Star Wars: Episode VIII – The Last Jedi

Tools    

Must admit these trailers don't fill me with confidence, the film does seem to have carried over much of the style of TFA for me which I largely found to be a disappointing simplification of the original films both in terms of generally simplified visuals and cartoonish over acting.

"Grimace harder for your extreme fight closeup!"

That elusive hide-and-seek cow is at it again
*trips on a Marksman-H combat remote*

God, that’s the nerdiest post I’ve made yet.
I will like that one, respectfully.

This might just do nobody any good.
Now this is something I can get excited about:

Rian Johnson developing a new Star Wars trilogy.

... Johnson will create a brand-new Star Wars trilogy, the first of which he is also set to write and direct...

In shepherding this new trilogy, which is separate from the episodic Skywalker saga, Johnson will introduce new characters from a corner of the galaxy that Star Wars lore has never before explored.
A spin-off series that won’t rely on pre-established characters. A real chance to mine the creative depths and having Johnson in charge is a great first step.

I must also say that handing him the keys to kingdom really gives me a boost in confidence towards The Last Jedi.

Do you think there s any chance Han Solo can rise from the ( presumed) dead and return?

Mebbe there was a trampoline at the bottom of that chasm.😄

I'm not excited for the Last Jedi nor for any future Star Wars trilogy.
But I'll still watch them in cinema, and perhaps still do a cosplay for it, just for fun.
Other than being fun, there's nothing to say much about from the prequel until now. They keep the name SW, but the characters and the feel of it is different.

we see in the trailer a hand and rey asking a place for herself, is she gonna turn to the dark side??

Just checked the listings at my local cinema.

They've cancelled all other movies, and they're showing only The Last Jedi, on every one of the 8 screens, for the entirety of the 3 day opening weekend.

Getting together with my family to watch this.

Yay.

Hellloooo Cindy - Scary Movie (2000)
Hype train has started. Already getting positive comments from those “critics” fortunate enough to have been given advanced private viewings with perks and contracts about positive only reviews.

You can't win an argument just by being right!
Hype train has started. Already getting positive comments from those “critics” fortunate enough to have been given advanced private viewings with perks and contracts about positive only reviews.
Yeah but imagine being someone rocking into Rodent's cinema and wanting to see amovie and all they see allweekend is this. All of a sudden they pull out a worn out light sabre and start slashing to death a couple of ewoks

Hellloooo Cindy - Scary Movie (2000)
Yeah but imagine being someone rocking into Rodent's cinema and wanting to see amovie and all they see allweekend is this. All of a sudden they pull out a worn out light sabre and start slashing to death a couple of ewoks
Yea and then the ewoks start coming back to life and multiplying and then the lightsaber runs out of fuel as it’s fueled by peanut butter and there’s a peanut butter shortage.

You can't win an argument just by being right!
Lol. And the jelly seeksrevenge.

I just had a complerte stranger tell me her daughter wanted to go to the midnight screening on thursday night and she point blank refused incase Jar Jar made a revival

“Sugar is the most important thing in my life…”
I can see the Ewok / Gremlins angle being viable.

We've gone on holiday by mistake
When does the review embargo get lifted?

I'm going wed midnight again. I don't know anything really going in which is good, I was spoilered for Han last time. I think Leia will die for obvious reasons, Hope they don't kill Luke though. Feel free to get rid of C3PO though Disney.

Is it me or is the reaction very much the same of The Force Awakens?

As its being released, it gets nothing but glowing reviews, but step back into it 6 months to a year later and you start nitpicking all the bad, and it turns out to be 3rd or 4th on the list.

I get the feeling we're about to have the same here for Episode 8.

I'm not excited for the Last Jedi nor for any future Star Wars trilogy.
But I'll still watch them in cinema, and perhaps still do a cosplay for it, just for fun.
Other than being fun, there's nothing to say much about from the prequel until now. They keep the name SW, but the characters and the feel of it is different.
I agree to an extent.

The Sequel Trilogy just feels to me like added extras. You don't really need to know this story as Return Of The Jedi has the perfect ending. The six films are a complete story and each trilogy serve each other well. So far, ST hasn't bridged that connection thus far and feels unnessacary to the whole story.

Eh. The first Star Wars is a complete journey in and of itself.

We've gone on holiday by mistake
Is it me or is the reaction very much the same of The Force Awakens?

As its being released, it gets nothing but glowing reviews, but step back into it 6 months to a year later and you start nitpicking all the bad, and it turns out to be 3rd or 4th on the list.

I get the feeling we're about to have the same here for Episode 8.
The answer is hard to know until you have seen it for yourself. Even if I personally rank TFA 4th out of 7 it's a hell of a lot closer to 3 than 5.

Just think we re hopefully about to get a full powered Luke Jedi ****ing Master Skywalker in a movie. We had better get a Yoda level Badass though or I will be pissed off.