Are You Afraid of The Dark?

Tools    

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hea...amount-1057833

"Are You Afraid of the Dark?, the early 1990s anthology show that aired on Nickelodeon, is getting the big-screen treatment.

Paramount Pictures arm Paramount Players has hired Gary Dauberman, the writer behind the New Line horror movies It and Annabelle: Creation, to pen the script and produce the project,

The conceit of Afraid of the Dark was that the stories in each episode were campfire tales told by a group of teens who called themselves the Midnight Society. The tales ranged from modern takes on fairy tales to stories involving creatures such as vampires and aliens.

"The show is about the shared experience of telling stories — especially scary ones. We're going to celebrate that with this movie and honor the darker, scarier tone of the show, which was really groundbreaking for Nickelodeon at the time. I hope the Midnight Society approves," Dauberman tells The Hollywood Reporter."

Please be better than the Goosebumps movie. Anthology film GO!

Can definitely see them attempting to make this similar to Stranger Things/IT after their success.

Are You Afraid of the Dark is a show i know i would've loved as a kid but it was just a bit before my time and when i tried it as an adult i was too old for it. Goosebumps was my kids horror anthology like Swan mentioned.

Wanna Date? Got Any Money?
I used to watch this every weeknight before I went to bed. Right after the original power rangers and right before bedtime. Certain episodes of this show are legitimately well done and scared the hell out of me as a kid.