest in league history, and is the highest in the last six years. Wow.
  • @Captain Spaulding;'s 0.50-point victory over @Piledriver was the 9th-closest ever. Pete has now been on the losing end of four of the top six closest matches in league history.
  • @Halfangel337 and @seanc put up the 14th and 24th lowest scores in league history, respectively.
  • The @Halfangel337 and @Powdered Water matchup had the 15th-lowest combined score.