Death of a Celebrity that'll floor you

Tools    

I've been browsing some 'RIP/*Insert Celebrity* Died' threads. And I've also been seeing some bare humanity in all of these.

It's truly a beautiful thing to read the way these unfortunate losses affect you all, in many different ways. It's really upsetting when someone you've looked up to and admired is suddenly gone. Which got me thinking, If there was any passing of a particular figure in the entertainment industry that would hurt you emotionally; what would that be? I'm already certain what mine is...

I'd be struggling to hold back waves of tears. Seriously, the world honestly doesn't need this, at least not right now. And I have a strange feeling this could happen very soon, and I don't want it to. Especially after his Girlfriend's Suicide that left him an emotional wreck. Plus, the wild accusations that he supplied some medication to her that she would eventually use for her own demise. This could be just as bad as Robin Williams was for me; maybe even worse.

And I repeat, this is not to gossip or flaunt whom we think will die. I suppose you can call this a protection blanket; one that's drenched in honesty. It's just a place where we can talk about these sort of things.

I don't want him to go. I feel like this decade has been The Dead Pool. So many greats have fallen while so many mediocre talents have thrived. Carrey may be a goofball and come off pretentious, but he's a top notch artist and always made me bust a gut watching his earlier films like Ace Ventura, Dumb and Dumber, My, Myself and Irene, etc. There's real gold in those performances. Say what you will about the B grade films surrounding those performances, but talent is talent.

Philip Seymour Hoffman is gone, that was a huge blow to acting. MCA from Beastie Boys is gone. That was a huge blow to hip hop/hardcore music, as well as his budding film chops.

Too many are dying. I for one won't make a list, though. I do not want to tempt fate.

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
@Sexy Celebrity
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

Dave Grohl would probably be the biggest loss, because when he goes that's pretty much it for Rock N' Roll. Right now you've got Springsteen(68), Jagger (74), and McCartney(75) but you kinda expect them to go and they haven't out out anything new.

Saw a short part of a recent interview with Carrey and i definitely got the impression that he is going to die soon. Was so tough to watch, feel really bad for him.

Still getting over the deaths of Carrie Fisher and Chris Cornell. Will likely never get over the death of Chris Cornell really... Or Stevie Ray Vaughan and he died almost 30 years ago.

This might just do nobody any good.
There’s a greatly revered director that’s got to be thisclose to kicking it.

The reactions online will be exhausting.

There’s a greatly revered director that’s got to be thisclose to kicking it.

The reactions online will be exhausting.
Scorsese?

He's only five years older than Spielberg and he's tiny. The small ones tend to live forever(Burns, White, Lee, Rooney) so he could be around for another 20 years I think he easily outlives Coppola and Lucas.

Scorsese was the other one who came to mind, think he'll live for another decade at least but you never know. Thought i read somewhere Lynch was having health problems so that's why i thought of him, may be mixing it up with something else though.

It's truly a beautiful thing to read the way these unfortunate losses affect you all, in many different ways. It's really upsetting when someone you've looked up to and admired is suddenly gone. Which got me thinking, If there was any passing of a particular figure in the entertainment industry that would hurt you emotionally; what would that be? I'm already certain what mine is...
I expect to be upset when Tom Baker goes, and I was sad when John Hurt died.

I had a really odd (meaning obscure, surprising and with nothing to base it on) premonition of a celebrity death the other night and now I can't remember who it was.
That makes me think it's most probably a real premonition!

I realize this post is pointless, which is the point.
I'm like a superhero with one of the world's most stupid super powers - I have premonitions, but bad short term memory and can't remember them to tell anybody what's going to happen!

Martin Scorsese has only one or two movies left to make, and then he passes away from cancer.
David Lynch gets a disease and goes to some country where they allow people to die via euthanasia. He does not have much time left, either. The Twin Peaks revival is meant to be his swan song.
Tom Hanks will live until his ‘90s, possibly even reaching 100 or more, thanks to advances in science and health related matters.
I’m just playing “psychic.” I do not claim to know the truth. I just know I’ve been right before about some stuff, like Carrie Fisher. It’s an experiment to see if I can tap into... another dimension... the future.
I apologize If this is only meant to be mentioned in passing/in response to other posts. But considering they seem like statements or "predictions."

If that's the case, I'm upset to say that your "experiment" will be canceled. How would these affect you? What would be your reaction? Discuss what the industry will do, or how it would be without them--for god sake.

Sorry SC, but like I said earlier: this is not to gossip or flaunt whom we think will die.

To be rather honest, this year for deaths wasn't that harsh like last year was.

Adam West, Jerry Lewis, Roger Moore, Harry Dean Stanton, and Martin Landau all died at a very old age. They lived extensive, productive, and happy lives. They could've passed abruptly way earlier, but they didn't.

When they die extremely young, It's unfathomably horrifying, depressing, and above all: tragic. But for me, the open wound is especially deeper when they're cut off in the later-midst of their life. They've already made an impact on our culture, and our world. And when a legendary, game-changing, renaissance god-like musician like David Bowie leaves; It hurts. You don't want them to go. And they leave when you least expected them to.

Sure, some people go on about: "Wow, this person is turning 60, he's going to die anytime soon!" (In regard to anyone.) But I never saw too many people speak about Bowie like that. Much like Michael Jackson, a select few would go on about how (speculation) he was "Dying." But when It actually happens, It's too hard to believe, and hurts you a little.

But that's human nature, such a beautiful thing.

I THOUGHT JIM CARREY DIED! DAMN YOU OP
I'm so sorry If I mislead you.

Even on the 1st of April, I would never do something like that.