The edge
Bronson
The king of comedy
The sunshine limited
Lawrence of Arabia
Garden State
The Wolf of Wall Street
Ran

That is my list I will do a list soon on my favourite TV shows like Game of Thrones west world and Penny dreadful so feel free to recommend shows like them if you can. But some of the movies on the list like Rumble Fish I have a soft spot for since I grew up watching them. But these are my all time favourite movies if you can pick one and recommend a film like it that would be great

We definitely share a lot of favorites.

For Enemy of The State I'd recommend The Conversation, which is a much better version.

And for Drive, I'd recommend The Driver, which is kinda the spirtual inspiration for Drive, but the Gosling film is much better overall, HOWEVER, The Driver has superior car chase scenes.

We definitely share a lot of favorites.

For Enemy of The State I'd recommend The Conversation, which is a much better version.

And for Drive, I'd recommend The Driver, which is kinda the spirtual inspiration for Drive, but the Gosling film is much better overall, HOWEVER, The Driver has superior car chase scenes.
Thanks for your recommendations i'll be sure to check them out

I like your list, love your taste.

I'd suggest Pulp Fiction, which doesn't appear on your list. I bet you have seen it though.

Apart from that the Apartment and Philadelphia. Hope you like them!

I like your list, love your taste.

I'd suggest Pulp Fiction, which doesn't appear on your list. I bet you have seen it though.

Apart from that the Apartment and Philadelphia. Hope you like them!
Absolutely love pulp Fiction and Philadelphia I actually forgot to add those but I haven't seen the apartment i'm just about to check out the trailer

In Bruges -> Seven Psychopaths

Same director, and the same smart storytelling. It's also a whole lot of fun.

If you liked Black Swan, check out The Wrestler. Both by the same director and he considers them to be companion pieces to each other.

In Bruges -> Seven Psychopaths

Same director, and the same smart storytelling. It's also a whole lot of fun.
^ Was also going to suggest this

Originally Posted by Iroquois
To be fair, you have to have a fairly high IQ to understand MovieForums.com.

Absolutely right about the Wrestler and black swan being a comparison peace to each other dealing with two characters who degrade their body's to entertain or create art. and the repetition and mental strain it has on their lives. Darren Aronofsky is a true talent but my favourite film of his has to be the fountain. it took me awhile to understand the meaning of The film but it's worth a watch if you haven't seen it

Absolutely right about the Wrestler and black swan being a comparison peace to each other dealing with two characters who degrade their body's to entertain or create art. and the repetition and mental strain it has on their lives. Darren Aronofsky is a true talent but my favourite film of his has to be the fountain. it took me awhile to understand the meaning of The film but it's worth a watch if you haven't seen it
Then you'd love Requiem For a Dream, I know I did.

Then you'd love Requiem For a Dream, I know I did.
That's a great movie I didn't put on my list though since it's a painful movie to watch That's also what makes it so great but it's not a film I would watch twice. A masterpiece though no doubt

This might just do nobody any good.
2001: A Space Odyssey - Solaris (Tarkovsky’s counter. An intimate look at human emotion filtered through science fiction)

Gattaca - Never Let Me Go (the manufactured seeks meaning)

Vertigo - Phoenix (identity manipulation. withholding emotions, desires and it features a devastating final number)

Drive - The Driver (Walter Hill and a midnight masterpiece)

Inglourious Basterds - To Be or Not To Be (Lubitsch’ amazing comedy on performance, political or otherwise, professional and personal insecurities and fighting back against fascism)

The Master - Let There Be Light (John Huston puts trauma on the spotlight)

12 Monkeys - La Jetée (a black and white, French language time traveling slide show that could double with Interstellar as well)

2001: A Space Odyssey - Solaris (Tarkovsky’s counter. An intimate look at human emotion filtered through science fiction)

Vertigo - Phoenix (identity manipulation. withholding emotions, desires and it features a devastating final number)

Inglourious Basterds - To Be or Not To Be (Lubitsch’ amazing comedy on performance, political or otherwise, professional and personal insecurities and fighting back against fascism)

12 Monkeys - La Jetée (a black and white, French language time traveling slide show that could double with Interstellar as well)
Grate that's a lot of films I've never seen thanks for the many recommendations buddy

A few of your favorites are already similar - such as Citizen Kane and There Will Be Blood, both characters studies on the rise and fall of two wealthy business magnates, and how extreme wealth and greed can morally corrupt a man.

Also Taxi Driver and Nightcrawler, two character studies of mentally deranged sociopaths.

De Palma's Obsession is a rip off of Vertigo, but I wouldn't really recommend it to the him, as I found it be pretty mediocre by comparison.

Taxi Driver-Joe (1970)
Black Swan-The Red Shoes
The Terminator-RoboCop
Boogie Nights-Wonderland
I Saw the Devil-The Chaser
Cool Hand Luke-HUD
Fatal Attraction-Basic Instinct
Bronson-Chopper

This might just do nobody any good.
Can you guys do the same for me?

There Will Be Blood
Pee Wee's Big Adventure
Cannibal Holocaust
Rugrats in Paris
The answer to all of those is Salò, or the 120 Days of Sodom.