What's your unpopular movie opinion?

Tools    

Oooo Oooo!
I never liked Cape Fear. I watch it every few years to test myself, but no. It's a very silly movie to me.
I assume you're talking about Scorsese's remake? There are two versions.

A lot of people feel it's silly, but I think it's excellent. DeNiro and Nolte both put in great performances.

This might just do nobody any good.
This is a topic for unpopular opinions. I don't see it as crazy though. Drive is a masterpiece.
I know, I’m just messing around.

I love Scorsese’s Cape Fear. It’s really a good bit of fun, De Niro kills it and if it weren’t for it we wouldn’t have gotten Schindler’s List.

I love Scorsese’s Cape Fear. It’s really a good bit of fun, De Niro kills it and if it weren’t for it we wouldn’t have gotten Schindler’s List.
One thing to notice about Scorsese's Cape Fear... the film score is very similar to Vertigo. That's no coincidence, it's one of Scorsese's favorite films and he wanted Cape Fear to feel like a Hitchcock thriller.

You can't win an argument just by being right!
This is a topic for unpopular opinions. I don't see it as crazy though. Drive is a masterpiece.

I loved Cape fear. So scared at one point I might have pushed out a tear. What does your next comment mean saunch? I haven't heard that before.

I loved Cape fear. So scared at one point I might have pushed out a tear. What does your next comment mean saunch? I haven't heard that before.
Scorsese and Spielberg swapped movies. Originally Marty was suppose to make Schindler's List, and Spielberg was suppose to make Cape Fear.

Better for both movies imo. Spielberg can't make a crime thriller like Scorsese, and Scorsese can't make a war epic like Spielberg.

Spielberg was going to direct Cape Fear when Schindler’s List came around.

Marty took over Cape Fear so Stevie could make Schindler’s.

Similarly (and this is just useless trivia), Liam Neeson was originally cast as Lincoln in Spielberg’s film and Daniel Day-Lewis in Neeson’s role in Silence. Both projects stalled and the two ended up switching roles when they finally got made (not to mention the Gangs of New York connection).

Revenge of the Sith was good. Attack of the Clones was bad, but not horrible. The Phantom Menace was the only overtly bad Star Wars movie.
Half disagree with you there. I think “Clone” is the worst by far.

Can you imagine what those movies might have been like if Lucas had gotten his wish? (Spielberg directing “Phantom”, Spike Jonze directing “Clones” and Coppola “Sith”)

Similarly (and this is just useless trivia), Liam Neeson was originally cast as Lincoln in Spielberg’s film and Daniel Day-Lewis in Neeson’s role in Silence. Both projects stalled and the two ended up switching roles when they finally got made (not to mention the Gangs of New York connection).
This I didn't know.

How many people know that Leo was originally suppose to star in Boogie Nights?

Joaquin too.

We’re veering off the subject here, though.

Joaquin too.

We’re veering off the subject here, though.
Indeed.

Here's another.... Ben Affleck's Live by Night is an excellent movie. It totally BOMBED in threatres, and got mediocre to bad reviews from critics... so I went into watching it with low expectations... I was surprised at how good it was.

If I had a steak, I would f**k it!
Half disagree with you there. I think “Clone” is the worst by far.

Can you imagine what those movies might have been like if Lucas had gotten his wish? (Spielberg directing “Phantom”, Spike Jonze directing “Clones” and Coppola “Sith”)

Okay, now I hate them again! I want to see those so bad.

If you are in internet circles, Twitter in special, you may notice how many people associate anime fans with alt-right or nazi ideologies, due to the amount of people with "anime avatars" indulging in these behaviours online. It is kind of a meme at this point, and it is true that the community embraces a lot of these individuals for some reason. The "Nazi edit" issue from MAL or just the mess that is its Current Events subforum are good samples of this.
Yeah i've been watching a few Anime at the moment so i usually go to MAL and read what people had to say about the episodes. Wandered into Current Events and immediately regretted it, awful. Also all the Pingu stuff is incredibly unfunny.

Oooo Oooo!
I never liked Cape Fear. I watch it every few years to test myself, but no. It's a very silly movie to me.
Think it's probably Scorsese's worst film. The Robert Mitchum one isn't great either but i think it's better.

Hellloooo Cindy - Scary Movie (2000)
The dark night rises is a lot more enjoyable than The Dark knight. Batman Begins is a great film and also more enjoyable than the Dark knight. Maybe I prefer BB to TDKR 55% to 45%.