Once Upon a Time in Hollywood

→ in
Tools    

You can't win an argument just by being right!
Woody harrelson would be my choice

This might just do nobody any good.
Expect someone out of left field. Besides, Charlie may not be a character in the film at all. Just a presence.

I’d suggest Emile Hirsch, though.

It seems it’s come down to Paramount, Sony and Warner Bros. in the bidding war:

http://variety.com/2017/film/news/qu...on-1202614085/

Rather hilariously, Warner Bros. adorned their administration building with 60s memorabilia on the day of their meeting with Tarantino.

David Hayman has boarded the film as its main producer and I got to imagine it’ll give WB the edge, given his history as the Harry Potter producer.

It’s been confirmed that the film isn’t specifically about Manson, rather the whole of 1969. Someone compared the structure to Pulp Fiction so I guess that means interlinked stories dealing with the acts. There are two male leads, we know Leonardo DiCaprio and Brad Pitt were contacted but, now, also Tom Cruise. Margot Robbie is still QT’s choice to play Sharon Tate, Jennifer Lawrence is being eyed for a different part (suspected to be one of Manson’s girls).

I love the idea of Cruise working Tarantino. He’s disappearing into his own perception and this could be project to pull him out. Guy can be brilliant.

I would want Viggo Mortensen to star as the main character, considering that there was (solid) rumors about him in the last Tarantino movie. But Tom Cruise is a good choice too. I think his acting is more edgy and more natural than both Leo and Pitt. (I'm actually a fan of Pitt and not of Tom, but I have to say it objectively.)

You need stylized acting in a Tarantino film and I think Leo and Pitt have been brilliant at that when they worked with Quentin in the past. Tom could no doubt pull it off as well, though.

The truth is in here
I'm way more excited for this than Kill Bill 3. I loved Kill Bill Vol. 1, but the second one wasn't nearly as good. I actually liked The Hateful Eight, but I'm glad he's trying something really different for him. Can't freaking wait!

Tom Cruise in a Tarantino movie. With Brad Pitt, Sam Jackson, and Leo DiCaprio possibly joining the cast...

Now, we're talking!

Bring it on, QT!
“Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place and I don't care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't about how hard ya hit. It's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. How much you can take and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!” ~ Rocky Balboa

Like 90% of that guys life has been in institutions, most of his childhood was spent in reform schools and youth prisons. Good riddance if he does die but still what a horrible existence.

Timely.

Plot details and other info, per Vanity Fair (Sony won the bidding war).

”Set in Los Angeles in the summer of 1969, Tarantino’s upcoming movie, according to a source who read the script, focuses on a male TV actor who’s had one hit series and his looking for a way to get into the film business. His sidekick—who’s also his stunt double—is looking for the same thing. The horrific murder of Sharon Tate and four of her friends by Charles Manson’s cult of followers serves as a backdrop to the main story.”

I'm guessing the main tv actor character will encounter Manson and his followers, probably take lsd with them and have sex with some of the girls or whatever. Has it actually been confirmed that Manson is in it? You could make this film without him since he wasn't there for the Tate-La Bianca killings. Think he probably is but haven't seen it confirmed by anyone involved with the film unless i've missed it.

Tom Cruise in a Tarantino movie. With Brad Pitt, Sam Jackson, and Leo DiCaprio possibly joining the cast...

Now, we're talking!

Bring it on, QT!
That would be interesting, I don't think Brad Pitt like's Tom Cruise.. and didn't want to work with him again after interview with a vampire reportedly saying I'm the type of guy you bump into, Tom's the type of guy that bumps into you... I totally get that but I imagine if anybody could bring them together it would be QT

Release date is August 9th, 2019. 50 years after the fact.

It’s rumored the movie will also be titled “9th”.