The 13th Warrior (A solid sword and shield action adventure)

Tools    

I don't actually wear pants.
You could have just posted this which would have made Larry laugh but instead you saw rudeness which wasnt there, Pants. I've noticed you doing this quite a bit lately.

[IMG]https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/uncyclopedia/images/7/7d/*********.jpeg/revision/latest?cb=20080425192727[/IMG]

I dont think he's on 'shrooms, you know
I probably over-reacted, but I kind of regret posting in this thread. I don't mean to be rude, but I'm short-tempered. I try to have fun with this place, but I keep seeing the same stuff here I did on IMDb, and it's irksome.

Still, I accept fault. I apologize for the trouble. I feel bad for posting here the way I did. I shall try again.

So, this here movie looked okay, but the reviews are kind of off-putting. Still, it sounds like it could be good, and I see our friend Larry dug it, so that's cool. I don't know if it's for me, but I'm always happy when people enjoy films. Where to see it, though, is the question. I can't watch it if I can't legally find it, now can I?

You can't win an argument just by being right!
I've never found rudeness in your posts so no need to apologise. and I totally agree about seeing the same crap ad nauseum on imdb. Very happy that place sank like the hesperus.

I've never found rudeness in your posts so no need to apologise. and I totally agree about seeing the same crap ad nauseum on imdb. Very happy that place sank like the hesperus.
Phew. Yeah, I hate being mean to people, and I get a little sensitive at times, so I go off a bit sometimes. Let's put this to rest after I say that I'm glad we aren't in a bad place, and the movie might be good, and I should watch it. Huzzah!

You can't win an argument just by being right!
Phew. Yeah, I hate being mean to people, and I get a little sensitive at times, so I go off a bit sometimes. Let's put this to rest after I say that I'm glad we aren't in a bad place, and the movie might be good, and I should watch it. Huzzah!
Everyone enjoys that from time to time. Good stress reliever, I guess. I just love my dumb donkey. He's hanging for a corona with a wedge of lime. Cheeky burro.

Everyone enjoys that from time to time. Good stress reliever, I guess. I just love my dumb donkey. He's hanging for a corona with a wedge of lime. Cheeky burro.
It is a funny picture.

Unfortunately, the movie in question is not available on Amazon Prime or Netflix. Fooey.

Hellloooo Cindy - Scary Movie (2000)
It is a funny picture.

Unfortunately, the movie in question is not available on Amazon Prime or Netflix. Fooey.
You’re just going to have to buy it on blueray then. Nah haha, no stress, just might not be your cup of tea which is all good.

I need to buy it---you'd think one of my favorite movies I would own on Blu-ray, but noooo! I've lately had a habit of getting newer DVDs of movies I missed at the cinema. But I need to put this at the top of my list for my next trip to Best Buy or next time I order something.

You’re just going to have to buy it on blueray then. Nah haha, no stress, just might not be your cup of tea which is all good.
Netflix does have it on DVD, so that could work.

I am glad you enjoy the film, though. How fluffy is it?

I remember watching this when I was like 10 years old and liking it. I re-watched it again a couple years ago and I was going in thinking that it was gonna be horrible compared to my standards now... but I actually ended up enjoying it once again! Sure it has some flaws but if you're looking for a fun adventure movie with lots of bloody sword fighting then you really can't go wrong with this one!

Tank/Freeter, I tank so you don't have to.
"We'll call him Ibn"

Great dialogue in the film.

Also king Hrothgar's death...

The 13th Warrior (1999)

I’ve always really like this movie starring Antonio Banderas directed by John McTierman (Die Hard) and based on a Michael Crichton novel. It received mixed reviews and…compared to its 160 mil budget….did not do well in terms of cinema gross earnings…32 mil according to IMDB.

Given its seeming obscurity, my story of coming across The 13th Warrior is as follows;

After watching Lord of the rings I went to my local video shop and asked if they had more medieval type action films, they suggested Gladiator, Robin Hood with Kevin Costner and this. I’d seen the great Gladiator and borrowed the other two. 13th warrior was exactly what I wanted, mixture of horror, adventure, some humour, relatively large scale action sequences and some intimate action sequences….basically it’s a boy’s action film (centred around tough male protagonists and male bonding), shot very well with enjoyable characters, an enjoyable atmospheric world and quality sword and shield action……gore included, practical effects, no CGI nonsense.

Highly recommended.

Who’s seen this?
i was introduced it by my dad...he told it as a bed time story...it has that edge of adventure...understanding the other...how each contribute their skills..one gripe i had is..once they reach the kingdom it suddenly becomes very contained movie between the small town and the caves..with that much budget one would think they might have made it much bigger and fighting the antagonists outside caves/kingdom..it has like price of 185 million..almost rivaling that of the dark knight and titanic.

i was introduced it by my dad...he told it as a bed time story...it has that edge of adventure...understanding the other...how each contribute their skills..one gripe i had is..once they reach the kingdom it suddenly becomes very contained movie between the small town and the caves..with that much budget one would think they might have made it much bigger and fighting the antagonists outside caves/kingdom..it has like price of 185 million..almost rivaling that of the dark knight and titanic.
They reinvented and expanded upon the source material so much but I quite like it that ultimately they brought it back to the original story, where it's a one-on-one confrontation between Beowulf and Grendel's mother. In this case Ahmad and the Wendol Mother.