The MoFo Desktop Thread

Tools    

Here's my desktop, looking at it now, I think I am due for a change. Maybe I'll start looking...
Attachments
Click image for larger version

Name:	eyzaathe.jpg
Views:	265
Size:	253.0 KB
ID:	3323  
Infinitely suffering thing.
T.S Eliot, "Preludes"

You ready? You look ready.
Hey, just because some kids don't change their socks for six months that doesn't give you the right to make fun of me. I mean my friend.
"This is that human freedom, which all boast that they possess, and which consists solely in the fact, that men are conscious of their own desire, but are ignorant of the causes whereby that desire has been determined." -Baruch Spinoza

Kaiser "The Devil" Soze
I did not clean up my desktop because I had something to hide or what not I keep it this way because I like the way it looks, the uncluttered, clean look.
Attachments

Name:	soze desktop.JPG
Views:	271
Size:	33.3 KB
ID:	3336  

A system of cells interlinked
Desk at home right now....
Attachments

Name:	Desk.jpg
Views:	274
Size:	135.4 KB
ID:	3384  

this is my desktop
Attachments

Name:	desktop.JPG
Views:	306
Size:	97.3 KB
ID:	3488  

The Adventure Starts Here!
Here's mine currently. It's a screenshot of the upcoming Myst IV: Revelation game. Demo was great. I'm such a Myst fan, and I love their high-quality screenshots. Great background pics.
Attachments

Name:	mydesk.JPG
Views:	272
Size:	43.4 KB
ID:	3490  

Originally Posted by SamsoniteDelila
Oh, that's cool!
I'm a MYST fan myself, though I can't figure them out. heh
Same here. I often end up getting onto a user forum here or there to ask questions for help at certain points when I get stuck. Still, they're just such fun games. (I'm not a fan of shoot-em-ups.) I have fond memories of playing the first game years ago with all my kids around the computer (including little Yoda around age 11 -- back when he was green around the ... ears).

Standing in the Sunlight, Laughing
I played the first game with my then-husband, and between his anal proclivity for drawing maps and taking notes, and my intuitive random clicking-like-a-crazy-person, we figured that one out. Since then, on my own, no luck. Speaking of shoot-em-ups, I like them ok, but that dart to the neck in Riven about gave me a stroke.

"green around the ears" hee hee hee! It makes me grin that you post here. I can't even get my mom to use her email. (though I get the feeling you're much more my age than hers)

its a dog eat dog world
how do you post a pic of your desktop screen????

Originally Posted by Bones
how do you post a pic of your desktop screen????
Get the sceen the way you want it (reduce any programs that are covering up the desktop, etc.), and then hit the PRNTSCRN key (or however it's marked).

Then go into MSPaint and hit PASTE. Once it's in there, I reduced it by about 50% and saved it as a JPG. Then I hit REPLY here and uploaded it.

Hope that helps!

Originally Posted by SamsoniteDelila
I played the first game with my then-husband, and between his anal proclivity for drawing maps and taking notes, and my intuitive random clicking-like-a-crazy-person, we figured that one out. Since then, on my own, no luck. Speaking of shoot-em-ups, I like them ok, but that dart to the neck in Riven about gave me a stroke.

"green around the ears" hee hee hee! It makes me grin that you post here. I can't even get my mom to use her email. (though I get the feeling you're much more my age than hers)
Probably I am. I'm only 43 (Yoda himself being 20). I've been online since 1987.

My own mom (Yoda's grandma) has been known to post on here. She took to the online world like a duck to water, after some initial splashing around aimlessly.

Yeah, a few things in Riven creeped me out, starting right at the beginning with the moving video of SOMEONE ACTUALLY ALIVE in the game! After Myst's eerie nobody's-home feeling, it was a major shock to see people walking around every so often in Riven.

You should see the graphics in Myst IV. Oh my, they're GORGEOUS and amazing. Breezes blow, trees move, clouds go across the moon, water ripples when you touch it, items make appropriate sounds when you thunk 'em. It's way too cool. Game comes out in September.

Having the graphic on my desktop has been making me impatient lately, so I might change it for the last few weeks of waiting. I'm currently bored with most of the other games on my system right now....

Standing in the Sunlight, Laughing
I think I may ask for the rest of the MYST series for Christmas. IV sounds really cool.
I'm 38, by the way, so yep, I'm almost the age of Yoda's mom and must now go invest heavily in Geritol. I've known him as a fellow poster since Dec '02 and don't think of him as the young 'un that he is. I've been online since Dec '94, I think? Things have changed a bit, eh?

its a dog eat dog world
here is my desk top
Attachments

Name:	desktop.jpg
Views:	273
Size:	246.1 KB
ID:	3499  

its a dog eat dog world
no, it was already on my comp when i bought it, which was before piriouts of the carabioun, if i remember dates right, lol

i have good tast in alot, dont you think???
lol