Doctor Who

Tools    

I never could get the hang of Thursdays.
Trailer looks interesting. I'd wondered how Capaldi would play the Doctor. My interest in Doctor Who waned a bit during the last series, but this looks promising.

Standing in the Sunlight, Laughing
Am in the same boat, ThursdayNext. REALLY hoping they do some longer arcs and scary stuff again. If the kiddies aren't watching from behind the sofa, they're not doing it right is my opinion.

I am burdened with glorious purpose
Gotta say, watching the trailer yesterday got me a little more interested.

Tbh, I just don't like Calpaldi as the Doctor. I did not rewatch season 8 and I always rewatch! I was even debating about not watching season 9….

But it was a good trailer. We'll see. I just wish I liked him as much as everyone else seems to.

It's a very good trailer (but that doesn't necessarily mean it will translate into a great series). I have been rewatching new Who series 1 and 2 with my kids and have been enjoying it much more than the most recent few series. Partly, David Tennant is my favourite. Partly I feel that it got bogged down in overly convoluted plots in the Matt Smith era.

I am burdened with glorious purpose
Agreed about the convoluted plots. I don't even pretend to understand them all.

BUT… I really liked the characters of Matt's Doctor, Amy and Rory. I liked them so much I could forgive the plots at times…

Tennant is my fav.

Today a fan was punched by an autograph dealer whilst trying to get David Tennant's autograph. The man was left shaken by the encounter and believes it was his last opportunity to tell Mr Tennant how much he had been inspired by him to take up acting.

As the Whovian community we all need to come together and try to ensure this poor man gets his chance to tell his idol how much he means to him - because why should a cruel autograph dealer motivated by his own financial gain spoil it for a genuine fan of the show?

https://twitter.com/GeorgeBaker26/st...69096814637057

I am going to start a petition at some point. It would be nice if we could try and help right this.

So anybody watch the first ep of the new series? What did you think of Bill?

I thought it was alright, I liked The Doctor as a professor with the Tardis in the corner of his office, but wasn't too bothered about the plot.

Interesting to see a dedicated thread for the series. No, unfortunately I didn't see it. I won't be bothering with this series but I might have a look at the regeneration when it comes along.

The Pilot was okay, which is impressive given how much I've loathed the last three seasons. Bill is okay, miles better than bloody Clara, and they could be a decent TARDIS team. Just need some stronger stories now.

The Pilot was okay, which is impressive given how much I've loathed the last three seasons. Bill is okay, miles better than bloody Clara, and they could be a decent TARDIS team. Just need some stronger stories now.
I can imagine she would be better than Clara, who seemed a lot better paired with the Eleventh Doctor from what I saw.

I watched a few of Capaldi's first series episodes and my favourite was Into the Dalek. I just thought his performance was top class there and I never saw him match it. I really liked Flatline as a concept as well.

Yeah, I think Clara stayed too long.
Also I never looked at Coleman and Capaldi outside the show and thought they looked totally comfortable together. But my exposure to the show itself as well as interviews and behind-the-scenes stuff isn't what it once was.

New companions for those who haven't seen it yet, the Doctor gets three this time around:

Bradley Walsh I'm looking forwards to, very interesting choice.

I think it depends who they're playing and how they fit together as to how this will work. There's plenty of examples of a big cast in previous era – the Jon Pertwee era especially, but not all of those characters were actual companions.