Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

Wind River

This was pretty dull until the bear mace scene, started getting quite a bit better thankfully. Don't think the mystery truly sucked me in but Renner and Olsen were good and i loved the setting. The guy who played Pete was good as a slimy pos too, rarely is someone's suffering as satisfying as the scene with him and Renner on the mountain. There was some genuinely great and harrowing scenes like the one two punch of the rape/beating scene followed by the shootout. This is something i know i won't remember, for a one time thing it was a pretty good watch.

-

The Bib-iest of Nickels

I didn't expect much from this film, in turn, I was not disappointed. Jigsaw isn't the worst film in the series, (SAW 4 or 3D holds that accolade) but it isn't among the better ones either (the best, in my opinion, being 1 and 3).

Kill Me Again (1989) - First time I saw this movie, Val Kilmer plays a private eye hired to fake a woman's death. interesting movie, I give it a 6/10

Tomorrow Never Dies (1997) 7/10

Yi ge ren de wu lin [Kung Fu Jungle aka Kung Fu Killer] (Teddy Chan, 2014)

I'd be lion if I said I didn't enjoy this overall, not quite a hella-fun-time but entertaining enough for me

Thor: Ragnarok

FANTASTIC! Really fun and a lot of laughs. Glad to see this Thor was a step above The Dark World (even though I liked that movie too). And while Hela is no Loki or Ultron, she was so much more interesting then the last Thor villain.

Yesterday I watched two excellent movies.

Really? 10 out of 10?
You won't see me giving ratings of 8 and above often . This is one of those occasions where I thought: could this film have been any better in any respect? The answer was no, so it had to be a 10.

Last movie I saw was Thor Ragnarock. Enjoyed it very much. I'm thinking about seeing it a second time this weekend.

Tabu: A Story of the South Seas

Thankfully i think i'm getting more used to Silent films, well Silent drama's i was already fine with comedies. Didn't love this but i think alot of what the film was trying to get across did and my mind didn't wander like it had with these old Silent Films previously. Very glad the majority of the parts were taking by natives if the title card at the beginning is accurate, helped make the film feel more natural than films with very obvious white westerners in these parts; another thing was the way they were dressed everyone was nearly nude (and there actually was nudity which was a big surprise) which is how i'd imagine them to be. Was surprised by this because in John Ford's The Hurricane the characters especially female were as covered up as possible and it took me out of it a little as i just kept thinking they obviously had to do that. Visually it was spectacular, so glad they filmed on an actual tropical island rather than a film set; the film was very beautiful. Alot of it was cleverly filmed too like how the shark was dealt with, if we saw that more clearly it would have probably looked ridiculous but the way it was filmed was believable with it being fast moving and elusive. I'm still not completely there with silents as even though this seemingly did everything right i wasn't fully taken by the story which is why i didn't love it. One of the main things being i was unable to engage with the romance; some of the emotion never came across because i didn't buy into their feelings for each other. Very good anyway i'm enjoying Murnau and definitely ready to check out more of his stuff.

-

Keep your station clean - OR I WILL KILL YOU
Leatherface (2017)

This was a decent effort at trying to revive the dead franchise that is Texas Chainsaw Massacre. I would say it gets halfway there, but in the end it just feels pointless and tiring. Much better then that 2013 disgraceful film though.

GRADE - 53/100

Coco (2017)

Just saw this for a second time and I fell in love with it even more. One of Pixar's most complex and poignant films to date. Don't miss it this Thanksgiving please, especially if you've missed Pixar. it will need help at the box office.

GRADE - 97/100

Humm, a decent final 'ending' to the series, thankfully a huge improvement over the last one. Could have done with more Ruby Rose though as I liked her character, would have preferred her in more scenes over Ali Larter, never liked her character.