Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

You can't win an argument just by being right!
I thought Pride and Glory was mehhh. However (not giving away any spoilers), that one scene where Colin Farrell grabs the dudes baby away was very intense.

As far as police dramas go, there's been far far better ones than Pride and Glory.
That scene had me yelling. Great actor.

“Sugar is the most important thing in my life…”

He ain't Glass Joe, that's for sure.

A review would be nice, Camo. i'M interested.
Dunno about a review. I preferred Part 4 but out of the six Jason films i've seen it is the most normal seeming film. By that i mean it had the best acting (not a high benchmark obv), it had the best structured and paced plot and it had a clear goal which was to make a Jason film while making fun of Jason films; something not easy but i think it pulled it off well enough. I laughed a few times and could definitely see geeking out to this if i was following this series as a fan while they were released. Not a favourite but a solid fun film. I still prefer the tone deaf Part IV to the self aware VI though.

Dunno about a review. I preferred Part 4 but out of the six Jason films i've seen it is the most normal seeming film. By that i mean it had the best acting (not a high benchmark obv), it had the best structured and paced plot and it had a clear goal which was to make a Jason film while making fun of Jason films; something not easy but i think it pulled it off well enough. I laughed a few times and could definitely see geeking out to this if i was following this series as a fan while they were released. Not a favourite but a solid fun film. I still prefer the tone deaf Part IV to the self aware VI though.
Nice one!

Part IV is a nasty critter!

One of my all time favorite movies. Felt like rewatching it tonight.

Very underrated film. A gritty, and tense noir crime drama with top notch acting from Laurence Fishburne, and Jeff Goldblum. There were a lot of great crime thrillers in the 90s, and this definitely ranks among the top 10 best of them in my mind.

9/10

Been on a tear lately. Maybe I'll write them up later but I'll give you a score now. Give you some initial thoughts.

Wind River
4.5/5 (This movie was gritty but not too artsy, stayed entertaining, perfect balance. Really dug it)

The Big Sick
4/5 (Ray is back!)

American Made
soft 3/5

Citizen Kane
3/5 (I know I finally watched it)

Baby Driver
2/5 (meh)

Hidden Figures
2.5/5 (Important stories but I have white guilt fatigue)

I think that's all. Wind River and The Big Sick I watched back to back. Enjoyed the hell out of both of them I hope they do well at the Oscars. I'll probably buy both of those eventually. Citizen Kane is one of those movies I had to watch. I get why it's such a classic and I can appreciate it's importance to the film industry but old movies like that are just a choir for me to watch. I'm glad I watched it but I'm not clamoring to see it again anytime soon. Anyways, Baby Driver I wasn't terribly impressed with. I probably just had to high of expectations. Hidden Figures I wanted to watch and everyone did great from the director to the actors, I'm just completely fatigued by the white man evil black man (or women in this case) held down, especially in today's climate. I liked the movie and it's an important story but it's just the same formula where you can just check the boxes as it goes. I want more original flicks and less of these.

101 Favorite Movies (2019)

Why Him? (2016)

Well, what to say about this one? I like the stars well enough: James Franco, Bryan Cranston, Zoey Deutch, Megan Mullally, Keegan-Michael Key, but for a comedy I didn't laugh much. Maybe because it's mainly one of those "pain-and-destruction" type of comedies where the laughs are supposed to come from one of the main character's discomfort all through the movie. Sort of like Ben Stiller in Meet the Parents. You just kind of squirm and feel bad when you're supposed to laugh. Anyway, the plot: Deutch gets her parents to come out to California for Christmas to meet her boyfriend, Franco, who is a rich, Silicon Valley guy, and he immediately grates on them because he has no filter. Meaning he cusses, he talks about Deutch and him having sex, has inappropriate paintings all over the place, has tattoos of the family he's just met all over his body. You get the picture. Then he throws a big birthday bash where the parents meet his even more jarring friends. Cranston's teen son is there also and he bonds with Franco. Mullally starts getting along with Franco. Cranston, who is virtually the only sympathetic person is made the butt of all the movie's jokes and made out to be the bad guy in everyone's eyes and that's hard to deal with as a viewer. But there are lessons to be learned, blah, blah, blah.

I did enjoy Key as Franco's main employee who jumps out at any time to test Franco's martial arts reflexes like The Pink Panther movies with Clouseau and Cato testing each other, but when Cranston mentions the movies to them they don't know what he's talking about. And Cranston says everyday things like, "Well, that's life," and Franco is just awestruck, thinking Cranston made it up on the spot. For a Silicon Valley genius/millionaire, he sure is stupid. Maybe that's the point, I don't know. Okay, every actor does their jobs and acts their parts appropriately but the script is total crap and if you've even seen a handful of movies or TV sitcoms, you know every set-up that's presented and how it will turn out, and even how the movie will end. Not good. The only thing that really worked for me was almost near the very end when
WARNING: spoilers below
Franco brings Deutch to Chicago to have Christmas with her parents after she and her dad have argued, and he also brings along two members of a famous rock group who dress up with a lot of paint. They have an acronym for their group name so you probably know who I mean. It's funny because at the end they're singing a Christmas song and they're both dressed up like these monsters and one of the members is even Jewish!
So, that unexpected thing made it funny at the end but still it's not worth the whole ride, in my opinion.

The Mummy (2017)

The first hour was entartaining, then it goes of the rails.

You can't win an argument just by being right!

Waste of time. I might like it if I was teenager (but I'm not).
The Mummy? lol. I liked it and I havent been a teenager for atleast a week. Nothing spesh; just popcorn fun.

oh scratch that. Poster only just came up. I dont know that one.

I won't dance. Don't ask me...
The Mummy? lol. I liked it and I havent been a teenager for atleast a week. Nothing spesh; just popcorn fun.

oh scratch that. Poster only just came up. I dont know that one.
You didn't miss out on anything

Loved the story, the feelings, the work on the facial expression of the apes. Amazing special effects.

Made me laugh, and cry. Several times. Just loved it.

Suntan (Argyris Papadimitropoulos, 2016)
+
Decent enough drama but a lot of nudity so the prudish would need to factor that in if thinking of watching.

I won't dance. Don't ask me...

Recommended by @Redwell because of appearance Renee Zellweger, who was very good. Just like Ed Harris, Jeremy Irons and Viggo Mortensen. But the unpredictable plot is the main attitude of this movie.

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
My Best Fiend - 8/10

A bit one-sided, but it's very interesting... I guess part of it is the craziness of it all, which I like... The relationships between multiple "crazy" creative people who have to work together.

My Best Fiend - 8/10

A bit one-sided, but it's very interesting... I guess part of it is the craziness of it all, which I like... The relationships between multiple "crazy" creative people who have to work together.

I saw this a few years back and thought it was interesting, too. One good thing is that Klaus Kinski isn't someone you'd have to worry about disappointing you if you ever met him by chance. You'd know to politely start walking backwards very slowly.