Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

I thought Bone Tomahawk was pretty lame. There’s a pretty graphic moment and that’s about the only thing that stood out.
Did you see Brawl yet? If not, and you thought Bone Tomahawk was lame, don't let it dissuade you.

This was the best action film I've seen in many years.

I finally was able to finish off the new "Apes" trilogy with War for the Planet of the Apes (2017). Admittedly, this made me want to revisit Battle for the Planet of the Apes (1973) because of the similar premise. I really liked all of the new Ape films, but I wasn't really in a rush to see them and I don't think I'll be revisiting them anytime soon. The biggest problem I had with War was that I thought the film went out of its way to connect it to Planet of the Apes (1968) with
WARNING: "War for the Planet of the Apes" spoilers below
Cornelius being Caesar's son and Nova basically hanging out with the apes. The disease in the movie also expedites the timeline as it explains how humans basically became feral after a few decades after War takes place.I imagined that Planet of the Apes would take place a few hundred years after War, not just a few decades

Rating:

You pretty much get what you see. Nothing suprising.

Rating"

This might just do nobody any good.
The end , Saunch?
Yeah. Talk about a split.

Did you see Brawl yet? If not, and you thought Bone Tomahawk was lame, don't let it dissuade you.
I will. Heard good things about it too.

Sinister (2012) pretty good and disquieting, did a rare thing in these types of film where I was waaaaay off with the denouement. Good, solid and watchable. Female lead is the weak point, quite simply put, she's awful (is she really related to Mark Rylance?!?). I understand anyone trying to stop the fun and games (yo Adrian!) gets a bad shake but shes just unbelievably wooden, that said 3.5/5.

is she really related to Mark Rylance?
Step-daughter

The Tree of Life (2011)

Wow.

Originally Posted by Iroquois
To be fair, you have to have a fairly high IQ to understand MovieForums.com.

2/3 of it verrrrrry slow (like drive) which I really like because for me it makes me super tense because I know payoff is coming, then boom!

The pay off in BT is Holy Ef!!!

Please excuse my potty mouth. This endng left me very shaken and disturbed, Doc
Bone Tomahawk was great, I thought! I enjoyed the spicy dialog and the slow burn. A treat of a western. The horrid scene near the end actually made me like it less because I thought it was totally unnecessary. I might have to see this again, though. I loved how it was made for the most part, and Russell is always fun to watch!

You can't win an argument just by being right!
Bone Tomahawk was great, I thought! I enjoyed the spicy dialog and the slow burn. A treat of a western. The horrid scene near the end actually made me like it less because I thought it was totally unnecessary. I might have to see this again, though. I loved how it was made for the most part, and Russell is always fun to watch!

Yeah it waslike a different movie, wasnt it

The Sword of Doom (1966)

+

Tatsuya Nakadai and Toshiro Mifune star in a samurai flick that has much more action and violence than any other I've seen from the 60's.

You can't win an argument just by being right!
[center]The Sword of Doom (1966)

]
is this in japanese with english subs or straight horrendous english dubbing. Straight out horrendous dubbing was the big thing for movies back then because gaijin couldn't seem to read subtitles.

Hello

Welcome to the human race...
Brigsby Bear -

maybe the best feel-good movie of 2017, but more importantly it's dope as sh*t

The Petrified Forest (Archie Mayo, 1936)
+
Not too wooden (except for some of the dialogue)