Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

Hmm, interesting.

What if he went back because he knew the two thugs were of weaker constitution than himself, and he had to protect the operation's identity. So, he would kill the two thugs, and knew the he-himself would keep quiet, even though he was gong to be incarcerated. Because, now that I think of it, that whole thing with the American flag...I don't remember one hanging over his door at his house, let alone inside. Maybe I'll re-check the film for that. But he could've just been letting the detective run his mouth and not disagree, and in fact egg him on, to keep the sentence reduced to 4-5 yrs, even though it turns into 7, which he is clearly really pissed off about when he finds out. (?)
Definitely possible and either way the detective was trying to butter him up, that then brings up that he left his wife in that house surely knowing that guy wasn't going to be happy about the money he lost. It then makes zero sense that he didn't take a deal and go into witsec; or if he was to keep his mouth shut he should have at least got his pregnant wife far away. I dunno i found that first 50 minutes horrendous outside of the police thing anyway, but glad you found something more in it.

Take Shelter (Jeff Nichols, 2011)
+
Storming drama that's very nicely imagined indeed

Definitely possible and either way the detective was trying to butter him up, that then brings up that he left his wife in that house surely knowing that guy wasn't going to be happy about the money he lost. It then makes zero sense that he didn't take a deal and go into witsec; or if he was to keep his mouth shut he should have at least got his pregnant wife far away. I dunno i found that first 50 minutes horrendous outside of the police thing anyway, but glad you found something more in it.
No, you're bringing up great and valid points. You're right. It doesn't make good sense what he did.

Another thing I noticed was that how the script kind of kissed his ass with the guards commenting on his height, and the block officer commenting on his muscle...I didn't see much muscle in the shirtless scenes..but he does have a big frame..I thought that was kind of goofy.

No, you're bringing up great and valid points. You're right. It doesn't make good sense what he did.

Another thing I noticed was that how the script kind of kissed his ass with the guards commenting on his height, and the block officer commenting on his muscle...I didn't see much muscle in the shirtless scenes..but he does have a big frame..I thought that was kind of goofy.
Yeah that was weird.

That reminds me of probably my favourite line in the film (paraphrasing):

Vince: You don't do what i say and i'll kill them both.
Random Prisoner: Oh he'll do it...and he'll do it efficiently.

Yeah that was weird.

That reminds me of probably my favourite line in the film (paraphrasing):

Vince: You don't do what i say and i'll kill them both.
Random Prisoner: Oh he'll do it...and he'll do it efficiently.

Yup, haha!

It definitely had fun with itself, the movie did.

But geez, he used his foot to sever a guy's head? Is that even possible?

"I'm a tall drink of water, gotta stretch my shlt out!"

Yup, haha!

It definitely had fun with itself, the movie did.

But geez, he used his foot to sever a guy's head? Is that even possible?

"I'm a tall drink of water, gotta stretch my shlt out!"
haha very little of what he did was possible i think. There was definitely a man of steel thing going on when someone punched him or hit him with a baton his face would snap back into place, was silly because there was rarely any evidence that he had just been hit. The only thing that could hurt him was the stun bell and the only thing that could take him down was a combination of the stun bell and being hit with a steel chair

haha very little of what he did was possible i think. There was definitely a man of steel thing going on when someone punched him or hit him with a baton his face would snap back into place, was silly because there was rarely any evidence that he had just been hit. The only thing that could hurt him was the stun bell and the only thing that could take him down was a combination of the stun bell and being hit with a steel chair
It's fun y because in the beginning, the two thugs were able to subdue him with a few hits to the gut and head when they took the guns and walked to their police demise...must be the rage he felt about his wife and kid..superhuman powers

First time viewing this? I like that 10/10 --- this has been a Top 10 of mine for years.
I think it was my first time, though I'm not entirely sure. I've also seen "Queimada" (with Marlon Brando) from Pontecorvo, but I don't recall it being as good as this.

The Last Word (2017)

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
I think it was my first time, though I'm not entirely sure. I've also seen "Queimada" (with Marlon Brando) from Pontecorvo, but I don't recall it being as good as this.
I saw Burn! twice, and I agree.. It's very political, but just not that engaging, even though Brando is my favorite actor...

I have the movie on VHS, but my library has "The Battle of Algiers" on DVD, and there are about 3-4 discs just for the special features, which I almost checked out last week after getting some books... Did you see the special features?

2/3 of it verrrrrry slow (like drive) which I really like because for me it makes me super tense because I know payoff is coming, then boom!

The pay off in BT is Holy Ef!!!

Please excuse my potty mouth. This endng left me very shaken and disturbed, Doc
This is a testament to your integrity, Miss Dani. But I did already figure that BT was not my type of film...

Cheers,
~Doc

You can't win an argument just by being right!
Oh thank you, What's up Doc. I dont actually like swearing but sometimes it has it's place depending on who you're talking to. I dont mean you are a swearer, ofcourse , butn it doesnt feel as offensive when it been self censored on a forum if you know what I mean. I dont believe I've ever seen you swear even. You have strong opinionswhich I love even when we have a different pov about a movie but yourwritten word is pretty clean.

BT - you read 'it's not a film for everyon' on social media, A LOT! but this movie is definitely not amovie for everyone. Those last few minutes (maybe 20 minutes) arenincredibly brutal. I'm pretty well desensitised because last time I was studying at uni was only about 6 years ago and the final exams really stressed me out so I asked a girlfriend to recommend a stack of horror films, including extreme horror, to blow off some steam. I cant remember if this wasn one of them but yeah, left me pretty wide eyed and disturbed .

That's enough rambling. I'm on lovely morphine at the moment - even more than usual and it makes me rambI. I hope you're havinv a great day!lel. Sorry about my dreadful typing. I'll be back to my less dreadful typing by the time I go home.'s

Young And Innocent (Alfred Hitchcock, 1937)

As opposed to old and guilty .... of having enjoyed it

Jamaica Inn (Alfred Hitchcock, 1939)

Perfectly acceptable for an overnight stay but not really conducive to a whole vacation