The 13th Warrior (A solid sword and shield action adventure)

Tools    

I really like the movie Centurion (2010), with Michael Fassbender, Dominic West, Olga Kurylenko (who is awesome in this), Rachael Stirling, and the lovely Imogen Poots. It's a terrific action movie about the missing Ninth Legion of Rome and speculation of what happened to them. I know there are several movies that cover this story and I've seen at least one other, but I like this one the best. Directed by the great Neil Marshall (Dog Soldiers, The Descent, some episodes of Game of Thrones), I highly recommend it.
I was going to mention Centurion as well. I enjoyed it and Olga Kurylenko is great in it. Michael Fassbender's not keen on his contribution apparently but I thought he was good.

Also worth a mention:

Hercules (2014)
Troy (2004)
The Beastmaster (1982)
Beowulf and Grendel (2005)
Excalibur (1981)
Conan the Barbarian (1982 & 2011)
Conan the Destroyer (1984)

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
I consider this one underrated enough that it made my top ten list on movies I love but people hate.

Suspect's Reviews

“I was cured, all right!”
I really like this movie.
I had it once on the good old VHS times! I'm always nostalgic watching that "cave" sequence. Great, now I want to rewatch again.

Saw this at a discount theater for $1. Was well worth it. Loved the costuming and the set pieces. And this was in 99, well before the whole Viking thing became super popular and over done. I dont necessarily think its a great movie, certainly not a "classic" (the ending is disappointing at best), but its a fun little period piece featuring an era you didnt normally see featured very much on the big screen at that point. It was funny and idiosyncratic, violent enough and just spooky enough (was cool that it was basically from the perspective of the pagan vikings who saw this enemy as supernatural and they maintain that mystery until the end). Would love to see more films like this made. Didnt realize it cost so much though. Later Viking films like Pathfinder were just terrible. Was there ever any plan to bring the Ragnar Lothbrok character from TV to the big screen? I think the popularity of that series has waned though.

Hellloooo Cindy - Scary Movie (2000)
I've been tempted to watch 13th Warrior, but the reviews I've seen are rather negative, so I'm hesitant. I see you like it, and I'm glad you do, but I don't know if it's for me. Sorry.

Thanks for sharing.

You can't win an argument just by being right!
I guess it pays to be vague and somehow rude? I guess I won't bother discussing movies with you again.
Larry is nice. That did not look remotely rude to me.

Hellloooo Cindy - Scary Movie (2000)
Thanks Dani but I can definitely be a smart ass. I feel I wear pants is a bit of a troll, I've noticed some of his comments in the past. I probably should have been an adult and ignored what he said originally but it was fairly amusing.

Thanks Dani but I can definitely be a smart ass. I feel I wear pants is a bit of a troll, I've noticed some of his comments in the past. I probably should have been an adult and ignored what he said originally but it was fairly amusing.
We're all cinefiles, Lrry. I welcome whatever genre people like even if I find it intolerable. Someone loving a movie I do not get has zero impact on my life and vice versa. To each their own should be all mofo signatures for a week as a reminder.

I don't actually wear pants.
How am I a troll? Being a smart ass is fine, I'm one as well, but I don't get how I'm a troll. I'll refrain from posting on a thread where I haven't seen the movie (I mostly wanted to see if people could convince me to check this one out, but I didn't word it well) if it bothers you so much.

I don't actually wear pants.
We're all cinefiles, Lrry. I welcome whatever genre people like even if I find it intolerable. Someone loving a movie I do not get has zero impact on my life and vice versa. To each their own should be all mofo signatures for a week as a reminder.
I never said it was a problem he liked it. I just shouldn't have posted at all.

I never said it was a problem he liked it. I just shouldn't have posted at all.
You could have just posted this which would have made Larry laugh but instead you saw rudeness which wasnt there, Pants. I've noticed you doing this quite a bit lately.

[IMG]https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/uncyclopedia/images/7/7d/*********.jpeg/revision/latest?cb=20080425192727[/IMG]

I dont think he's on 'shrooms, you know

In the Beginning...
The 13th Warrior is an awesome film and John McTiernan is an awesome director. I encourage all of you to check out Michael Crighton's equally awesome faux history book Eaters of the Dead, on which the film is based.