What Movies to Watch Before Thor: Ragnarok???

Tools    

I am obligated to see Thor Ragnarok since I have been following the series. But my wife hasn't seen enough of the Marvel movies.

Now for those who have seen it, what movies should be re-watched?

Thanks in advance.

Thor, The Avengers, and Thor: The Dark World are quite important. Even though Ragnarok expands on a few notes from Avengers: Age of Ultron, you can get away with skipping that one if you don't feel like watching a fourth film. Just tell your wife about "the lullaby", and what happens with the Hulk. The rest of Ultron is irrelevant to the plot of this film.

There is a cameo appearance by another MCU character, though it is not necessary to see his film since it's not critical to understanding his scene.
WARNING: "Ragnarok cameo character" spoilers below
It's Doctor Strange. Knowing that "he does magic" is enough information.

Thor, The Avengers, and Thor: The Dark World are quite important. Even though Ragnarok expands on a few notes from Avengers: Age of Ultron, you can get away with skipping that one if you don't feel like watching a fourth film. Just tell your wife about "the lullaby", and what happens with the Hulk. The rest of Ultron is irrelevant to the plot of this film.

There is a cameo appearance by another MCU character, though it is not necessary to see his film since it's not critical to understanding his scene.
WARNING: "Ragnarok cameo character" spoilers below
It's Doctor Strange. Knowing that "he does magic" is enough information.
THANK YOU

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
Elmer Gantry, Midnight Cowboy and Jaws should be helpful, even if some are first watches.

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
All these are must-see before you watch it:

CLICK!
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

This might just do nobody any good.
Flash Gordon, Mad Max: Beyond Thunderdome, What We Do in the Shadows.

As a prerequisite be sure to watch:

Vivre sa Vie
The 400 Blows
Bicycle Thieves
Stalker
Tokyo Story

That should be enough to head you in the right direction.

Tank/Freeter, I tank so you don't have to.
Big Trouble in Little China
That's a movie you watch when you wake up and before you go to sleep.

the nolan batman movies aren't essential, but you're definitely gonna wanna check out batman vs. superman and suicide squad if you wanna understand all the plot points
criticker

I always ready to watch Restitution Road by Dina Meyer and Supporting actors Ed Begley Jr., Tess Harper, Ernie Hudson who have also played the great rolls in the famous movies in like Back to The Future, Saw...

Great series. I really love it.

"Honor is not in the Weapon. It is in the Man"
Thor
Captain America: The First Avenger

The Avengers
Thor: The Dark World
Guardians of the Galaxy

Avengers: Age of Ultron
Doctor Strange

These will help as Thor: Ragnarok will also help set-up Avengers: Infinity War

That elusive hide-and-seek cow is at it again
bom bom bom bom bom bom bom bom FLASH!!!
*sqrrsssshhhhhhhaaaaaaa...*
AAH -AAAAAH!!!!!
*krrrrssssshttcch!*

bom bom bom bom bom bom bom bom!!!
*sqrrsssshhhhhhhaaaaaaa.....*
Savoir of the UN-I-VERSE!!!!!!!
*krrrrssssshttcch!*
AAH -AAAAAH!!!!!

In all seriousness though, there are cute little nods here and there to events in past movies, but it's overall enjoyable without that knowledge. I don't recall any deep plot points that require past movies to follow along. The lullaby scenes, maybe, but I thought it was self-contained enough in this movie to accept and move past without questioning what was happening. Of Course there's Loki, so a quick heads up that this guy is his mischievous brother who always wants to rule the world type of thing might be good, but that becomes a bit obvious too early on.

"Ever try to forcibly pin down a house cat? It's not easy." - Captain Steel

"I just can't get pass sticking a finger up a dog's butt." - John Dumbear